mu-ben-se

Errr still no. That's the first harmonic everyone else figured out. The second one which Matt0rz squeals about with is the 5th fret G string with vibrato wankage.

Are you sure its played in the G string? I always thought he played the same harmonic but on the 3rd fret on the A string.

Are you sure its played in the G string? I always thought he played the same harmonic but on the 3rd fret on the A string.

Yep I'm certain. Watch the DVD you see him going for the 5th fret. And seeing as the that's the only place on the fretboard around that location that gives that harmonic, it has to be it.

Yep I'm certain. Watch the DVD you see him going for the 5th fret. And seeing as the that's the only place on the fretboard around that location that gives that harmonic, it has to be it.

Every inch of a string can give a harmonic.

Those are just the easist ones as they divide easily with the frequency of that string...12th being the most obvious as it is half way

Every inch of a string can give a harmonic.

Those are just the easist ones as they divide easily with the frequency of that string...12th being the most obvious as it is half way

Yes but the pitch and tone of the harmonic changes as to where you use it.

That sound is unmistakable is the 5th fret G string.

Yes but the pitch and tone of the harmonic changes as to where you use it.

That sound is unmistakable is the 5th fret G string.

I haven't watched but the E string gives a decent sound too....

much squealir.....but im not near my guitar atm

hmm...it still looks to me as if hes playing the A string 3rd...cant see his hands move...

But i dont haz mah contactz in, so you're probably right :LOL:

Lol you can play it there :p BUT you still get the over tone of the A note ringing into it aswell. It's to clean to be played on the A.

• 2 years later...

Archived