Twin P90s (wired in series etc)

Lozo

Does someone know how Manson wire their twin P90s with the Sustainer ? (on the Kaoss Manson for example)

With a 3-way switch, what positions would you advise me ? Bridge only, Parallel, Series ?

Isn't Parallel useless ? As the P90s are side by side...

Can the Sustainer work when they're in series ? Or only on bridge pickup position ?

Which P90 ? Tim Mills from BKP advised me the Nantucket. But if I follow the descriptions on their website, I would have said the Supermassive (more modern voicing, high output etc).

Sorry if my english isn't correct, that kind of things are hard to explain for me... I'm french.

Tim is the man, so take his advice. I spent some time in their workshop in 2003 before they became supermassive, and they're genuinely just nice guys.

The resoning behind using a pair of low output pickups is probably because wiring them in series to create a super humbucker would be very high impedance if you had high output pickups. You will inevitably lose high end when you pair them up, so start with some brighter pickups.

The resoning behind using a pair of low output pickups is probably because wiring them in series to create a super humbucker would be very high impedance if you had high output pickups. You will inevitably lose high end when you pair them up, so start with some brighter pickups.

That's basically what he said : " I ended up making two very low output P90s so they could be used in series. Two Nantucket 90 neck P90s(one RWRP) would do the job."

Yeah Phill, I drove down there with my other half in February through Exmoor in all the snow. It was pretty cool. They're not actually in Barnstaple, it's a little village a few miles out and not easy to find. And they weren't as busy as I suspect they are now, so they had time to chat.

Lozo, that sounds like great advice, i'd go with it. Maybe you could have Tim wind it up with Alnico III's, or a III in the middle and a V in the bridge.

Archived