Axe-FX ll for Muse

MattMuse1991

According to musewiki matt has been using the Axe FX ll on tour and no amps...can anybody tell me a bit more about Axe FX? Has modelling really become so good lately that it can be substituted for very expensive amps? However I still think matts tone for a lot of songs sounds the same on the 2nd law tour as when he was using his proper amps on the last tour so surely he will be using a diezel and marshall simulator at least?

I'm sure that he used the Axe FX II for most of the effects and uses the Kemper Profiling Amp for the Amp Simulators, looking at this picture I can only see the effects & roadie racks, no amplifiers http://muse.mu/images,the-2nd-law-tour-production-rehearsals_163.htm?photo=4044

Pretty sure this is all there is now http://www.musewiki.org/File:2ndlawrack.jpg

Hope this helps :)

According to musewiki matt has been using the Axe FX ll on tour and no amps...can anybody tell me a bit more about Axe FX? Has modelling really become so good lately that it can be substituted for very expensive amps? However I still think matts tone for a lot of songs sounds the same on the 2nd law tour as when he was using his proper amps on the last tour so surely he will be using a diezel and marshall simulator at least?

his main crunch tone is a axe fx 2 with the "dizzy 4" sim, he uses the kemper for his marshall profiles and a few other amp's one of them being a super tweed for some of the clean stuff, he also run the kemper and the axe with 2 amp sims running at the same time, as in a duel amp setup, but im now to sure what songs these are.

his main crunch tone is a axe fx 2 with the "dizzy 4" sim, he uses the kemper for his marshall profiles and a few other amp's one of them being a super tweed for some of the clean stuff, he also run the kemper and the axe with 2 amp sims running at the same time, as in a duel amp setup, but im now to sure what songs these are.

Source for this? Not that I don't believe you because the Diezel sims in the Axe II are amazing. I actually remember a small muse thread on the fractal boards somewhat recently, but it was more to do with fx.

I'd be willing to bet as mentioned that he uses the kemper's for almost all his amp sounds and the axe for some of his fx.

Source for this? Not that I don't believe you because the Diezel sims in the Axe II are amazing. I actually remember a small muse thread on the fractal boards somewhat recently, but it was more to do with fx.

I'd be willing to bet as mentioned that he uses the kemper's for almost all his amp sounds and the axe for some of his fx.

I just know this to be the case. He does use the axe fx 2 for most of his effect but the main crunch tone is 100% the axe fx 2, used also on the album.

when i was back stage with jason from what i saw. the kemper replaced all amps and are his main source of amp sim, i think he does use the dizzy on the axe 2 for a crunch tone but i didnt see anything to confirm this. when the liquid-foot was lit up it looked like the axe FX 2 was mainly used for fx along side his pedal tray, and other switches where for controlling different settings within the liquid its self. i prefer the new rig but miss the old diezel. i was looking forward to seeing that :(

when i was back stage with jason from what i saw. the kemper replaced all amps and are his main source of amp sim, i think he does use the dizzy on the axe 2 for a crunch tone but i didnt see anything to confirm this. when the liquid-foot was lit up it looked like the axe FX 2 was mainly used for fx along side his pedal tray, and other switches where for controlling different settings within the liquid its self. i prefer the new rig but miss the old diezel. i was looking forward to seeing that :(

The new amp sims on the kempers and axe fx are fantastic and i can see more and more bands switching to these, they make sence and they are so easy to back up, if one goes tits up, hook it up press a button and its back to how it was. Check out the Fractal website there are alot of bands using these now.

I've been using the AxeFX Ultra for a few years, but I haven't tried the Kemper yet. A few of my friends are using them and by reputation, they have the AxeFX beat on amp sims, but the FX processing in the Axe II (or even the old units) are pretty hard to beat.

I use my AxeFX Ultra for FX only when playing live. A great amp and a couple of pedals makes more sense to me in a band situation, fewer variables to go wrong and the tones are similar enough so that rest of the band doesn't have to adjust their sounds around for mine each song. I do record with the AxeFX and it's hard to come up with something more flexible or useful when demoing stuff out.

JT

Archived