2011 Billboard Music Awards

muse samuse

Muse are nominated and named as finalists in two categories: Top Rock Artist & Top Alternative Artist. Mumford & Sons are their main competition.

Click the link below for details about all of the nominees in the 46 categories. The winners have already been determined and will be announced on Sunday May 22. There is no voting by the fans.

http://www.billboard.com/#/features/full-2011-billboard-music-awards-finalists-1005127722.story?page=3

If they lose, I reckon they'll lose to KoL.

What are the criteria for determining the winner? Judging panel? Record sales, chart positions etc?

The two main criteria are record sales (albums and singles) and radio airplay in the USA. Touring, streaming, and social media popularity are also in the mix but I think winners are determined mostly by sales and airplay since these two components are presumably given greater weight. Because of the unusual eligibility period for the 2011 awards (March 2010 thru February 2011) Muse is at a disadvantage because most of their album sales took place during the six months after The Resistance was released (September 2009 thru February 2010). All of the bands named as finalists in the two rock artist categories had huge radio hits but sales during the eligibility period make Mumford & Sons the favourite to win one or more awards.

In their December 2010 year end issue Billboard magazine awarded Muse Alternative Songs and Rock Songs Artists of the Year and named "Uprising" Alternative Song of the Year.

The two main criteria are record sales (albums and singles) and radio airplay in the USA. Touring' date=' streaming, and social media popularity are also in the mix but I think winners are determined mostly by sales and airplay since these two components are presumably given greater weight. Because of the unusual eligibility period for the 2011 awards (March 2010 thru February 2011) Muse is at a disadvantage because most of their album sales took place during the six months after [i']The Resistance[/i] was released (September 2009 thru February 2010). All of the bands named as finalists in the two rock artist categories had huge radio hits but sales during the eligibility period make Mumford & Sons the favourite to win one or more awards.

In their December 2010 year end issue Billboard magazine awarded Muse Alternative Songs and Rock Songs Artists of the Year and named "Uprising" Alternative Song of the Year.

Interesting. Thank you.

Archived