Interview with Chris (Argentina)

brainwashed

Source

This English band will be the support act for the three shows U2 will be giving in La Plata.

Matthew Bellamy (singer, guitar, keyboards) Dominic Howard (drums and percussion) and Christopher Wolstenholme (bass, keyboards and backing vocals) are very happy to be back in our country.

The members of Muse enjoy touring, they love visiting cities and mainly, their fans. We talked with Christopher, who gave us details of what they are living right now.

How are you feeling in Buenos Aires?

It's great to be in this country. We played here three years ago and we had a great time.

We love touring South America and now we have the possibility and luck to do it with U2.

What does it mean to you to be the opening act for one of the most important bands in the world?

We have a lot of respect for them. Any band that's been playing for over three decades together and continues being successful is great. They are very kind and loved by others. We played in America and it was great. This time they are giving us the chance to come back to Argentina, which is brilliant. It's a pleasure to play with them.

Are you friends with them?

Yes, last year in Australia we had some problems to go back to Europe. Airports were closed because of the snow. I live in Dublin, just like the guys from U2, and I wanted to be back home before the holidays so I could be with my family. Bono and The Edge knew about this and they sent their private plane for us. It was a great gesture, we could spend Christmas with family. (laughs)

What can we expect from the show?

Since we are supporters, we won't have much time. A 45 minutes set where we'll try to include the songs that our fans want the most. It's a great chance to be heard by non Muse fans. It's going to be great, at least that's what I hope for.

How can you define Muse's style?

It's complicated, we are a rock band that includes different styles. In each album we've been influenced by new and different things. To be honest, we feel very proud and happy with our songs and we enjoy them a lot.

The interview is over, the Muse members have to meet and finish some details for their shows. Next time they'll have the chance to feel the Argentinian crowd a little closer.

Hope it's clear... ;) I found a few more articles (I'll translate them and post it here) but every single thing you find right now it's about U2. :rolleyes:

What can we expect from the show?

Since we are supporters, we won't have much time. A 45 minutes set where we'll try to include the songs that our fans want the most. It's a great chance to be heard by non Muse fans. It's going to be great, at least that's what I hope for.

Oh well, hoping for any rarities would outright stupid anyway :p

Yes, last year in Australia we had some problems to go back to Europe. Airports were closed because of the snow. I live in Dublin, just like the guys from U2, and I wanted to be back home before the holidays so I could be with my family. Bono and The Edge knew about this and they sent their private plane for us. It was a great gesture, we could spend Christmas with family. (laughs)

Awww! :happy::happy:

In case there's any doubt, the snow was most definitely NOT on our end. :LOL:

Archived