Need an incredibly basic mixer

BOD

I assume you're talking line level here. I don't think you'll find one with inputs on phono connectors, it'll normally be jacks or stereo jacks. So, you're searching for a "stereo line mixer". Are you sure you're only going to mix 2 sources?

this looks like it does a couple

This does lots

or don't you just need a "DJ mixer"?

or make your own!

It's just to split a DVD audio feed to two sets of speakers (two SETS) and level them, that's literally it.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tmixmix_502.htm

there's that one there which is cheaper than the one above, but I was thinking of something that's like, £15, just uber basic.

i COULD make my own, if I knew how to do it, and if I had the time and compulsion. :LOL:

if it's quarter inch jacks that's fine to be honest 'cause I have phono-quarter inch adapters anyway.

To split the output to two sets of speakers, each set of speaker must have it's own amp. They might be active speakers in which case the amp is in built? In either case, the individual sets will have their volume control. Save yourself some money and just split the output from the DVD player to the two sets of speakers, then use their respective volume controls for levelling.

tis a good point. IF they are active speakers, then im sure you can just get a splitter Y cable with two pairs of phono plugs on the one end? If they aren't active and powered, then you will indeed need an amp for them, in which case, most amps generally have at least two sets of outputs.

Do the speakers have their own power supplies?

Archived