Just saw this on wikipedia and almost laughed:

In the Guinness Book of World Records 2010, Bellamy is credited as holding the world record for most guitars smashed on a tour. His record, 140, was set during the Absolution Tour.

who's surprised?

Just saw this on wikipedia and almost laughed:

In the Guinness Book of World Records 2010, Bellamy is credited as holding the world record for most guitars smashed on a tour. His record, 140, was set during the Absolution Tour.

who's surprised?

You didn't know? He bought a guitar for every show in 2004ish to smash. :rolleyes: That Bellamy, wish I had seen him in his smashing days!

Has anyone received a parking pass yet? Does it say in the fine print what time we are allowed to drive in?

Ours came fairly quick. And it says on the ticket,

"Lots open 1.5 hrs prior to event"

The only thing is, does that mean before the doors open or after they've open?

pinbaby found out they want you out of the parking lot as soon as the concert ends :(

Thank you pinbaby coz you possibly saved me from the car being towed! :facepalm:

EDIT: At the very latest you can leave your car there until the staff leave the parking lot

Ours came fairly quick. And it says on the ticket,

"Lots open 1.5 hrs prior to event"

The only thing is, does that mean before the doors open or after they've open?

pinbaby found out they want you out of the parking lot as soon as the concert ends :(

Thank you pinbaby coz you possibly saved me from the car being towed! :facepalm:

EDIT: At the very latest you can leave your car there until the staff leave the parking lot

Thanks for the info. The 1.5 hours will be before the door. Doesn't help out much though. :(

Technically, you can park after 5 at a UVA dormitory parking lot across the street (no charge!) although it says no event parking. And you can remain parked there after the event (til 7 AM, I think). I lived there last year :) .

Hi all.

I am looking at going to this gig in October. Does anybody here have any advice on tix for this arena? I have never been there.

I went online and was offered two options: Section 110 (lower) or Section 313 (upper).

Any suggestions?

Oh, I'm a relatively new Muse fan (last 6 months or so...yeah, I know...where had they been all my life????), so this will be my first chance to see them. And I'm so excited about it!

Hi all.

I am looking at going to this gig in October. Does anybody here have any advice on tix for this arena? I have never been there.

I went online and was offered two options: Section 110 (lower) or Section 313 (upper).

Any suggestions?

Oh, I'm a relatively new Muse fan (last 6 months or so...yeah, I know...where had they been all my life????), so this will be my first chance to see them. And I'm so excited about it!

seating chart: http://www.johnpauljonesarena.com/seating_charts/MUSE-Seating-Chart.jpg

I would say closer (lower) is better than farther.

Anybody else freaking out about the parking afterwords? Also, I convinced my mom that people of all ages try to meet the band after gigs, please tell me this is true :facepalm:

(coz she said,"You know how stupid I'm gonna look? I'm gonna be the only old person there!")

(sorry about the overload of posts) :$

I'm freaking out about the parking BEFORE the show!!!

Touche'......

Crap! Now I'm worried as well!

I'm tempted to drive down and see the dang place myself before hand!

Wait, you got a parking pass didn't you?

Yes, it arrived today. I got all excited because I was wondering if the nondescript envelope was tickets. :facepalm:

The trouble is our hotel will probably be 1-2 miles away and we plan to line up really early, probably about 9. I like to have supplies, especially because my mom will be with me and I don't want her to be uncomfortable. I'm really worried about where to park the car while we wait in line all day.

Yes, it arrived today. I got all excited because I was wondering if the nondescript envelope was tickets. :facepalm:

The trouble is our hotel will probably be 1-2 miles away and we plan to line up really early, probably about 9. I like to have supplies, especially because my mom will be with me and I don't want her to be uncomfortable. I'm really worried about where to park the car while we wait in line all day.

Where'll your hotel be? you can probably walk the distance to JPJ, leaving your car parked at the hotel, yeah? or very worst, you can call a cab to drop you off.

edit: we also have a bus system that may be able to help, depending on where you are

Anybody else freaking out about the parking afterwords? Also, I convinced my mom that people of all ages try to meet the band after gigs, please tell me this is true :facepalm:

(coz she said,"You know how stupid I'm gonna look? I'm gonna be the only old person there!")

(sorry about the overload of posts) :$

True/muse fans are teh awesomest.

Omg, I know, right?! All the old riffs... just... they've got this magic to them, cause playing them I think was kind of out of their comfort zone, y'know? Like, very unrehearsed. Pwoper riffage! :awesome:

haha, same! But I doubt they'll be staying... they'll have to drive all the way to Louisiana and for setup :( But I mean, there's still a chance, and I'm defo going for it!

Btw... I know I met you by the buses at Mariner's post conference! I was the girl who ran up to bellamyzetagirl with my setlist and asked her to mail it to me if she got sigs... haha I remember shaking your hand and you going, "I'm Glorious Resistance!" :LOL: Can you remind what you look like or something? rofl I sound so creeper :facepalm:

Yeah yeah! I know! :awesome:

Yeah I'm definitively waiting this time too. It would make my life to meet them!

Yeah I remember you doing that :D Hmm... my hair was straight, i had braces, wearing skinny jeans, umm... i think i was wearing a coat at that point so you couldnt see the muse shirt...

I did the same thing ;)

That's tricky...... This place has got me all worried....... (I'm easily paranoid)

But it looks like you got some good ideas from others that know the area :)

I'm incredibly worried about where to park after. And then, were the crap should we look for the tour buses (or w/e I look for) (:facepalm:)

Has anyone ever stayed at the Cavalier Inn before? Is it disgusting and scary? I wanted a nicer hotel, but with the parking situation I am leaning towards the close hotel so we can easily walk to the arena.

Edit: It's too late to save me; I already booked it. :facepalm:

Has anyone ever stayed at the Cavalier Inn before? Is it disgusting and scary? I wanted a nicer hotel, but with the parking situation I am leaning towards the close hotel so we can easily walk to the arena.

Edit: It's too late to save me; I already booked it. :facepalm:

I read quite a few reviews for it and people said it was good..... But I don't know for a fact.

At least your parking situation will be good <=)

Archived