Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

Meh, I was just kidding. :ninja:

I thought we were gonna end up waiting until 2 a.m. for the band to show up because they always take hours to come out. Too bad we can't drink beer in the parking lot. I'm sure we'd get kicked out for that. I hope it's not too freezing.

Oh wow! Did you pass out from not eating/drinking enough? I'm fretting over what time to start fluid restrictions.

I'm going to line up around 9. What time are you getting there?

I think it was just exhaustion. The paramedics said it was low blood sugar, but I had food and water and powerade before the show. We had to run a little more than a mile to the entrance of the venue from where they were keeping us. Then I had to run to the pit. All the while it's around 85 with 90% humidity. :/

Shooting for 9. I've SOMEHOW convinced my mother to leave here at like 2:30 in the morning, and that's what will get us there by that time. I'm really really really really hoping to be around some of you guys. Honestly, if I was going to be there the day before I'd be camping out....I love to do that.

I am thinking about having some sort of afterparty.

A very indiscreet afterparty in which we trash the hotel room I begrudgingly paid for.

Sounds cool. If my mom will let me. :LOL:

I've certainly drank beer in plenty of parking lots. You sure we can't?

No, I'm really not sure of anything!

I think it was just exhaustion. The paramedics said it was low blood sugar, but I had food and water and powerade before the show. We had to run a little more than a mile to the entrance of the venue from where they were keeping us. Then I had to run to the pit. All the while it's around 85 with 90% humidity. :/

If even a young sprout like you passes out, how the hell am I gonna make it? :erm: I do wonder about standing for 5 hours. I guess once the music starts I won't notice my feet.

If even a young sprout like you passes out, how the hell am I gonna make it? :erm: I do wonder about standing for 5 hours. I guess once the music starts I won't notice my feet.

lol, you are going to be just fine! Unless you have leg or feet issues. I've been to a lot of concerts where I've stood in line for 2 to 3 hours before we were let in and then was standing ( & jumping up and down!) for the whole show. I've only seen people get sick or faint when it's really hot outside.

If you plan on being on the bar, at least you can lean on it before Muse come out. :) People that are not on the bar will sit on the Gwinett floor before most of the people start to pour in. Security will ask people to stand up and move forward when it's starts to get full.

The whole drinking issue, some of the arena concerts I've been to, they sometimes have areas of the parking lot designated as the tailgating area before a show. I remember there was a section of people drinking before we saw Muse at the Patriot Center. If you guys are talking about after show drinking, I have no idea.

To those of you who are not going to be on the bar. When you get inside, look around you and get to know the people around you. You can sort of get an idea of how they are going to act during the show. I flat out ask if they plan on moshing or pushing. I also look to see who appears to be drunk. lol

I've taken my Mom to several GA shows (I had a little crush on David Cook and she accompanied me to 6 or 7 shows:$). We would usually queue for a couple of hours, then wait through one or 2 supporting acts, then stand around the buses and wait for the bands to come out :D. That would usually be around 7 hours or so of standing and she did fine...and she's older than you! You will be just fine with the standing!

As far as parking lot drinking, I usually see tons of tailgaiting before shows. I think we were all joking about drinking after the show while waiting around. I was actually joking though, I don't plan to drink...unless some coffee turns up, then I would be game for downing that!

I don't see why you would want to get roaring drunk before a gig, especially if you are doing GA. Being drunk does NOTHING to improve listening to music..unlike other things

Not drunk that doesn't make sense to me either, but you know , for me a beer before would help my nerves and make me less nervous around all the new people.

I am probably just sore because last show I went to my friend got trashed and I ended up having to nurse his sorry ass so he didn't get heatstroke

Well there you go, no getting trashed pre-show..... after the show all bets are off though :LOL:

After the show I certainly expect to be trashed (after ive' waited it out and met the band hopefully)

I think what we should do is meet by the buses or wherever the designated area is going to be to wait for the band (it will be easy enough to figure out) and link up from there to continue towards various mayhem.

Or maybe we'll just go on the bus and end up shroomed out in a shower with dom and chris (ah the old days)

Archived