Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

Let's talk about the post concert plan. Are you planning on walking around the arena looking for them and then going to one of the Taverns? What about the one post that mentioned the possibility of a remote radio station. He mentioned The Arena Tavern as a more likely possibility for that. That is the only reason I mentioned The Arena Tavern. Does anyone have any ideas about this? I am up for meeting wherever the group decides my priority would be to see Muse and meet people from the thread.

I believe that this is the post that mentioned the Arena Tavern as it pertains to the radio station. It seems that the Arena Tavern was not specifically mentioned as a location for the radio thing, but rather ONE of the nearby taverns. But the poster mentioned that the Arena Tavern is where he/she and pals will be going.

This is my first post but I've been reading around. I live in Duluth, literally like two minutes from the venue so I thought I should add some information for the gig. First off, The Arena at Gwinnett, if you never been, is top-of-the-line mid-sized venue (someone said it was 10 years old, but its not even 7 so it's still in great shape and definitely does have that new smell to it)... the concert should be really good and from the many concerts, events, and hockey games I have been to, people have said the sightlines/sound is extremely good and I would agree. I would beware of cameras at this venue, even simple cameras. Even if the band is OK with it, for some reason this arena are absolute Nazi's about it. I saw one band last year and the ushers were constantly going up and down the aisles telling people even with just simple camera phones to stop. It is possible to slip a camera in and film if you are discrete but they can be real strict about it. They typically have a HUGE "NO CAMERAS" sign at the front gate; let's hope this isn't the case with Muse.

While the camera nonsense might be the worst part of the venue, the best part might be the fact there is free parking at the venue and is a relatively nice place to hang out pre-gig. The weather is supposed to be in the 60s next weekend (like this weekend has been in Atlanta - excellent!) so there will be some tailgating (watch the booze).

I have read about Muse taking over Project 9-6-1 immediately following the show. While it's possible they will travel to Atlanta to take over the "studio" in prior instances of bands playing at Gwinnett, they simply have a rig at the arena or next door at one of the tavern's right next to the arena and Chris, the station's lead guy, interviews them, and let's them play their setlist for a good hour or so. They have done this with many bands and I have never remembered any of the bands actually traveling to the station. Of course, it could change for any band, but I doubt they will be traveling all the way to Atlanta when they are saying Muse will come on the station right after 11pm aka right after the show. It would take at least 40 mins to get to Atlanta and into the station and such. Bank on Muse staying at the arena for the post-concert show, which is actually pretty entertaining based on past bands experiences with it.

There are PLENTY of good restaurants and bars within a 2 mile radius of the arena including Marlow's Tavern and the Arena Tavern, which will be hopping right after the gig (My crew will be there). Pre-gig dinners can be found at and in the perimeter of Discover Mills... Chili's, Johnny Carino's, etc. Plenty of fast food. It's also less than a mile from 85 N and S so if you want to make the trip to Atlanta after the gig its a quick 20 mile jaunt on 85 S from the arena.

Also, someone mentioned having to be 21+ to get a hotel? Since when? Where were you looking? Most local hotels here in Gwinnett and most of Georgia (outside of downtown Atlanta) are 18+.

Also, the way Project and 99x have been building this concert up the past few weeks, this could be something real special. They are making a big to do about the dress rehearsal on Friday... this gig should be real special. There's only a few limited view tickets remaining and those will sell within the next day so this place is going to be packed and that will be awesome. I'm real glad Atlanta and my home county of Gwinnett will bring a great first headlining arena crowd for Muse! The show will rock!

I forgot to ask. I am in reserved seats. How are you guys planning on being in touch with one another once you drive to Duluth?

In the first post, some of us have our Twitter links listed. I'm still fuzzy on how some of the Twitter stuff is supposed to work, particularly how to "follow" all of those as a "list." Personally, I think once inside, it will be impossible to stick together. I think we need a plan in place for after (where/when to meet, etc....)

@Chapel: Perhaps if I cohesive plan emerges, the details could be added in the first post.

OMG! Not tomorrow, not the next day, but the next day!!!!! :dance:

the Gwinnett Center and very easy for the band to slip out of the back and into a golf cart or something and there within a minute. However, that place closed down a few months ago so my guess is they will have a Project tent/rig (depending on weather) at the Arena or they will go to Arena Tavern. Either way, I don't see them doing the show from the station in Atlanta so they will be somewhere around the venue.

This was the response that prompted The Arena Tavern idea. Sorry for my pathetic attempt to quote only a portion of a response.:$

If anyone in the band reads this know that Atlanta has voted and would love it if you PLAY BLISS!!!Muse will be headlining at The Arena at Gwinnett Center on Saturday February 27th, 2010 at 7:30pm. Silversun Pickups will be opening.

--For those who will be riding the Sexy Plane here is an incomplete list of people you can follow on twitter. To those attending the concert who would like to participate in the Sexy Plane you can PM me your name and I'll add it below.

You can also follow us on this list http://twitter.com/#list/zaireeka20/sexy-plane

Twitter names in bold:

zaireeka20 AKA (chapel)

MUSEikCHICK AKA (hollmill42)

aznaryl AKA (aznaryl)

paemchem1 AKA (paemchen)

violetjohnson39 AKA (furygirl) AKA (musemom)

sf0 AKA (stiofan)

liliananyappy AKA (kidabc)

amberofcourse AKA (amber)

skye425 AKA (sky425)

museisbliss10 AKA (museisbliss)

church0117 AKA (church)

Using twitter will also be helpful after the show for those of us hoping to "run into" the guys afterwards. If any of us find them then we can tweet their location and all run there (arms flailing) and get those awesome facebook pics we so long for!

--If you are in need of a ticket or are selling a ticket PM me and I'll post it here:

1 GA Ticket wanted-- Contact DreamOutLoud

Ticket for sale! -- Section 105 Seat F15 Face value --- Contact Natalia

Two Seated Tickets Wanted-- Contact WhittWhitt

For original postings click here:

It hasn't been officially confirmed, and by that I mean Muse hasn't said anything yet, but I'm pretty positive that Muse will be in Atlanta on February 27th, 2010!!!

According to 96.1 (radio station based in Atlanta) this is the date as confirmed in emails to furygirl and to me.

Updates:

Now posted on 96.1's upcoming shows!

BIG NEWS: 96.1 will have a announcement tonight (December 4) concerning the concert at 5pm eastern time. Anyone in the Atlanta area please tune in and report here!! :D

Even Bigger News

Ticket Sale information:

Tickets go on sale Saturday December 12th at 10 am and there will be a presale via 99x.com on Thursday December 11th at 10am-10pm. http://99x.com/Contests/WinticketstoMuse/tabid/816/Default.aspx

Tickets cost $48.50+service charges for the entire venue.

Check 96.1 and 99x for more details and back here for updated information.

You can read more about the US Tour on the "Resistance Tour in the US?" thread.

Chapel- Will you please add my twitter to the list so that I can stalk with you?

It's hcat78 (HCat78)

Thank you!!!

the Gwinnett Center and very easy for the band to slip out of the back and into a golf cart or something and there within a minute. However, that place closed down a few months ago so my guess is they will have a Project tent/rig (depending on weather) at the Arena or they will go to Arena Tavern. Either way, I don't see them doing the show from the station in Atlanta so they will be somewhere around the venue.

This was the response that prompted The Arena Tavern idea. Sorry for my pathetic attempt to quote only a portion of a response.:$

Oh, okay. Hmmmm.... I just wonder why that place is supposed to be "the one," esp. if the food/service is shitty? :LOL: Maybe instead of having an exact destination planned, we can just plan on trying to form a group outside the venue and wing it from there. Obviously if the band seems like they are going to a particular place, well then, we follow them! :) I just wish I knew if they were gonna make a quick dash, or wait for the crowd to thin out. I mean, I've GOT to get my coat first! :LOL::$

I love Muse so much that I listened to BHaR today and I didn't even skip Invincible! :LOL: Yeah, I know, lots of people love it, but whatever.

I'm so excited :awesome::dance:

Now what does one wear to these events?

You mean you haven't had your attire planned for months? :stunned:

Sorry the lab coat didn't work out, but you'd get overheated in it, anyway.

I'm wearing my Muse forum shirt, jeans (w/ belt to attach camera case to) and sneakers. I wanted to wear my trendy black slip-on hiking shoes, but they're not as warm. Over that I'm wearing a down coat, gloves and a hat, despite the fact that I'll end up with hat head. :'( It's a crying shame.

Please tell me you ACTUALLY have your tickets now. :stunned:

anything but a muse t-shirt

Pffft! Screw rules.

Days away ladies and gents. Making the drive from Jville this Friday, staying with family, doing the GA aquarium then seeing the boys at night. Cant wait!

Oh, I hope you enjoy the aquarium! I've been loads of times and love it. :happy:

You mean you haven't had your attire planned for months? :stunned:

Sorry the lab coat didn't work out, but you'd get overheated in it, anyway.

I'm wearing my Muse forum shirt, jeans (w/ belt to attach camera case to) and sneakers. I wanted to wear my trendy black slip-on hiking shoes, but they're not as warm. Over that I'm wearing a down coat, gloves and a hat, despite the fact that I'll end up with hat head. :'( It's a crying shame.

Please tell me you ACTUALLY have your tickets now. :stunned:

I had it planned, but it didn't work out. Apparently lab coats are childish :indiff:

I'd still kill for one.

Okay so..... I still have no idea wha tto wear :chuckle:

Yes that is taken care of :happy:

What do you need a lab coat for? I have access to the blue disposable ones...

Im just rocking my dark jeans, black shirt (maybe the Muse one I got from the U2 show) and black boots.

I was going to dress up like Bellamy did at Glasto in '04. Just thought it be cool. I'm looking fir a proper white one.

I'm so excited :awesome::dance:

Now what does one wear to these events?

Cool jeans and a t - if you want to make an impression since your lab coat didn't work out you may want to paint the muse logo on your chest and pick your moment to show the world:LOL: I had my nails and toes done what I call Bellamy Blue (circa Bizarre) my nail tech was wearing a white lab coat!! I was checking it out he thinks I have a crush on him now.:LOL:

Cool jeans and a t - if you want to make an impression since your lab coat didn't work out you may want to paint the muse logo on your chest and pick your moment to show the world:LOL: I had my nails and toes done what I call Bellamy Blue (circa Bizarre) my nail tech was wearing a white lab coat!! I was checking it out he thinks I have a crush on him now.:LOL:

I'm still going to try to find a replacement if at all possible. Anyone who manages to aquire one for me will be compensated and a little more. (yes I'm serious about this. call me crazy)

Bellamy Blue, every Matt fangirl's favourite colour. :chuckle:

:LOL:

so question: me not being too familiar with big concerts like this one, what time should I get there if I have a seat instead of GA? if I had GA, I'd be there first thing in the morning, but with seats I don't think that is necessary ... help?

I think the doors open at 6:30. There's really no reason to get there any earlier, esp. since Muse won't even come on until around 9 probably. The main thing you should worry about is traffic, but that probably won't be much of an issue on a Saturday. I don't know how bad the traffic will be just getting near where the arena is. For the U2 shows venue traffic was horrible pretty much across the board, and lots of people missed Muse's set because of it. But those were mostly stadiums that hold around 80,000 people, and the Gwinnett Arena only holds around 12,000.

Live traffic report: http://www.wsbtv.com/traffic/index.html

Hey guys, I posted this on another thread but just in case.

My name is Jaime Rodriguez and I am a TV Journalist for NBC South Florida.

I will be in Atlanta on Saturday night covering the gig. Should be a fun night and I have learned some things about Muse fan culture from your posts.

If you want to follow my live updates from the gig feel free to follow me on Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/jaimearodriguez

See you all Saturday

the lab coat is a good idea, I will settle for making an impression with my stunning good looks for now.

Where are we all getting dinner friday night? 80 of us should terrorize a crappy applebees or something

Could you aquire me one? :shifty: You would be compensated.

Archived