Er Shannaz, joking rite? You must not include me, the "C5-for-goddamn-BM" person. U apa kurangnya, stupid konon, :D

well i didnt excel in both of my languages, lol! the only thing i did well was my Maths and Add Maths! :LOL: im just crap with karangan, cant even write my own letter of resignation :LOL::p:musesign:

well i didnt excel in both of my languages, lol! the only thing i did well was my Maths and Add Maths! :LOL: im just crap with karangan, cant even write my own letter of resignation :LOL::p:musesign:

:D, in comparison, I cannot calculate anything to save my life. Simple discount prices pun dah confuse. :$ Donno la, maybe it's the right/left brain thingy. ;)

But Forensic Science, I love. Damn cool to be dealing with CSI people in my job.

P.S- Have you guys read this? http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=869&page=75

I laughed. Out loud.

i sucked at maths as well! i need to use calculators most of the time. but luckily i got good grade for my maths in spm thnks to my awesome F5 math's teacher.

am not that good in arabic actually. the thing wif language is, if u dont use it anymore u kinda lose all the vocab that u used to noe. that's wat happened to me. i cant speak much arabic now. just few basic simple sentences..which is really a shame. :( rite after spm, my principal advised me to further my study in jordan based on my spm result.. but i was too 'rock and roll' to follow his advice. :LOL: imagine if i did listen to him.. i mite not noe who muse is!:eek:

and deb, english lit is really interesting. yes, there's more poems, drama and plays as well as novels but not just by English writers, some malaysian as well..and miele is rite. english lit is quite a common subject during our days, esp in boarding school. but i was from an islamic school, so there were only like 6 of us who took it and we had to study outside school hours so.. it was more difficult for us but we were these lit chicks who always represent our school in debates and other english competitions. ahh.. those days la..

and about racial integration issue.. it is quite true that kids nowadays dont mix wif other races that much. but in the football stadiums or concerts we really noe how to be malaysians!

have u guys heard this?

http://www1.rsr.ch/couleur3/sons/paleo07/musepaleo.mp3

dom looked terribly cute in this pic. i love it when his hair is short.

muse2.jpg

hey hey hello hello!

kak faz, i didnt know you were one of THOSE kinda girls. we have them at my school too.. yeah i envy your 'breed'. you're all so fluent in two languages i find it gisgraceful for me since i cant even speak my own mother tongue :( there's this malay girl who speaks english fluently, and she participates in the debate team and all. anyway yeah i had to go up on stage with her to present something, and it was all impromptu. but the way she was presenting right, it was SOOO intimidating man. she sounded so relaxed and she was talking so fast and clearly i just stood where with my mouth hanging. it was like as if she had been rehearsing for that presentation all her life. really great. yeah. i envy her. boohoo :(

i love mathematics btw! did i not mention that? lol i think i did. haha. very fun la :D

i have my bm karangan test tomorrow. freakin scared. my bm vocab is seriously hopeless. i'm gonna show you exactly how hopeless it is by speaking in formal bm now :p you guys are gonna laugh.

oh tuhanku, saya telah meng-apply for a biasiswa di sekolah untuk kolej taylor's tetapi saya tidak tahu proses ini sangat susah! saya telah menulis CV, surat recommendation dan sebuah 300 patah perkataan karangan tentang cita-cita saya, tetapi guru kaunselor saya kata saya perlu membuat semuanya sekali lagi kerana cara saya buat adalah terlalu ringkas. -____- oh tuhanku, man. seriously. secara serius. lolol.

ok its not like i'm gonna be writing that for an essay anytime soon, but really, i even forgot the word apply and recommendation. i bet if one of you told me what it was, i'd be like "OH YEA HORRR" lol. :LOL: and btw, i did apply for the taylor's scholarship but my counselling teacher asked me to re-write everything. i think i'm gonna have a headache. le sigh :(

oh welcome to the board hannara! i love spongebob :D

Deb, baguslah awak dah cuba memohon ke kolej tu, tapi mungkin awak perlu lebih memuji diri sendiri dalam karangan awak tu. Dalam ertikata lain, cuba nyatakan secara jujur dan terbuka sifat-sifat wibawa pada diri awak sepertimana sesuai dengan kursus yang dipohon. Tunjukkan kesungguhan awak untuk belajar di sana, dan segalanya akan terlaksana. Selama saya mengenali awak, rasanya awak seorang pelajar yang baik, jadi awak tidak perlu risau! Kalau mahu ide dari kami, minta saja.

:D:D:D

Hannara, welcome aboard, jump in anytime.

Oh and lit chicks ruleszzzzz!

Deb, baguslah awak dah cuba memohon ke kolej tu, tapi mungkin awak perlu lebih memuji diri sendiri dalam karangan awak tu. Dalam ertikata lain, cuba nyatakan secara jujur dan terbuka sifat-sifat wibawa pada diri awak sepertimana sesuai dengan kursus yang dipohon. Tunjukkan kesungguhan awak untuk belajar di sana, dan segalanya akan terlaksana. Selama saya mengenali awak, rasanya awak seorang pelajar yang baik, jadi awak tidak perlu risau! Kalau mahu ide dari kami, minta saja.

:D:D:D

Hannara, welcome aboard, jump in anytime.

Oh and lit chicks ruleszzzzz!

aww thanks :D i pretty much just mentioned that i'm good at math, i love doing math and er... my parents cant afford for me to study at a private institution. aaand that i heard that taylor's is one of the best private institutions out there so i would love it if i got the chance to study at such a prestigious place blablablablalba. lol :D

i dunno about lit chics... but i like chic lit :D

ok that was lame. lol :$

apa kata kalau kita semua menggunakan BM di 'board' (papan?) ini supaya dapat membantu debbie dalam memperkayakan kosa kata BM dia? heh. :D saya amat bersetuju dengan miele debbie, memang bagus awak telah memohon biasiswa untuk ke kolej taylor. usaha lagi untuk lebih berjaya..

i really like ur direct translation of OMG to oh tuhanku btw!

chic lit is not literature! :rolleyes:

yes, it's the 27th again! i knew i forgot something when writing today's date on the whiteboard this morning!:musesign:

oh and hey hannara! *waves* i'd kill to get at least a B3 for my Bm in SPM. that would've helped my aggregate.

hey guys..

ooh arabic huh..

i am 'baleed' in arabic. :happy:

i sucked at maths as well! i need to use calculators most of the time. but luckily i got good grade for my maths in spm thnks to my awesome F5 math's teacher.

am not that good in arabic actually. the thing wif language is, if u dont use it anymore u kinda lose all the vocab that u used to noe. that's wat happened to me. i cant speak much arabic now. just few basic simple sentences..which is really a shame. :( rite after spm, my principal advised me to further my study in jordan based on my spm result.. but i was too 'rock and roll' to follow his advice. :LOL: imagine if i did listen to him.. i mite not noe who muse is!:eek:

and deb, english lit is really interesting. yes, there's more poems, drama and plays as well as novels but not just by English writers, some malaysian as well..and miele is rite. english lit is quite a common subject during our days, esp in boarding school. but i was from an islamic school, so there were only like 6 of us who took it and we had to study outside school hours so.. it was more difficult for us but we were these lit chicks who always represent our school in debates and other english competitions. ahh.. those days la..

and about racial integration issue.. it is quite true that kids nowadays dont mix wif other races that much. but in the football stadiums or concerts we really noe how to be malaysians!

have u guys heard this?

http://www1.rsr.ch/couleur3/sons/paleo07/musepaleo.mp3

dom looked terribly cute in this pic. i love it when his hair is short.

ooh arabic huh..

he cut his hair..yay!

Have you guys noticed how reasonably intelligent people seem to appreciate Muse a lot more than the average person? As muselive puts it, it really IS rock for clever people. :p

I feel so smart. :LOL:

:p

hey guys! this maybe my 1st..or 2nd post in muse.mu! haha...hey, i'm a malaysian, so i would want to have something to say here...i got a 3B for my BM in SPM:$

hey welcome :D

hey guys..

ooh arabic huh..

he cut his hair..yay!

:p

Arabic lesson please, what does "baleed" mean?

Hannara, :LOL: I love how it's as if you have to state your BM result to join us here,

like some membership requirement or something, heheh.

On other news, if this is legit I really want to go. You guys?

Muse live in Bangkok, Thailand

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Bangkok Rock Festival will make an overdue return in February 2008, according to event's promoter, David McLean.

The Bangkok 100 Rock Festival featured Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, Placebo, Snow Patrol and Maximo Park in February 2006 and was the most ambitious international concert ever planned in the capital.

For Bangkok Rock Festival 2008, McLean will reportedly select 8 acts, and is in talks with The Killers, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Artic Monkeys and Muse. "

link: http://www.bangkokrecorder.com/news/...eturn-977.html

I just found that they were supposed to play this year too.

"The Bangkok Rock Festival 2007 has been cancelled. Bands and artist that should have been playing were among others Muse, The Prodigy, Snow Patrol, Damien Rice and Arctic Monkeys.

Riverman Asia Company yesterday announced the cancellation of the rock festival, saying that it would be hard to find sponsors for this big event with the virtual ban on alcohol advertising."

http://www.personalthailand.com/word...een-cancelled/

I was searching for info on a7x live in bkk this aug and somehow came across the website.

I cant believe it! I know that it's still a big big maybe, but im still rily happy anyways. It's gna be on feb 2008, which is quite weird cos i would expect them to be takin a break and/or workin on their new album which makes me think that they're not gna come...But i still rily hope that it's gna happen. Would luv to see other bands as well

Hannara, :LOL: I love how it's as if you have to state your BM result to join us here,

i be there so!

oh, i don't have bm spm, by the way :$.. but i can speak great bahasa baku. hahah, i think. :happy:

yes, it's the 27th again! i knew i forgot something when writing today's date on the whiteboard this morning!:musesign:

QUOTE]

i like how u seem to like the 27th date better than the 25th. *plans to kidnap chris for a lunch date come 2008*

omg! i wanna go to that Bangkok 100 Rock Festival thingie!!

plus its on February next year, so my SPM will be over with, and my SPM results wont be out yet! and if i dont get chosen for NS and my intake starts at March or something, I'D BE ABLE TO GO!!!!!

at least, i think i would. but i'd definately wanna go.

i can imagine a road trip now :cool::D

omg! i wanna go to that Bangkok 100 Rock Festival thingie!!

plus its on February next year, so my SPM will be over with, and my SPM results wont be out yet! and if i dont get chosen for NS and my intake starts at March or something, I'D BE ABLE TO GO!!!!!

at least, i think i would. but i'd definately wanna go.

i can imagine a road trip now :cool::D

*gets excited and starts planning trip*

yeah, me too! I've been to Bangkok only once before, and totally loved the fact that an Air Asia tix from Penang is only 39.99 one way (total 160 plus tax) and budget rooms are only about RM20 per day. Heaven for a cheapskate girl! Who else wants to come along?

We only have the tiny matter of confirming the rumour of Muse at the Festival, though. :LOL::LOL::D

:eek: whoah...* gets very excited*

yeah.. we shouldnt get too excited (but i cant bloody help it!) better wait for confirmation first. but the idea of seeing the killers, muse and artic monkeys performing is just tooo overwhelming for me.. hopefully, it'll come true. i wanna go too!

:eek: whoah...* gets very excited*

yeah.. we shouldnt get too excited (but i cant bloody help it!) better wait for confirmation first. but the idea of seeing the killers, muse and artic monkeys performing is just tooo overwhelming for me.. hopefully, it'll come true. i wanna go too!

*starts jumping around and spills coffee on shirt*

Aargh, february's so far away! Oh tuhan berikanlah ku kesabaran...

But if it's true, so cool, a year after KL concert main kat Bangkok pulak. Damn, it is overwhelming, how to tahan? And how to confirm the news? Keep checking this site ka?

Okay will be quiet now. :D

oh dont be quiet! think its better to talk about it. it may not be confirmed but there's nothing wrong in hoping. :happy:

geez, been thinking.. if the thing is confirmed, how can we get the tix eh? if they have those bands palying at the festival, sure the tix will sell out like goreng pisang panas.. ayoo.. sedapnyer goreng pisang. heh. damn hungry la posa2 nih..

oh dont be quiet! think its better to talk about it. it may not be confirmed but there's nothing wrong in hoping. :happy:

geez, been thinking.. if the thing is confirmed, how can we get the tix eh? if they have those bands palying at the festival, sure the tix will sell out like goreng pisang panas.. ayoo.. sedapnyer goreng pisang. heh. damn hungry la posa2 nih..

Ya I guess talking about it may keep us from going insane due to the waiting :(

Bout the tix, surely can google some organiser website and buy online? I did try asking the Thai muser who came up with the news originally to keep us posted, so maybe can keep track of tix as well. And a friend of mine works at the Thai parliament, can try pester her to get tix as well. :D

Clearly I've given this waaayy too much thought :LOL::LOL::$

Let's move on: what's your wishlist on the setlist? (that rhymed yo).

Feeling jiwang right now, so mine's: Unintended and Endlessly. :p

How can we miss this, it was in the Star!:

Saturday, May 12

Bangkok will rock, OK!

THAI TAKES

By PHILIP GOLINGAI

Bangkok is set to party again come February next year, hopefully without the armour.

TANKS rolled on the streets and rocked the Bangkok Rock Festival 2007.

That was one unreported casualty of Thailand’s bloodless coup that saw the fall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s Government on Sept 19, 2006.

As tanks rolled on the streets of Bangkok, concert promoter David McLean’s first thought was on the sponsors lined up for the rock festival scheduled in five months’ time.

“I knew as soon as the military coup happened that the head sponsor who is based in London or Hong Kong will switch on CNN and have second thoughts about writing a cheque to fund my event,” relates McLean, who is a Brit married to a Thai and lives in Bangkok.

His first act, however, was to go down to the store in his condominium to buy 10 bottles of water to make sure that he had plenty of water to drink.

A few weeks after the putsch, McLean cancelled the rock festival when the military-installed government announced it would ban alcohol advertising.

“One of our main sponsors was a big alcohol company and the announcement meant that it was not allowed to sponsor our event,” explains the co-founder of Riverman Music Group, the organiser of the Bangkok Rock Festival 2007.

Subsequently, the interim government reconsidered its plan to impose an alcohol advertising ban. But it was too late for McLean to reconsider his cancellation.

However, the rock festival will make a comeback in February 2008.

“We did it once,” said McLean, whose company booked the artists for the Bangkok 100 Rock Festival, a two-day festival which was the most ambitious international concert ever planned in Bangkok, attracting 42,000 local and international fans in February 2006.

“It was good, and we want to do it again,” he said, adding that the inaugural event featured Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, Placebo, Snow Patrol and Maximo Park, among others.

Although post-coup uncertainty still hovers in Bangkok, McLean will soldier on with his rock festival.

“Ok, there could be security issues ... there could be political issues ... there could be all sorts of issues. But it is like that in any country. I had just been to Brazil (to promote a concert) and it is not exactly an easy place to live in. And, there are even bombs in London,” says the manager of alternative rock band Placebo.

His ambition for the Bangkok Rock Festival is to build it into the biggest rock event in Asia. “I don’t say that lightly, as there’s Fuji Rock, which is a huge event,” he says, referring to the annual rock festival held in Naeba, Japan.

Bangkok rocks. It’s a fantastic city for a rock festival, according to the 51-year-old Scot, whose one dream that he has not really realised – apart from playing for Scotland in the World Cup Finals and scoring a hatrick – is organising a rock festival.

“I couldn’t believe that there hadn’t been a rock festival in Bangkok,” he adds.

“The people, the atmosphere, the vibes here are so much more superior to that in other cities I’ve been to,” declares the Scot who has promoted some of the most well respected names in music, such as Nirvana, Green Day, Foo Fighter, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against The Machine and Pearl Jam.

The other attraction of Bangkok is its location. The city can draw people from China, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and Europe. “There’s a real desire for people to come here,” he notes.

For Bangkok Rock Festival 2008, McLean is talking to about 60 international artistes. These will later be pruned to eight. Among the bands he is talking a bit more seriously to are Killers, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Artic Monkeys and Muse.

Come February 2008, Bangkok will rock and, hopefully, no tanks will roll.

(Published in The Star on May 12, 2007)

Ya I guess talking about it may keep us from going insane due to the waiting :(

Bout the tix, surely can google some organiser website and buy online? I did try asking the Thai muser who came up with the news originally to keep us posted, so maybe can keep track of tix as well. And a friend of mine works at the Thai parliament, can try pester her to get tix as well. :D

Clearly I've given this waaayy too much thought :LOL::LOL::$

Let's move on: what's your wishlist on the setlist? (that rhymed yo).

Feeling jiwang right now, so mine's: Unintended and Endlessly. :p

ahh.. miele, have i told u how great u r? *clears throat* perhaps u can be such a dear and help me to get the tix? ;):D if muse is confirmed playing there that is.. but even if there's no muse.. i'd kill to go there. never been to any huge international rock festival before..

seriously, u've thought a lot about the festival eh? :LOL:

“The people, the atmosphere, the vibes here are so much more superior to that in other cities I’ve been to,” declares the Scot who has promoted some of the most well respected names in music, such as Nirvana, Green Day, Foo Fighter, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against The Machine and Pearl Jam.

The other attraction of Bangkok is its location. The city can draw people from China, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and Europe. “There’s a real desire for people to come here,” he notes.

For Bangkok Rock Festival 2008, McLean is talking to about 60 international artistes. These will later be pruned to eight. Among the bands he is talking a bit more seriously to are Killers, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Artic Monkeys and Muse.

Come February 2008, Bangkok will rock and, hopefully, no tanks will roll.

(Published in The Star on May 12, 2007)

How can we miss this, it was in the Star!:

8 international acts? i hope they'll chuck MCR and Evanescence.. Artic Monkeys, the killers, RATM, Pearl Jam and MUSE headlining .. woot! thanks for injecting some hope in my veins there miele! :D:happy:

hey hey, im the thai muser that posted the news :D just wanted to stop by and see u malaysians' reactions. feels good to knw that im not the only one goin nuts here hehe. i was literally writing muse in bkk everywhere on my notes the other day.

perfect setlist would be:

opener: koc

closer: stockholm syndrome

these in any order: motp, cave, showbiz, tiro, smbh, assassin extended (u malaysians r so damn lucky to get to see this one!!), space dementia, b&h, micro cuts, hysteria, darkshines, plug in baby, bliss, citizen erased, muscle museum.

if they do come, i rily hope that we'll get to see them backstage.

Arabic lesson please, what does "baleed" mean?

Baleed is stupid...rite auntie Mary?

YA. Saya ingin pergi disebabkan oleh kebanyakan kumpulan yang muzik bagus-bagus akan berada di sana.

Good?

hey ann_chun, hope they'll be coming to thailand! they've just confirmed their OZ tour. OMG i so bloody jealous.. i dunno whether to cry or to swear. those lucky ozs got to c 'em again.. multiple dates some more! perhaps i should plan a trip to oz.. but i've got to work during the SPM exams.

honestly muse_music, am not sure wat baleed means :$ sorry. as i mentioned i cant speak much arabic now.. only know a few simple sentences. kaifa haluki? ana baleed fil lughatul arabiah too.. heh. or is it baleedi fil lughatul arabiah?? gah.. :$:$

hey hey, im the thai muser that posted the news just wanted to stop by and see u malaysians' reactions. feels good to knw that im not the only one goin nuts here hehe. i was literally writing muse in bkk everywhere on my notes the other day.

if they do come, i rily hope that we'll get to see them backstage.

Hey you guys, it's the bearer of gud news @ ann_chun! :D Come in and make yourself at home ya.

Backstage :eek:? Woah perhaps too much too dream for. I would just collapse from the shock...I adore your dream setlist btw.

ahh.. miele, have i told u how great u r? *clears throat* perhaps u can be such a dear and help me to get the tix? if muse is confirmed playing there that is.. but even if there's no muse.. i'd kill to go there. never been to any huge international rock festival before..

seriously, u've thought a lot about the festival eh?

:LOL: wrong person girl, we should make nice with ann_chun instead, she's the one in Bangkok. But if I can, no problem. Erm, when can we get it confirmed again? :$:$

I am so dying for this for this to be confirmed....even posted a message at the Bangkok Reporter website, in the hope that the organisers will read it. Wait mary, where did you read rumour ada RATM? :eek::eek: Muse and RATM? I wish!

*Dies*