Welcome to all the new members!! :D

Gah, I have about one and a half week's worth of twitter updates to catch up on. It's taking forever! Last week was possibly one of the worst week I ever faced (includes doing screwing up a certain test, losing a wallet with a lot of cash, and then finding my wallet again minus the cash, as well as a missing free Subway coupon) etc. Badd week.

Putting all that behind though:

Tee, that pic of Tim (along with Mr Gourcuff) :awesome: :awesome:

Faz, I don't think you should e-mail Hitz about Uprising. They do not deserve that kick ass song featured in their playlist within the likes of Jonas Bros etc. E-mail BFM (89.9) instead! ;)

Third Eye Blind is probably playing Semi-Charmed Life in Jakarta right now. Sigh! My friend's giving me invites to MTV Worldstage so that I won't be too upset over missing Mew and 3eb... I guess I'll be seeing you at Sunway, Debbie! :) Kasabiannn!

I'm hoping that it would take less than two weeks (max) for the CD to reach our shores! I suggest we should start pestering people working at RockCorner/Victoria Music Station and ask them to speed up the process. Try leaving your numbers with these people, arrange for them to call you immediately once they have it in their stores ;)

Welcome to all the new members!!

Gah, I have about one and a half week's worth of twitter updates to catch up on. It's taking forever! Last week was possibly one of the worst week I ever faced (includes doing screwing up a certain test, losing a wallet with a lot of cash, and then finding my wallet again minus the cash, as well as a missing free Subway coupon) etc. Badd week.

Putting all that behind though:

Tee, that pic of Tim (along with Mr Gourcuff) :awesome: :awesome:

Faz, I don't think you should e-mail Hitz about Uprising. They do not deserve that kick ass song featured in their playlist within the likes of Jonas Bros etc. E-mail BFM (89.9) instead! ;)

Third Eye Blind is probably playing Semi-Charmed Life in Jakarta right now. Sigh! My friend's giving me invites to MTV Worldstage so that I won't be too upset over missing Mew and 3eb... I guess I'll be seeing you at Sunway, Debbie! :) Kasabiannn!

I'm hoping that it would take less than two weeks (max) for the CD to reach our shores! I suggest we should start pestering people working at RockCorner/Victoria Music Station and ask them to speed up the process. Try leaving your numbers with these people, arrange for them to call you immediately once they have it in their stores ;)

Ohhh man if its one thing I hate, its catching up on a couple of days worth of twitter updates, i would've given up if it were a week :LOL: yikes sorry to hear about you losing your wallet! :eek: but at least you got it back with your IC and drivers license and stuff right? :) Same thing happened to me too a few years ago, i bawled my eyes out :(

Yayyy you're going! :D anyone else going? huh? huh? lol. I'm more excited about All American Rejects actually hahaaaaa.... :awesome::$ I love them la. They're my biggest guilty pleasure :chuckle: their new album isnt that good though. I love their old REALLY emo crap :p

Ooh good idea, I think I should ask the Rock Corner guy whether he knows when Muse's album is arriving here. Its coming out in a month (or so) guys!! I excites :D

sorry to hear abt ur wallet liz. i lost mine b4 with 30 inside n i was devastated.

envy u guys, going to watch kasabian live!

n have u guys heard? if u pre-order the resistance with warner, u get to download muse content every week. but only available for the US.

n the first treat IS STOCKHOLM SYNDROME LIVE IN KL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from warner via muselive

"Starting on August 10th, 2009 if you pre-order the new album "The Resistance" you will 'Join The Resistance' and automatically receive bonus downloadable content each week leading up to the album's release on September 14th. Week 1's bonus content is an exclusive 8 minute video download of Stockholm Syndrome (Live From Kuala Lumpur)! We remind you that you are not permitted to share, upload or otherwise distribute these videos or use the videos for any non-personal or commercial purposes."

:eek: :eek: :eek::eek: :eek:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Ohhh man if its one thing I hate, its catching up on a couple of days worth of twitter updates, i would've given up if it were a week :LOL: yikes sorry to hear about you losing your wallet! :eek: but at least you got it back with your IC and drivers license and stuff right? :) Same thing happened to me too a few years ago, i bawled my eyes out

Yayyy you're going! :D anyone else going? huh? huh? lol. I'm more excited about All American Rejects actually hahaaaaa...I love them la. They're my biggest guilty pleasure :chuckle: their new album isnt that good though. I love their old REALLY emo crap

It's always crucial to catch up on twitter updates... That's the only way of receiving early news on release dates of a certain single/album/gig :nerd: Actually I think I'm only using it as a reason to procrastinate.. One more thing to do in order to waste time online, ya?

Yeahhh, I'm truly grateful that I managed to get my wallet back in the end... at least I don't have to spend more money renewing my IC/ID cards etc. If there's one thing I learned though, it's always important to leave your hp number in your wallet. My college ID happen to include my contact number and that was how the nice lady that found my wallet managed to get in touch with me!

Confession time, I think inside this fragile heart of mine, I really do want to listen to Tyson Ritter crooning out to Swing Swing. That song brings back a lot of crazy memories... including one where my friends and I got a lil drunk in school (trust me, it wasn't the influence of alcohol...) and we started singing the BM version of Swing Swing.. We call it.. Goyang Goyang. :LOL::facepalm: If only I could get more tickets though, I think it would be a lot more fun if a whole group attend together! How did you get the tix btw? You mentioned you bought the tix? How...? Oh and I hope they close the set with The Last Song (cellos and everything included?)!! My friend from Aus (he saw them about 5 times already...I think he has a man-crush on Tyson :LOL:) told me that they'll (usually) close the set with that... Hopefully that won't change in Malaysia! I wonder if Joelyn's going?!

sorry to hear abt ur wallet liz. i lost mine b4 with 30 inside n i was devastated.

envy u guys, going to watch kasabian live!

Are you gonna watch BLOC PARTY!? Did your boss offer last minute tickets for Keane? ;)

from warner via muselive

"Starting on August 10th, 2009 if you pre-order the new album "The Resistance" you will 'Join The Resistance' and automatically receive bonus downloadable content each week leading up to the album's release on September 14th. Week 1's bonus content is an exclusive 8 minute video download of Stockholm Syndrome (Live From Kuala Lumpur)! We remind you that you are not permitted to share, upload or otherwise distribute these videos or use the videos for any non-personal or commercial purposes."

OH MY GOD it's not just the audio, but A VIDEO!!!! Featuring us!! :D:happy: Wait, is Stockholm Syndrome the vid with the shot of our very own KLIA-baju-kurung-wielding Malaysian Muser up close and totally rocking out to Muse?! ;) I think I remember vaguely *counts* 29 months ago (has it really been close to thirty months?!) we made a little plan to hijack the Warner Music Malaysia office to steal those recorded live footage lol.

They should really make this pre-order worldwide la, in the good spirit of USOE!! :(

from warner via muselive

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! KL! awesome! :awesome: it means that we are significant in some way! hahaaha!

I want to see la. Stockholm Syndrome... that was with all the Bliss balloons too! We get to see them pop! whee :happy: If only they could do that here. they should la. We're getting featured man! :awesome:

It's always crucial to catch up on twitter updates... That's the only way of receiving early news on release dates of a certain single/album/gig :nerd: Actually I think I'm only using it as a reason to procrastinate.. One more thing to do in order to waste time online, ya?

Yeahhh, I'm truly grateful that I managed to get my wallet back in the end... at least I don't have to spend more money renewing my IC/ID cards etc. If there's one thing I learned though, it's always important to leave your hp number in your wallet. My college ID happen to include my contact number and that was how the nice lady that found my wallet managed to get in touch with me!

Confession time, I think inside this fragile heart of mine, I really do want to listen to Tyson Ritter crooning out to Swing Swing. That song brings back a lot of crazy memories... including one where my friends and I got a lil drunk in school (trust me, it wasn't the influence of alcohol...) and we started singing the BM version of Swing Swing.. We call it.. Goyang Goyang. :LOL: If only I could get more tickets though, I think it would be a lot more fun if a whole group attend together! How did you get the tix btw? You mentioned you bought the tix? How...? Oh and I hope they close the set with The Last Song (cellos and everything included?)!! My friend from Aus (he saw them about 5 times already...I think he has a man-crush on Tyson :LOL:) told me that they'll (usually) close the set with that... Hopefully that won't change in Malaysia! I wonder if Joelyn's going?!

OH MY GOD it's not just the audio, but A VIDEO!!!! Featuring us!! :D:happy: Wait, is Stockholm Syndrome the vid with the shot of our very own KLIA-baju-kurung-wielding Malaysian Muser up close and totally rocking out to Muse?! ;) I think I remember vaguely *counts* 29 months ago (has it really been close to thirty months?!) we made a little plan to hijack the Warner Music Malaysia office to steal those recorded live footage lol.

They should really make this pre-order worldwide la, in the good spirit of USOE!! :(

Haha yeah, but I dont really post that many twits up. Never know what to say haha. And yeah I left the big card thingy my SIM card came in, so my phone number is on that, and the nice lady called me the next morning telling me she found my wallet :D luckily eh! haha.

Oh man I'm hoping they play The Last Song too! I love that song la. Did you watch the video? Tyson looks miiiiiiiighty hot back in the old days!! :stongue: now he just looks a bit stoned :( I'm hoping they play Move Along too, I did a cover for that song for my school once :chuckle: suuuuuuuper nervous man that day hahaha!

Yeah about my tickets, my friend and I were DESPERATE, and we didnt win any competition so we just bought an XPAX number and reloaded RM50. You can redeem 2 passes just like that :) but only while stocks last la. and now I hear that they ran out of tickets to redeem via XPAX. How did you get yours?

-------------------------------------------------

On another note,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V1H-u-MvM0

This is why I'm a Kris Allen supporter.

OMG! I desperately need to persuade my father to pre-order this for me!!!!

We are pleased to announce an exclusive pre-order here on muse.mu for the release of the band's new album 'The Resistance'.

The album will be available on September 14th in four different formats.

1. Digital Download MP3 256: £7.99 / €9.99

2. Standard CD in softpak derived from sustainable forestry: £9.99 / €15.50

3. Limited Edition CD+DVD in foldout softpak derived from sustainable forestry: £13.99 / €18.99

This version comes with The Making Of The Resistance DVD (43 minutes 53 seconds).

4. Limited Edition deluxe CD/DVD/Vinyl/USB/12" Art Print box set: £59.99 / €69.99 (with free postage from muse.mu worldwide).

This version comes with the above CD+DVD featuring The Making Of The Resistance DVD (43 minutes 53 seconds) in addition to 180g double heavyweight vinyl, a Muse USB stick pre-loaded with Apple Lossless, WAV and MP3 320 files plus bespoke audio player, a 12" fine art print and (exclusive to muse.mu) the album in 5.1 surround sound (full bitrate DTS & Dolby). This version with the 5.1 surround sound is strictly limited to 5000 copies worldwide.

If you pre-order any of these formats through muse.mu you will 'Join The Resistance' and automatically receive extra free downloadable content each week leading up to the album's release on September 14th. Week 1's bonus content is an awesome 8 minute video download of Stockholm Syndrome (Live From Kuala Lumpur) recorded back in February 2007!

Content will be available to people who pre-order via email and, for muse.mu members, through a new 'Join The Resistance' section in the Members area.

Click on the links below to pre-order in your region. Please note, local websites have been set up to reduce postage costs for customers. If you purchase through a local microsite, but still want to receive your content in the Members area of muse.mu, make sure you have registered to be a member of muse.mu before you buy and have the email address you registered with to hand as you'll be asked to enter it when you purchase.

And have you guys seen the artwork for Uprising?

uprising7small.jpg

94a90f5e-3664-4318-b12b-f2856cf960de.jpg

Adorable but kind of eerie huh..Typical Muse. :D

Oh. My. God.

Mayday Mayday Faz get on here quick, you're famous! Apparently there's a thread discussing the, ahem. 'burqa' wearing girls in the KL video! I'm so proud of you young woman :p

*gets credit card out for the pre-order*

Edited by miele

What the hell? there's a thread about it? oh nooooo. :( those other girls used to be here. i wonder if they still like Muse. gah... so embarassing. :$:noey::facepalm: which thread is this btw?

i hope they'll release Assassin in KL [minus the focus on any tudung-wearing girls, of course!] coz i thought we had one of the best Assassin ever.

the Uprising artwork is so cute! <3

for me, Adam Lambert's version of Starlight sounds good. it's nice to hear a different take on the song.

ah.. you guys are going to World Stage and to see Kasabian! oh the envy... but be careful guys. wear face masks! lol..

Edited by crazy_mary

Am still not over Matt's incredible gutar wielding shenanigans in the SS clip, I kepp playing it over and over.:LOL:

Faz, you do know that you're featured more than once in that clip right?. So feeling la your face, that's a dedicated Muser yeah? :D

Tu belum diarang tunjuk your face during Assassin lagi. Betul lah, that song was was teh sex / awsumz etc. :musesign: Come back to KL sooooon boys.

I forgot to link la Faz, but I think you were discussed in the Deluxe Box set / exclusive downloads thread. :LOL:

Deb, you werent at the front of the stage meh? anyone else in the vid beside the Famous Faz? ;) Can you see you?

:eek: I cant believe I've actually pre-ordered the box set!!! Cepatlah Sept 14th!!!!

OH. MY. GOD. :eek::ninja::noey::facepalm::$ i don't know who that is, Deb. that's not me! :facepalm:

miele, please don't laugh at me la :( i dunno why, but i feel like nak belasah those cameraman! :mad:

woah, miele you bought the box set? fuh mahal tuh.. i don't think i wanna charge anything on my credit card again, i just cleared all my bills two weeks ago! but.. but.. nak box set jugak! :( hmm.. should i pre-order or not.

hello, nawkaz! :D i want more KL pro shot vids too. the balloons were so beautiful. :supersad: and the lightings.. i didn't notice the beautiful lighting! i can Shannaz's sister singing passionately too!

Miele! omg you actually pre-ordered the box set? How much is that in RM??? oh man I wish I had money. and a credit card to pre-order with, lol. :chuckle: Does this mean you get excess to their weekly releases?? :eek: :eek:

and yup! I saw another friend of mine in the video. At 2:03, that pretty chinese girl haha. She got featured a few times in the video too! suuuuuper lucky. Me? I was like at the 3rd row from the front at first, but when KoC, Hysteria and SMBH happened, I couldnt take the moshing la :( so my friends and I retreated to the back. At least you guys can hold on to dear life on the railings la, I was being pushed around literally in ALL DIRECTIONS by a sea of violent, sweaty, slippery people :'(

Ala kak faz, dont have to be so shy! :D you should be proud la! I wish I was in that video :( you can show your grand kids how much of a hardcore gigger you were like that haha :p

I didnt notice matt did all that funky guitar stuff until i saw that video. Seriously, i LOVE that video. I wish i could download it!!

Yeah about my tickets, my friend and I were DESPERATE, and we didnt win any competition so we just bought an XPAX number and reloaded RM50. You can redeem 2 passes just like that. but only while stocks last la. and now I hear that they ran out of tickets to redeem via XPAX. How did you get yours?

Ooh lucky you guys didn't procrastinate to get those passes! I told my friend about the MTV Worldstage road crew coming by his college so I made him attend the event. He managed to get a pair of invites and decided to take me along :happy:

Do you have any idea how's the artist line up schedule's gonna be though? What time does AAR play? Can I come a lil later? Heh...

And have you guys seen the artwork for Uprising?

uprising7small.jpg

94a90f5e-3664-4318-b12b-f2856cf960de.jpg

Adorable but kind of eerie huh..Typical Muse.

Awwweesome. Is there a bigger shot for this? I'm adding that to the song artwork :]

Deb, you werent at the front of the stage meh? anyone else in the vid beside the Famous Faz? ;) Can you see you?

:eek: I cant believe I've actually pre-ordered the box set!!! Cepatlah Sept 14th!!!!

I think if I play the vid in slow mo, bound to catch a shot of me and my friends lol but I don't think I wanna bother looking lah, we're all part of the crowd! :D Thanks for linking the vid Deb :]

It feels good to pre-order righhht? The anticipation of waiting for it to arrive in your post can be a very nerve wrecking experience. Report back to us once it arrives in your mail, take pics before and after opening the package! lol. £60 is almost as pricey as one of my ACCA exam papers... I don't think I could afford that at the moment, as much as I would ♥ to own my very own Muse USB! (and other goodies)

OH. MY. GOD. i don't know who that is, Deb. that's not me! :facepalm:

miele, please don't laugh at me la :( i dunno why, but i feel like nak belasah those cameraman! :mad:

Aww, don't belasah them...! I think it's just a wave of anxiety gushing over...it'll all drain out eventually but you should be prouuuudd! Just like that time you were featured in Engine Block ;) I wonder if Matt/Dom/Chris watched the vid before releasing it... I'm sure they did right? I think they definitely remember you from the airport. Hehe.

liz & deb, enjoy world stage! i cudn't get passes. yup, that xpax thingy finsihed already :(

thanks to shanaz though for trying to get the passes! thanks dear!

Aida! You could try catching Kasabian this Friday (tmrw!!) at Club Koko, Barsonic, Zouk KL. 10pm. Since Club Koko originated from UK, I believe Kasabian's the special guests for the event happening tmrw. I heard that they're not performing due to MTV commitments, but you never know what could happen! I say you should goooo. It's only RM20 for the entrance (for ladies, guys will have to fork out an additional RM10). More info here. Hope you can make it! I might see you there ;)

How's everyone doing btw? I've recently fallen more in love with Explosions in the Sky... I blame it on Friday Night Lights!

Edited by guilt-stricken

Ooh lucky you guys didn't procrastinate to get those passes! I told my friend about the MTV Worldstage road crew coming by his college so I made him attend the event. He managed to get a pair of invites and decided to take me along :happy:

Do you have any idea how's the artist line up schedule's gonna be though? What time does AAR play? Can I come a lil later? Heh...

Awwweesome. Is there a bigger shot for this? I'm adding that to the song artwork :]

Not really, but there's this which you can crop :)

3373f1a3-9667-47e1-ae40-8a1ea4335a24.jpg

debbie...

for sure u can download it..

go to http://www.keepvid.com

Ooh thanks for that nawkaz! :D I'm not 100% sure how to use it, but i'm hoping VLC can play the .flv file... whatever that is. first time i've heard of an .flv file, really haha.

wow faz!!! so proud of u lah

wow miele...you pre-ordered the new album!

liz & deb, enjoy world stage! i cudn't get passes :( yup, that xpax thingy finsihed already.

thanks to shanaz though for trying to get the passes! thanks dear!

Yay thanks Aida! :D you could still try and win tickets i guess! hitz.fm and fly.fm are still giving out tickets in their respective morning shows... or so i've read on their twitter :chuckle:

Ooh lucky you guys didn't procrastinate to get those passes! I told my friend about the MTV Worldstage road crew coming by his college so I made him attend the event. He managed to get a pair of invites and decided to take me along

I think if I play the vid in slow mo, bound to catch a shot of me and my friends lol but I don't think I wanna bother looking lah, we're all part of the crowd! :D Thanks for linking the vid Deb :]

Aww, don't belasah them...! I think it's just a wave of anxiety gushing over...it'll all drain out eventually but you should be prouuuudd! Just like that time you were featured in Engine Block ;) I wonder if Matt/Dom/Chris watched the vid before releasing it... I'm sure they did right? I think they definitely remember you from the airport. Hehe.

Aida! You could try catching Kasabian this Friday (tmrw!!) at Club Koko, Barsonic, Zouk KL. 10pm. Since Club Koko originated from UK, I believe Kasabian's the special guests for the event happening tmrw. I heard that they're not performing due to MTV commitments, but you never know what could happen! I say you should goooo. It's only RM20 for the entrance (for ladies, guys will have to fork out an additional RM10). More info here. Hope you can make it! I might see you there ;)

How's everyone doing btw? I've recently fallen more in love with Explosions in the Sky... I blame it on Friday Night Lights!

Aww thats awesome! A few of my collegemates went back to college juuust for their campus road show thingy, i didnt go when they came to my college though. I'm not too sure why :erm:. did they make your friend do anything silly? and as for the lineup, i have absolutely no idea. in fact, i dont even know when its supposed to start! Do you have any idea?

No prob :happy:

aargh I hate to be bearer of bad news but.. I just saw this on JunkOnline's twitter.

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/46662

This is some pretty shitty news :(

I am sooo going to wear those face masks things during MTV World Stage aha. I went to see the doctor today because I'm having a fever, and she highly recommended that I stay home until I'm fully recovered even after I've told her about the concert this weekend :( and then she also says i could wear that mask to protect myself and other people, haha. yayy. Here's to hoping i'll get better by this Saturday! ><

Not really, but there's this which you can crop :)

3373f1a3-9667-47e1-ae40-8a1ea4335a24.jpg

Whoa where did you get this from! :eek:

Whoa where did you get this from! :eek:

It's there on the official website's main page :)

Damn, I really need to pre-order TR but how the hell am I supposed to do that, I don't have any money, no credit card, nothing. It's hard enough trying to convince my parents to use their credit cards, I might have a case though, my birthday's on Sept.13 and TR is out on Sept.14, so it would be like the coolest birthday present ever!!! Unfortunately that seemingly won't happen. :rolleyes: I've just failed my Physics paper really badly (got like 17% LOL) which isn't going to help my cause too much :LOL:

But no, I won't just settle for buying from the music stores (doubt they would even have it on 14/9). I'm gonna get the CD/DVD no matter what, but first MUST figure out how to stop failing exams. :$

Anyway, watched the SS in KL vid, damn makes me so envious of you guys who were there. Looked pretty brutal also in the mosh, with the RELA (?) security ppl guarding in front. Well I guess that's how it normally is at concerts, coz I've never actually been to a real one yet. But I will soon, when Muse comes to Malaysia again, really hope they do. Won;t wanna miss out this time.

Are you gonna watch BLOC PARTY!? Did your boss offer last minute tickets for Keane?

Yeah i want to go for Bloc Party but I hope the tickets are affordable!

No i paid for Keane myself this time. And boy what a bloody brilliant show it was! Tom Chaplin was awesome live! His singing was perfect. 20 songs and 1 & 1/2 hrs of soppy, melodramatic tunes!! LOVED IT.

DSC03111.jpg

DSC03060.jpg

DSC03061.jpg

DSC03086.jpg

DSC03075.jpg

DSC03099.jpg

DSC03100.jpg

DSC03063.jpg

DSC03114.jpg

SETLIST:

The Lovers Are Losing

Everybody's Changing

Bend And Break

We Might As Well Be Strangers

Again And Again

This Is The Last Time

Spiralling

Your Eyes Are Open

Try Again

You Haven't Told Me Anything

Leaving So Soon?

Nothing In My Way

You Don't See Me

Perfect Symmetry

Somewhere Only We Know (MY ABSOLUTE FAVE TRACK OF THE NIGHT)

Crystal Ball

Encore

Atlantic

Is It Any Wonder?

Bedshaped

2nd Encore

Under Pressure!!!

OH and i pre-ordered The Resistance Super Deluxe!! OMG new thumbdrive!!!!! lol.

Thanks Nut for the Keane update!!!

That's a really long set there!! Meh, I think I should have went la :stunned:

On Travis, yup, I know about the Saturday-only pass. But Travis haven't confirmed Singapore's gig date on their official site, so I guess I'll wait until they confirm it, soon, hopefully

When is Bloc Party? It's a few days before Singapore F1 right? How to manage Bloc Party + Travis back to back??

OK, I'd like to update as well - for Kasabian!!

I believe Deb/Liz could update on AAR

Actually, I should really thank Faz & her fren (not on this board). I got my pass thru her :happy:

Also, gotta thank all the AAR fans becos most of them left right after AAR's performance. So I got into the mosh pit for Kasabian!!

Anyway, I thought the sound system was too loud, so it drowned down many of the electronica elements on Kasabian's set. But apart from that, I have no other complaints

tomlagi.jpg

whatsup.jpg

serge.jpg

tomclose.jpg

tomtonggek.jpg

serge2.jpg

coolbackdrop.jpg

coolbackdrop2.jpg

bassndrum.jpg

Trivia:

tom meighan with new short crop & clean shaven image, a total contrast to the long hair/scruffy image on their new album cover. think he's become bulkier

i also think that the guitarist, sergio pizzorno's become bulkier

on one of the pictures, i accidentally caught tom, err stretching?

SETLIST:

Vlad The Impaler

Underdog

Empire

Where Did All the Love Go?

Shoot the Runner

Fire (My fave)

Club Foot

LSF (Lost Souls Forever) with long na-na-na chorus ;)

Short set, only 8 songs. About 40 mins