Wow, so much serious talk about scholarships and whatnot. :LOL:

I just finished my exams, I think I did ok. :) My entire sleeping pattern has been shifted to the daytime now, I'm always fully awake at night nowadays. :LOL:

Does anyone like Pink Floyd? I just finished watching "The Making of The Dark Side of the Moon" on Youtube. It's a superb prog rock album (I have it on both casette and CD :D), I think it was definately a huge influence on Muse's "spacey", grandiose sound.

"Time" is my favourite song. The guitar solo is just immense. :eek:

Thanks for the link bidadari. :)

:( I really don't get why some people are now complaining about the gig, though. They bloody got to watch Muse @ Wembley in all it's awesomeness!

That's it. Summer next year I'm going to bloody Europe for huge summer concerts featuring Muse. Who's with me?

Ooh and it's Euro '08 too. Yum.

ooh ya lor.. what the hell is that? is that a malaysian building? embassy?

lol. i dunno la what. maybe it is the malaysian embassy..glad there's something to represent us..

Does anyone like Pink Floyd? I just finished watching "The Making of The Dark Side of the Moon" on Youtube. It's a superb prog rock album (I have it on both casette and CD :D), I think it was definately a huge influence on Muse's "spacey", grandiose sound.

"Time" is my favourite song. The guitar solo is just immense. :eek:

*raises hand* i love pink floyd! but i only haf one cd of theirs and it's a gift from my students on teacher's day.. lol. but i used to haf mix tapes and songs of pink floyd in my old computer.. now everything's gone.. bollocks! :(

Thanks for the link bidadari. :)

:( I really don't get why some people are now complaining about the gig, though. They bloody got to watch Muse @ Wembley in all it's awesomeness!

That's it. Summer next year I'm going to bloody Europe for huge summer concerts featuring Muse. Who's with me?

Ooh and it's Euro '08 too. Yum.

ok i haf to admit i havent gone to the wembley thread and am not fully aware of the wembley gigs. but some people r complaining? aper la diorang nih.. tak bersyukur langsung. heh. :rolleyes:

are u serious miele? coz i'm dead serious to follow u if u're planning to go to Europe next year. lol. sure ke nih... i'll start buying 10 piggy banks now.. ish, no. i meant kitty banks. and it IS Euro 08 next year. bloody 'ell seriously haf to save up from now.:happy:

Sorry just had to double post. Luuurveee when Matt's voice goes really high near the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt9Vur0FWiI

Erm, how's everyone doing? Good?

i only managed to watch like 7 seconds of that vid. so slow are now..

m doing good. u? heh. just a bit frustrated now that i've lost all the songs i've downloaded in my old pc. meh... haf to download everything all over again! :(

*raises hand* i love pink floyd! but i only haf one cd of theirs and it's a gift from my students on teacher's day.. lol. but i used to haf mix tapes and songs of pink floyd in my old computer.. now everything's gone.. bollocks! :(

Aww that sucks.

I just bought their DVD "Pulse" Live at Earls Court 1994. Apparently their concerts are quite on the psychedelic side, so it'll be fun to watch. :D

I also have DSotM, Animals and the Wall movie on DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSLqbl2Xshs <--- Mind-blowing graphics. :D

Originally Posted by de7ilznite

Does anyone like Pink Floyd? I just finished watching "The Making of The Dark Side of the Moon" on Youtube. It's a superb prog rock album (I have it on both casette and CD ), I think it was definately a huge influence on Muse's "spacey", grandiose sound.

"Time" is my favourite song. The guitar solo is just immense.

Well thanks to u, will check out 'Time'. My best friend is a huge Pink Floyd fan, and he sort of 'infected' me when he commented that a few Muse songs (forgot which, New Born?) remind him of Pink Floyd. Before that I've only heard of "The Wall" movie.

So it's not a cliche, Muse does broaden my musical horizons. Together with my bff and de7, of course. ;)

*raises hand* i love pink floyd! but i only haf one cd of theirs and it's a gift from my students on teacher's day.. lol. but i used to haf mix tapes and songs of pink floyd in my old computer.. now everything's gone.. bollocks!

Alamak, poor you. You can find it again but it's just not the same, kan? I still keep all my old tapes for sheer sentimental value. In Utero, Superunknown, Pinkerton, OoS, Beatles Anthology......sigh. Anyone this sentimental / old skool?

m doing good. u? heh. just a bit frustrated now that i've lost all the songs i've downloaded in my old pc. meh... haf to download everything all over again!

Hang in there k. Sabar2.

Um....are there any decent quality Wembley vids on Youtube??

Er, kena tapis jugakla. But if the camera shot is from the middle of the pit, for some reason the acoustics are better but the view horrid, and vice-versa. Citizen Erased was immense. And Microcuts!

ok i haf to admit i havent gone to the wembley thread and am not fully aware of the wembley gigs. but some people r complaining? aper la diorang nih.. tak bersyukur langsung. heh.

are u serious miele? coz i'm dead serious to follow u if u're planning to go to Europe next year. lol. sure ke nih... i'll start buying 10 piggy banks now.. ish, no. i meant kitty banks. and it IS Euro 08 next year. bloody 'ell seriously haf to save up from now.

So serious I've started saving the pathetic amount of RM500 each month since March. I'd be honoured if you'd join us (moi, bff plus 2 other gud frens). Let's go crazy kat europe! I'll pm u kalau interested.

Well thanks to u, will check out 'Time'. My best friend is a huge Pink Floyd fan, and he sort of 'infected' me when he commented that a few Muse songs (forgot which, New Born?) remind him of Pink Floyd. Before that I've only heard of "The Wall" movie.

You have a cool best friend. :D I also recommend "Money", "Wish You Were Here", "Comfortably Numb", "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", "Have a Cigar", "Welcome to the Machine" and "Pigs".

Velvet Revolver have done a cover of "Money", Foo Fighters did "Have a Cigar" for the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack. (I have too much musical knowledge, it's embarrassing sometimes :D)

I highly recommend DSotM as a good first album to get into. It's a concept album about how the stress of modern living can drive an otherwise normal person insane. Animals is another concept album - about politics - referencing George Orwell's "Animal Farm".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmCfvcfHwKA <---There has been widespread speculation that DSotM was purposely written and recorded to sync with the Wizard of Oz, in terms of music and lyrics.(http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/DSotR/List.php) Watch and decide for yourself.

"The Wall" is a semi-autobiographical film based on the life of their former lead singer Syd Barrett (he died last year - Matt is apparently very influenced by Syd's guitar style). It's about a rock singer who has had a bad life since childhood and was on drugs to cope with depression. Eventually, he isolates himself from the rest of society and builds an imaginary "wall" between himself and the rest of the world, with each bad experience in his life being a "brick" in that wall. Hence their famous song "Another Brick in the Wall". ;)

It's a visually stunning film, very artsy. Go watch it! :p

I still keep all my old tapes for sheer sentimental value. In Utero, Superunknown, Pinkerton, OoS, Beatles Anthology......sigh. Anyone this sentimental / old skool?

I have a couple of old Metallica tapes (Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning), and my Pink Floyd's DSotM casette. I also got some of my dad's old CDs eg the Eagles, Queen, Eric Clapton, Bob Marley, Beatles etc.

Vintage. :LOL:

nope.. youtube are always sucky videos.. they limit the quality there..

someone posted a yousendit link for wembley videos in muselive i think which is half decent, but i can't be arsed to find it now.

think i prefer the pictures posted in PDT. ;) dom in green pants is just yummy..:happy:

Alamak, poor you. You can find it again but it's just not the same, kan? I still keep all my old tapes for sheer sentimental value. In Utero, Superunknown, Pinkerton, OoS, Beatles Anthology......sigh. Anyone this sentimental / old skool?

So serious I've started saving the pathetic amount of RM500 each month since March. I'd be honoured if you'd join us (moi, bff plus 2 other gud frens). Let's go crazy kat europe! I'll pm u kalau interested.

hey.. i have, well use to have those nirvana and weezer cassetes as well but dunno la where they are now. superunknown is my fav, fav soundgarden album! black hole sun is brilliant! god, i miss those seattle grunge era.. i dunno where my cassetes collections are now. everything is so messed up in my house.. my dad might have thrown 'em away.. he hates wat i listen to..haha. think the only 'vintage' cassets that i still treassure r my green day albums. dookie and insomniac as well PJ's ten, vs, no code and some metallica as well as lifehouse.

i'm serious as well! k, i'll start saving now. damnit gaji dah habis.. ok. i'll start saving by the end of this month! oh yeah.. let's. i'm oready crazy here, i'll go mental in europe! lol

You have a cool best friend. :D I also recommend "Money", "Wish You Were Here", "Comfortably Numb", "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", "Have a Cigar", "Welcome to the Machine" and "Sheep".

Velvet Revolver have done a cover of "Money", Foo Fighters did "Have a Cigar" for the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack. (I have too much musical knowledge, it's embarrassing sometimes :D)

I highly recommend DSotM as a good first album to get into. It's a concept album about how the stress of modern living can drive an otherwise normal person insane. Animals is another concept album - about politics - referencing George Orwell's "Animal Farm".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmCfvcfHwKA <---There has been widespread speculation that DSotM was purposely written and recorded to sync with the Wizard of Oz, in terms of music and lyrics.(http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/DSotR/List.php) Watch and decide for yourself.

"The Wall" is a semi-autobiographical film based on the life of their former lead singer Syd Barrett (he died last year - Matt is apparently very influenced by Syd's guitar style). It's about a rock singer who has had a bad life since childhood and was on drugs to cope with depression. Eventually, he isolates himself from the rest of society and builds an imaginary "wall" between himself and the rest of the world, with each bad experience in his life being a "brick" in that wall. Hence their famous song "Another Brick in the Wall". ;)

It's a visually stunning film, very artsy. Go watch it! :p

I have a couple of old Metallica tapes (Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning), and my Pink Floyd's DSotM casette. I also got some of my dad's old CDs eg the Eagles, Queen, Eric Clapton, Bob Marley, Beatles etc.

Vintage. :LOL:

*bows* u're like a walking wikipedia or something. seems like u eat and breathe music!

think i prefer the pictures posted in PDT. ;) dom in green pants is just yummy..:happy:

hey.. i have, well use to have those nirvana and weezer cassetes as well but dunno la where they are now. superunknown is my fav, fav soundgarden album! black hole sun is brilliant! god, i miss those seattle grunge era.. i dunno where my cassetes collections are now. everything is so messed up in my house.. my dad might have thrown 'em away.. he hates wat i listen to..haha. think the only 'vintage' cassets that i still treassure r my green day albums. dookie and insomniac as well PJ's ten, vs, no code and some metallica as well as lifehouse.

i'm serious as well! k, i'll start saving now. damnit gaji dah habis.. ok. i'll start saving by the end of this month! oh yeah.. let's. i'm oready crazy here, i'll go mental in europe! lol

*bows* u're like a walking wikipedia or something. seems like u eat and breathe music!

lol i agree, at the PDT part. i stopped going to that place, so i took the banners off my sig in case anyone didnt notice. and now with all the Wembley pics... i'm loving that place again! :eek:

Dookie! Aaah, nostalgia (I'm suddenly 16 again, heheh).

Alright! *high 5's crazy mary* It is damn hard to save. Just imagine seeing Dom's lime floro green pants 'live' for motivation whenever it becomes too hard to save :D. Thank god for 15% increment next month.

I've gone europe-crazy: bought Lonely Planets and phrasebooks at 2nd hand stores. pastu end of the year going to continue learning french.

De7, u rock geek, I think I love you. :D:LOL::LOL:

think i prefer the pictures posted in PDT. dom in green pants is just yummy..

Where? *sneaks off to PDT*

lol deb. why did u stop going to the pdt? i go n lurk there everytime i visit this board :$. i'm loving the wembley pics in that thread more than any where else..

think the stage and the set for wembley are OTT but brilliant!

lol because i got too lazy to catch up... i was more into Banter. lol the stuff there are very funny! the non-perverted ones la. those people are seriously very open minded to talk about their sex lives and stuff :stunned:

but anyway, i love dom with green pants! i saw Mika on the Star newspaper the other day in green pants before dom wore his, and i thought "omg dom doesnt have green pants!" but ooooh guess i was wrong :p

Hi Deb! Welcome back. Here, have a pair of green fluoro pants as a housewarming gift.

Totally. And the graphics on the screens pwns!

hey miele! thanks :D lol aww those pants are too big :( nvm i'll go hang it up on my wall of Muse-posters! i only have 2 so far though.. :$

yeah the graphics and the lighted satellites were awesome :D