19.06.10 Goffertpark Nijmegen: Travel and accomodation etc

MyBrainHurts!

Just found this on Marktplaats:

Beschrijving

EASY TICKETS

heeft kaarten beschikbaar voor het optreden van MUSE in Nijmegen

MUSE

zaterdag 19 juni 2010 in het Gelredome in Arnhem?????

meerdere kaarten te koop

€ 69,- per stuk

BESTELLEN?

De kaarten kunnen worden verzonden of worden afgehaald bij ons filiaal in Alphen a/d Rijn

Those idiots don't even know where the concert will be!!!

Just found this on Marktplaats:

Those idiots don't even know where the concert will be!!!

Let's put an international MUSE boycot of MUSE fans on second rate ticket vendor sites... ... isn't there already a thread for this somewhere...? :)

but they are idiots... school drop outs that can not hold a proper job.

Hello!

I'll be coming from Edinburgh for this one :)

Probably going to stay in Amsterdam from the 17th and go home on the 20th. I notice that the last train according to ns.nl is about midnight or so. Do you think that's enough time for it to finish?

I looked into hotels but the cheapest I can find is 90 euros and I just don't have the money for that plus Amsterdam.

Any advice from you vets? :)

Cheers!

At 1600h the Netherlands will play that day against Japan!

I hope the organizers, and promoter 3FM, take note and arrange a pre-show screen for all our MUSE loving, summer day sweating and love makin' Orange fevered fans. Probably it does not mix much with our Band, but it's an inevitable given. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello!

I'll be coming from Edinburgh for this one :)

Probably going to stay in Amsterdam from the 17th and go home on the 20th. I notice that the last train according to ns.nl is about midnight or so. Do you think that's enough time for it to finish?

I looked into hotels but the cheapest I can find is 90 euros and I just don't have the money for that plus Amsterdam.

Any advice from you vets? :)

Cheers!

I'll travel from London too for this event and stay in Amsterdam....I saw that the only way to travel to Nijmegen is by train....which....is a bit expensive, eventhough it has an offer for more than 3 companions!!Aren't there any coaches??

I think that the concert starts at 18.00 (or is that when the gates open?)......hopefully there will be enough time for departure with the last train.....

I haven't been in a very big gig......how many hours prior should we gather infront of the gates??

Hi! I now regret having bought German Wings flight to Weeze,where shuttle bus to/from

Nijmegen costs E16 each way.Should have gone with Ryanair to Eindhoven and caught the train!

Is anybody going from Weeze to Nijmegen by public transport (train to Kleve then bus to N.) ?

I'll travel from London too for this event and stay in Amsterdam....I saw that the only way to travel to Nijmegen is by train....which....is a bit expensive, eventhough it has an offer for more than 3 companions!!Aren't there any coaches??

I think that the concert starts at 18.00 (or is that when the gates open?)......hopefully there will be enough time for departure with the last train.....

I haven't been in a very big gig......how many hours prior should we gather infront of the gates??

We don't do coaches I'm afraid.

The NS SamenUitKorting is cheapest if you travel with a maximum of 3 other people, unless you know a Dutchie with a discount or a student card as they can give up to three people 40% discount on tickets.

Beware you can only buy that SamenUitKorting ticket online and it's a return ticket. So make sure you take the train back to Amsterdam that same night otherwise it's more expensife than buying two singles.

Oops! Meant to write "flight with RYANAIR to Weeze" !

Am going to try to get destination changed to Eindhoven if that's poss!

Oh yeah that should be cheaper.

Found this on wiki travel for you :

The only form of public transportation nonstop to Nijmegen is a taxivan you have to reserve in advance and will set you back €16 euro one-way. For timetabling see [2] or call +49 (0) 28 37 66 55 55. Quick tip: If your plane lands shortly before the bus is scheduled to leave give them a quick call on the tarmac and they will wait for you.

For the more adventurous traveller, it's possible to get to Nijmegen by city bus to the Weeze railway station, then take a train into Kleve, where you can get a bus into Nijmegen. This will take about 75 minutes and costs €5.90-7.60 (one-way).

Another option is to just hitch. There's a major freeway not far from the airport, connecting Düsseldorf with Nijmegen. This can take as little as 30-45 minutes if you're lucky, and 4-6 hours if you're not. (:chuckle:)

This may be interesting for some of you

Live Nation News

Travel to big concerts by organised bus transportation

Thursday 29 April 2010

Our partner TripTicket offers organised transportation by bus. This way you can easily travel to big concerts in Goffertpark and GelreDome.

TripTicket will pick you up on a carpoolspot nearby and you will be let off the bus in front of the venue. And of course after the concert you will be neatly returned to your boarding point.

TripTicket offers this service on this events:

8 May: Alicia Keys

15 May: Lady Gaga

19 May: Michael Bublé

29 May: Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood

9 June: Rage Against The Machine

18 June: KISS

19 June: Muse

23 June: Aerosmith

27 June: Rockin' Park

15 October: Symphonica in Rosso

16 October: Symphonica in Rosso

3 December: Simply Red

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

sorry for abandoning my original post, but since the concert is fast approaching I thought to give it a bump, if there is anything you want to know don't be afraid to ask.

Als dont be afraid of bright colours, the dutch play at 13:00 I think which means everything and everyone willl turn orange ;)

There will be busses from/to Nijmegen central station(centraal station), it's usually very crowded after the concert.

The Dukenburg trainstation is doable by foot for instance...

Enjoy and maybe see you there!

xx

Inge

I don't know.... I guess they will have OV-chip, even here in my town they have OV-chip.

My problem is where to stay, cause I have to be at Goffertpark too early to get there by train. I can go by car, but I have to get up at 4.30....so it will be a long long day. In the train I can sleep some longer, but trains won't leave that early. And if I go by car my husband and son will come by train in the afternoon. They hate trains, lol. Anyway, if someone knows as cheap place to sleep, let me know.

Nah, I will go by car, unfortunatelly. Have to be between 7 and 7.30 AM at Goffertpark, so public transport can be a disaster (don't know about Nijmegen, but here you can't take "early" busses during weekend. And besides....it should be just for sleeping, cause I can't be there earlier than 10 PM, so I know some better ways for throwing away the money ;)

On the other hand: travelling by car means waking up at 4.30 and June 27th is the same story (besides that husband and son won't join that day). Arghh...some people use weekends to sleep, I use them to wake up early. :(

Archived