Indian Musers Thread

PingleWood

• 1 month later...

Hello to everyone. I am a reporter in the local area, and frequent this site to find out what is going on in SoWal. This is a great tool to use, it helps me to keep up with what concerns the residents here. If you have anything specific you would like me to know, feel free to send me a message.

Thanks

I'm come from indonesia, i just wanna know..how big are muse in india? Thanks

Hey,

Muse is not very popular here in India, since the record label hasnt promoted the band well enough. But there a few serious fans that I know, they exist in the big cities like Mumbai, Delhi etc.

I'm sure that if they're marketed properly here, their fan base can increase exponentially, since the songs (from Resistance especially) have a melodic, western classical feel, and Indian music is traditionally very classical based.

The rock scene in India is growing day by day, and proof of that is the large number of bands touring India. Iron Maiden came thrice (I went once :) ), Porcupine Tree is coming later this month, Bryan Adams has come like 5 times, even Roger Waters n Rolling Stones have been here. MUSE is eagerly awaited!

What about Indonesia? Muse is big there?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll only be in India until Aug 2010, but I am a huge Muse fan. I'd been waiting a really long time to see Muse in the US this year...and then I end up in India on a temp assignment when they finally got to the midwest (Chicago and Detroit).

I plan on seeing them in Sept 2010 in Manchester, UK, but wish they would stop by India as they make their way back from Korea and Japan.

I've already missed them once as I had tickets to the rescheduled Barcelona show... :(

But I'm determined :)

oh--forgot to mention--I'm in Delhi.

Awww that's awful that you missed seeing Muse :(

I hope they would tour India. It would be an :awesome: excuse for me to head home!

In the Muse tour program, there is a little interview with the guys and Dom says that he would like to play in India :happy:

I hope it happens!! I'm pretty sure it isn't happening any time soon though :rolleyes:

I am thinking of going to the Wembley to see them. I saw them in Boston this month and it wasn't enough!

Are you having fun in Delhi?

• 3 months later...

oh wow there's only one page to this thread. WE HAVE TO FILL IT UP BABY!! (and maybe plug in as well...)

I think the reason why they're not so big in India is because India has their own system of music and films and everything, and especially since all the films have songs in them, the music industry might not be as booming as it is elsewhere

imagine the muse guys in India :) dom the manwhore...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

trying to breath life into this thread again.....

the first muse song i heard was starlight, liked it and stuck to this band, been following them since. When i'm not musing,i listen to Franz Ferdinand, RHCP n similar bands

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm Carlos, from Argentina. I wanted to know if there is any Indian edition of Muse albums or singles, or perhaps with some Indian label. In a month I'll visiting India and I wanted to know if I could get some of that things in a store. Thank you very much!

Hey,

Muse is not very popular here in India, since the record label hasnt promoted the band well enough. But there a few serious fans that I know, they exist in the big cities like Mumbai, Delhi etc.

I'm sure that if they're marketed properly here, their fan base can increase exponentially, since the songs (from Resistance especially) have a melodic, western classical feel, and Indian music is traditionally very classical based.

The rock scene in India is growing day by day, and proof of that is the large number of bands touring India. Iron Maiden came thrice (I went once :) ), Porcupine Tree is coming later this month, Bryan Adams has come like 5 times, even Roger Waters n Rolling Stones have been here. MUSE is eagerly awaited!

What about Indonesia? Muse is big there?

Thanks, yep they are pretty big here :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived