Haha, yeah. Who requests a birth certificate?

I ordered The Room on DVD a little while ago - apparently the worst movie ever made. Hoping it arrives this week, so I can have friends around for an evening of hilarity this weekend.

BDO lineup:

TOOL, RAMMSTEIN, IGGY AND THE STOOGES, M.I.A, JOHN BUTLER TRIO, GRINDERMAN, WOLFMOTHER, LCD SOUNDSYSTEM, BLOODY BEETROOTS DEATH CREW 77, CRYSTAL CASTLES, LUPE FIASCO, PRIMAL SCREAM SCREAMADELICA LIVE, THE BLACK KEYS, DEFTONES, BLISS N ESO, ANGUS & JULIA STONE, PLAN B, PNAU, DIE ANTWOORD, EDWARD SHARPE & THE MAGNETIC ZEROS, BOOKA SHADE DJs, ANDREW W.K., THE JIM JONES REVUE, BIRDS OF TOKYO, LITTLE RED, GYROSCOPE, VITALIC, CSS, RATATAT,

AIRBOURNE, DEAD LETTER CIRCUS, BLUE KING BROWN, THE NAKED & FAMOUS, OPERATOR PLEASE, CHILDREN COLLIDE, GYPSY AND THE CAT, WILL STYLES, LOWRIDER, SAMPOLOGY, KIDS OF 88, KID KENOBI & MC SHURESHOCK.

Not overly excited by the big names, but there's quite a bit there for me in there. Solid lineup.

Yeah, there are a few there that should make it worth going for a fun day :) Hopefully Arcade Fire will come here for their own gig or they'll be in the second announcement.

I ordered The Room on DVD a little while ago - apparently the worst movie ever made. Hoping it arrives this week, so I can have friends around for an evening of hilarity this weekend.

Haha, sounds like a good evening. Let me know how bad it is ;)

Paul Henry has apologised to the Governor-General over comments he made on TVNZ's Breakfast this morning.

In an interview with Prime Minister John Key today, Henry asked if Governor-General Anand Satyanand was "even a New Zealander".

Referring to the next Governor-General to be chosen when Sir Anand's 's five year term ends this year, Henry said: "Are you going to choose a New Zealander who looks and sounds like a New Zealander this time? Are we going to go for someone who is more like a New Zealander this time?"

:facepalm:

What a fucking moron.

That's very true.

But this one really pissed me off. Just because Sir Anand Satyanand has a different name and dark skin, that somehow makes him not "like a New Zealander"? He was born in Auckland for fuck's sake. And he served as a judge in the NZ court system for two decades. He's enough of a NZer for me.

Someone on trademe reckoned to be a new zealander both you and your parents had to be born in NZ! This was a thread bout irene van dyke carrying the flag btw

Guess I better butt out of this thread then, my mum was born in Turkey. :erm::rolleyes:

Someone on trademe reckoned to be a new zealander both you and your parents had to be born in NZ! This was a thread bout irene van dyke carrying the flag btw

Guess I'm not a New Zealander, then. Nice to be told that. I wonder what that does make me? There's no fucking way I'm a Pom.

Thought Irene was a good flag-bearer, by the way. She was thrilled. It obviously meant loads to her, which is good to see.

i really like girls like you by naked and famous. are there other songs where the guy sings lead? i prefer him to the chick.

Yeah, that's a really good song. He doesn't sing much in the album, which is a shame, because I agree he has a really good voice.

He sings a bit near the end of Frayed, and also the chorus in Eyes (which is a lovely song). And he does most of the vocals in The Ends, but that song is less than 2 minutes long.

"The accident is bizarre but not impossible."

Well obviously if it happened :rolleyes:

I want vegemite so bad. Only certain supermarkets stock it and I keep forgetting to look. Life without vegemite is not worth considering. What do I put on toast?!

But the headline is so hilarious!

As well as "electricity shot out of her backside", but ouch. At least it only caused burns though.

I want vegemite so bad. Only certain supermarkets stock it and I keep forgetting to look. Life without vegemite is not worth considering. What do I put on toast?!

Ah that sucks. How about peanut butter and jam for now? Mmm.