On the news last night they asked people in Iceland what English words they found hard to pronounce.

One couldn't say pneumonia. I don't blame him. What the fuck's that P doing there? It has no place. NO PLACE!

Guest hysteriaaah
I think there is! Well, they are a part of NZ folklore.

Might even get its own autobiography. I'd get a copy:p

Oh yeah okay, that's how Stephen Colbert said it.

Have you listened to the Wikipedia pronunciation guide clip though? It sounds so hard to say, I can't even tell the sounds apart :LOL:

You should've seen my face the first time i saw the name of that volcano:eek: I think flabbergasted is the word...

I know there are certian letters i can see in the english language that certianly shouldnt belong to the word. And isnt it said that the english language is one of the harder languages to learn.

Sounds like you love to read ed.

I know its promising they told me they would of called me and some others for interviews earlier but as we know why they would of been a bit held up with that.

btw whose Mike Bellamy???

That silent P was the culprit in quite a few of them - pseudonym and psalm are another two I remember. And yacht.

Yacht, fucking yacht. I hate it when you're trying to write that down and you don't have a spellchecker or a dictionary on hand. Its such an annoying word!

btw whose Mike Bellamy???

Matthew Bellamy's identical twin.

Yacht, fucking yacht. I hate it when you're trying to write that down and you don't have a spellchecker or a dictionary on hand. Its such an annoying word!

Matthew Bellamy's identical twin.

Um isnt a yacht a pretty big object to be fucking??

Yes and someone has informed me in another thread there is a Dom Greenwood in muse so are they making clones or have twins we dont know about and oh for giggle sake heres this caption i did.

Muse.png.9ebe2fc5f776239e23fa4009521760d3.png

Yes and someone has informed me in another thread there is a Dom Greenwood in muse so are they making clones or have twins we dont know about and oh for giggle sake heres this caption i did.

They're twins from a parallel universe where Dom wears only black jeans, Chris is Thom Yorke, and Matt is attractive.

I remember seeing that sentence often in puzzle/mindbenders/joke books! I haven't looked at the actual solution/s for ages! It makes a lot more sense now :LOL:

This one is hilarious.

The phrase is "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."

"Thus, the sentence when parsed reads as a description of the pecking order in the social hierarchy of buffaloes living in Buffalo:

- [Those] (Buffalo buffalo) [whom] (Buffalo buffalo) buffalo, buffalo (Buffalo buffalo).

- [Those] buffalo(es) from Buffalo [that are intimidated by] buffalo(es) from Buffalo intimidate buffalo(es) from Buffalo.

- Bison from Buffalo, New York, who are intimidated by other bison in their community also happen to intimidate other bison in their community.(this one is my favourite explanation :LOL: )

- THE buffalo FROM Buffalo WHO ARE buffaloed BY buffalo FROM Buffalo ALSO buffalo THE buffalo FROM Buffalo.

I still don't get it though. It says that:

The sentence is unpunctuated and uses three different readings of the word "buffalo". In order of their first use, these are

* a. the city of Buffalo, New York , which is used as a noun adjunct in the sentence and is followed by the animal;

* n. the noun buffalo, an animal, in the plural (equivalent to "buffaloes" or "buffalos"), in order to avoid articles;

* v. the verb "buffalo" meaning to bully, confuse, deceive, or intimidate.

Marking each "buffalo" with its use as shown above gives you:

Buffalo(a) buffalo(n) Buffalo(a) buffalo(n) buffalo(v) buffalo(v) Buffalo(a) buffalo(n).

Doesn't that then read "City bison City bison bully bully City bison"? :erm:

Shouldn't it instead go: A-N-V-C-N-V-C-N or something? Making it 'City bison bully City bison bully City bison'?

They're twins from a parallel universe where Dom wears only black jeans, Chris is Thom Yorke, and Matt is attractive.

if there was a planet parallel to earth i am telling you i sure as hell wouldnt be wasting my time here when there could be much cooler more advanced planets out there ok they may not excactly be the best looking bunch but hey they would make up for it with the spaceships and the technology right???

I like all those wiki posts about buffalos and what not...

You know i never understood how something like a buffalo can make a stringy stretchy mozzarella cheese???(just a random statement) but i have wondered considering how they are tough and wallow around the water and in africa croc fodder when they cross the same stretch of water which they know some croc is sitting in there waiting to get em you would think they might find another way around the river by now??

But then there should be a 'who' in there somewhere, right? How does it work with only using the word buffalo?

I don't think it's necessary. Think of another one, like, "politicians people don't like".

I think it works the same way? I'm not sure, though. I'm tired and my brain is fried.

You know i never understood how something like a buffalo can make a stringy stretchy mozzarella cheese???(just a random statement) but i have wondered considering how they are tough and wallow around the water and in africa croc fodder when they cross the same stretch of water which they know some croc is sitting in there waiting to get em you would think they might find another way around the river by now??

I believe you're thinking of wildebeest.

I don't think it's necessary. Think of another one, like, "politicians people don't like".

I think it works the same way? I'm not sure, though. I'm tired and my brain is fried.

That's true. I dunno, it buzzes me out :LOL:

Maybe that buffalo isn't conforming? He's wearing a suit- I'd say that's pretty nonconformist compared to all the other buffalo.