It does sound like you had the whole shebang going on there!

My weekend's going ok, but I'm about to start a movie at work called Santa Baby 2...I don't have high hopes.

We really did, we had the most epic picnic ever, and the weather stayed mint, I even got a bit burnt!

That movie does sound terrible, might be one I give a miss.

:facepalm:

This movie is AWFUL. Love that Jenny McCarthy's character's surname is Class though. :chuckle:

Oh dear......

I went to this fundraising show for head and neck cancer, it was fun, and there were some amazing singers and dancers there that made me feel so unco haha!

So it was a good night, though it was marred by my Dad and Mum having to stay home because my Dad suddenly got really really ill and nearly passed out. He's gone for blood tests now so just waiting. :(

Oh I hope your dad is okay. Unfortunate that they had to stay behind but hopefully he feels better now.

My weekend's going ok, but I'm about to start a movie at work called Santa Baby 2...I don't have high hopes.

With a name like that, you can't expect much :noey::LOL:

here's sean the sunbear! he likes attention:

seanstanding.jpg

seansitting.jpg

seanlooking.jpg

seanjo2.jpg

sean's so cute. too bad about me looking like a mong with my hair tied back, my glasses and that stupid little smile. :LOL:

WOAH he is the coolest thing ever! He totally looks like someone in a bear suit!

You look cute, you have the best freckles ever!!!!

seanlooking.jpg

He's kind of funny, eh? Doesn't really look like any other type of bear. He looks kinda like a cross between a bear and an ape :erm:

Anyone excited about Christmas? I watched most of Love Actually earlier. That movie is kind of a so-so film for me, but heaps of people seem to love it.

I'm not really looking forward to Christmas so much this year. I know that sounds so grinchy but at least at my Mum's I think it won't be so great. My sister is coming over, so that's yay, but we still have no money. It'll probably be baked beans on toast for Christmas dinner. And its not very fun putting up a Christmas tree by yourself. I'm the kind of person who likes routine tradition on Christmas, so the whole 'its just another day' thing doesn't go down too well with me. I know I shouldn't complain because there's people out there far worse off than me, but its still a bit of a bummer. I can see why they say this holiday season is the hardest time of the year. Still, there's some Christmassy stuff to look forward to too :happy:. Like watching my DVD and the nice weather :happy:.

I know I shouldn't complain because there's people out there far worse off than me

But that doesn't mean you have no right to complain and feel a bit down when you're going through a rough patch.

I hope the company and conversation you get on the day makes up for the absence of other things and you still have an awesome day. If it's nice weather on Christmas Day you should go to the beach for a picnic or something. :)

And hopefully you might have something to celebrate on the jobs front in the near future.

But that doesn't mean you have no right to complain and feel a bit down when you're going through a rough patch.

I hope the company and conversation you get on the day makes up for the absence of other things and you still have an awesome day. If it's nice weather on Christmas Day you should go to the beach for a picnic or something. :)

And hopefully you might have something to celebrate on the jobs front in the near future.

Yeah the jobs front is really not doing anything for me atm! :mad: Come ooooon economy!

Thanks Rich :happy: I also don't really like this time of year since it reminds me of my parents divorce. And since it's also a girly time of the month (yeah I totally just shared that, awkward moment ahoy!) its even more depressing atm. Yay me.

seanstanding.jpg

seansitting.jpg

seanlooking.jpg

seanjo2.jpg

sean's so cute. too bad about me looking like a mong with my hair tied back, my glasses and that stupid little smile. :LOL:

Aww, he's so cute and funny :happy::LOL: How were the rest of the animals doing?

In other news, just found out that a few of the dotterel nests have disappeared since I went :( It's such a shame the camera wasn't still there when we really needed it to see what the heck happened :supersad:

He's kind of funny, eh? Doesn't really look like any other type of bear. He looks kinda like a cross between a bear and an ape :erm:

Anyone excited about Christmas? I watched most of Love Actually earlier. That movie is kind of a so-so film for me, but heaps of people seem to love it.

I'm not really looking forward to Christmas so much this year. I know that sounds so grinchy but at least at my Mum's I think it won't be so great. My sister is coming over, so that's yay, but we still have no money. It'll probably be baked beans on toast for Christmas dinner. And its not very fun putting up a Christmas tree by yourself. I'm the kind of person who likes routine tradition on Christmas, so the whole 'its just another day' thing doesn't go down too well with me. I know I shouldn't complain because there's people out there far worse off than me, but its still a bit of a bummer. I can see why they say this holiday season is the hardest time of the year. Still, there's some Christmassy stuff to look forward to too :happy:. Like watching my DVD and the nice weather :happy:.

You see it too! He's like a bear playing dress up!

I really like Love Actually, it brings out all these emotions in me, it's right up there with Notting Hill. :awesome:

I'm semi excited about Christmas, we haven't got a tree or anything yet and I haven't got half the stuff I need, but I am just buying everyone something smallish this year. Trainee Wages suck!

I think you have every right to feel a bit grinchy, I get waht you say about the traditions, I feel the same way, either we do the whole thing properly or it doesn't work. Like Rich says hopefully you can all enjoy each other's company, and maybe doing something completely different might make it feel less strange having a different sort of day?

Every Christmas something major usually goes wrong in my house, for years after we got here it would be my parents having a massive fight and storming out, and the year before last it was my dog's fault!

Mum had cooked an amazing 5 kg turkey, with bacon and sausages, and had just pulled it out of the oven, turned her back for one second and my naughty giant hunterway stood up and STOLE the turkey!!

He grabbed it and took it out into the garden!!!!'

Obviously there was no getting it back, hahaha so that was an interesting one..........

Yeah the jobs front is really not doing anything for me atm! :mad: Come ooooon economy!

Thanks Rich :happy: I also don't really like this time of year since it reminds me of my parents divorce. And since it's also a girly time of the month (yeah I totally just shared that, awkward moment ahoy!) its even more depressing atm. Yay me.

Jobs are hard all round at the moment! Keep looking and hopefully lots of people quit around this time when they don't get the leave they want and places will start hiring!

Lame on both counts, get your hottie and some nurofen and watch your favourite dvd, and I usually find having a fat old cry makes things a bit better!

Oh and chocloate. Lots of chocolate!

I really hope things start getting easier for you, you have had your share now!

Aww, he's so cute and funny :happy::LOL: How were the rest of the animals doing?

In other news, just found out that a few of the dotterel nests have disappeared since I went :( It's such a shame the camera wasn't still there when we really needed it to see what the heck happened :supersad:

OH NO? Does that mean what I think it means? :eek:

Mum had cooked an amazing 5 kg turkey, with bacon and sausages, and had just pulled it out of the oven, turned her back for one second and my naughty giant hunterway stood up and STOLE the turkey!!

Oh, what a food disaster! Did doggy get through all the turkey? :chuckle:

OH NO? Does that mean what I think it means? :eek:

I don't know what it means yet. There are still two nests at the moment. But yeah, it's obviously not good for the birds (and for the project), the loss of eggs each season seems to be on the increase.

Anyway, to take my mind off things, I started making a design for the moa t-shirts for those keen on getting one. So here is my initial design, I just chose the colour blue for now since we were undecided and it's a neutral colour. Let me know what you think and any other ideas.

Moat-shirt.jpg?t=1260752179

The picture isn't the best on photobucket, but it's fine in paint :LOL:

Thanks, glad you like it. But the question is, will we wear it? :LOL:

I finally have money to buy my BDO ticket and ticketmaster has a return bus pass from Real Groovy for $15.50. Does that sound right or are they ripping us off a bit? I don't remember paying that much for the bus :erm: So I can't decide whether to get that (says we are guaranteed a seat) or just pay on the day as usual..

Oh, what a food disaster! Did doggy get through all the turkey? :chuckle:

I don't know what it means yet. There are still two nests at the moment. But yeah, it's obviously not good for the birds (and for the project), the loss of eggs each season seems to be on the increase.

Anyway, to take my mind off things, I started making a design for the moa t-shirts for those keen on getting one. So here is my initial design, I just chose the colour blue for now since we were undecided and it's a neutral colour. Let me know what you think and any other ideas.

Moat-shirt.jpg?t=1260752179

The picture isn't the best on photobucket, but it's fine in paint :LOL:

ARGHH! You rock! I love it!

Are we still going to do Muse in a box or something so we aren't infringing on Copyright?:)

I think I want mine as a singlet, if that's ok? It's going to be soooo hot that day! Oooh and I finally convinced my friends that I'm not going to die in the D barrier, but I have been warned to stay at the sides, haha.

The turkey eating dog was about 30 kgs at the time, and managed to get through half of the turkey before we were able to get it off him!!

He looked pregnant, his stomach was so swollen and distended, but my god was he pleased with himself!

untitled.bmp

ARGHH! You rock! I love it!

Are we still going to do Muse in a box or something so we aren't infringing on Copyright?:)

I think I want mine as a singlet, if that's ok? It's going to be soooo hot that day! Oooh and I finally convinced my friends that I'm not going to die in the D barrier, but I have been warned to stay at the sides, haha.

I tried one muse in a box, but it looked wierd and wasn't sure where to put it. I put it under the colar on the back, but it kind on looked over crowded for some reason. I fiddle some more later to see if I can fit it in better. But at least there is muse in the board address, unless we have muse in a box there instead... And yeah, we'll be able to put it on whatever style t-shirt or singlet we want, as long as printers have them I guess.

I found this on a t-shirt site which i thought was pretty cool, out of stock though.

moa_det_w.gif

The turkey eating dog was about 30 kgs at the time, and managed to get through half of the turkey before we were able to get it off him!!

He looked pregnant, his stomach was so swollen and distended, but my god was he pleased with himself!

I'm sure he was pleased with such a good feast :LOL:

Now I have to go find my cat. Taking her to the vet to check her swollen lip. I hope she'll just need some antibiotics for it.

Thanks, glad you like it. But the question is, will we wear it? :LOL:

I finally have money to buy my BDO ticket and ticketmaster has a return bus pass from Real Groovy for $15.50. Does that sound right or are they ripping us off a bit? I don't remember paying that much for the bus :erm: So I can't decide whether to get that (says we are guaranteed a seat) or just pay on the day as usual..

On the day the buses cost $5 (well, in the last few years - dunno if it's the same again this time), so that does sound a bit steep.

I tried one muse in a box, but it looked wierd and wasn't sure where to put it. I put it under the colar on the back, but it kind on looked over crowded for some reason. I fiddle some more later to see if I can fit it in better. But at least there is muse in the board address, unless we have muse in a box there instead... And yeah, we'll be able to put it on whatever style t-shirt or singlet we want, as long as printers have them I guess.

I found this on a t-shirt site which i thought was pretty cool, out of stock though.

moa_det_w.gif

I'm sure he was pleased with such a good feast :LOL:

Now I have to go find my cat. Taking her to the vet to check her swollen lip. I hope she'll just need some antibiotics for it.

Awww that one is really cool too!

I am so not creative at all!

Good luck with your cat! Hope it's a simple (and cheap!) fix for her!

On the day the buses cost $5 (well, in the last few years - dunno if it's the same again this time), so that does sound a bit steep.

Do you have to book the bus then? Do they run out of room or will I be sweet to just rock up and hop on?

Thought so, I'll stick to paying on the day then.

Good luck with your cat! Hope it's a simple (and cheap!) fix for her!

It was an infection (most likely from fighting as usual :rolleyes:). They call it cat acne when it is around the mouth like that, she had some smaller lumps under the chin too. So just an injection of long-lasting antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory so we won't have to try giving her pills everyday. So yeah, we got the simple part, but still not that cheap, oh well.

There's a whole big line of them waiting outside.

As well as a long line of people. In 2007 I had to go to the back street behind Real Groovy, but in 2008 it wasn't so bad, probably because I went a bit earlier.