It's just been announced that there's not going to be any future BDOs in NZ :( not too surprising considering the poor ticket sales but I wanted to go next year when I was old enough (could go this year but the line up doesn't interest me enough). Plus Muse were pretty much guaranteed to come some time in the future if it was still on.

It's just been announced that there's not going to be any future BDOs in NZ :( not too surprising considering the poor ticket sales but I wanted to go next year when I was old enough (could go this year but the line up doesn't interest me enough). Plus Muse were pretty much guaranteed to come some time in the future if it was still on.

Yeah, it is sad. I'll miss it. :( But the organisers have brought about their own downfall, really. Of course there'd be lower ticket sales when they significantly raise the price and decrease the number of acts performing.

Still, looking forward to going this Friday - hopefully some more good memories of a great festival.

I went and did that Poisoners thing at Auckland Museum today. Pretty fun, and they've set up all the different rooms and stuff really well, but it was ridiculously easy.

Ooh, that's something I've been meaning to check out. Must do that.

• 2 weeks later...
Tea tapes been leaked

Heard part of them on the radio, was really disappointing, couldn't even really hear any words just lots of clinking glasses.

Music related question you guys might be able to help with. I want to download music legally, but Digirama doesn't have what I want and I don't want to use Itunes. Is there another alternative? Cheeeers guys!

Heard part of them on the radio, was really disappointing, couldn't even really hear any words just lots of clinking glasses.

Music related question you guys might be able to help with. I want to download music legally, but Digirama doesn't have what I want and I don't want to use Itunes. Is there another alternative? Cheeeers guys!

Yeah I saw it on YouTube but I got bored because I only wanted to hear the controversial bit and they had posted the whole thing.

Hmm interesting. Nothing springs to mind immediately. Why don't you want to use iTunes?

Yeah I saw it on YouTube but I got bored because I only wanted to hear the controversial bit and they had posted the whole thing.

Hmm interesting. Nothing springs to mind immediately. Why don't you want to use iTunes?

I'm not a huge fan of Apple, and have managed so far without Itunes, I usually use Digirama but I just wondered that if they didn't have something if there was an alternative or if you would be then forced to use Itunes anyway.

Dan has it on his computer so I could have always used that it was more the principle of the thing haha.

I usually use Digirama as well. Sucks it didn't have what you wanted this time.

These two are pretty good:

http://www.amazon.com/MP3-Music-Download/b/ref=sv_m_7?ie=UTF8&node=163856011&tag=vglnk-c43-20

http://nz.7digital.com/

Hope that helps. Good luck!

You are a genius!! Tried Amazon but they will only download to US, but the second one has them and I have just dowloaded cd. I'm thrilled! Thanks Rich. :)

Yep, that's still my job, and I really love it. We have to do some abysmal programmes from time to time, but there are some good ones as well. And even the bad ones can be fun - complaining about them and ridiculing them with workmates. And the news and all its pressure is really exciting.

The workmates are awesome (if I may say so myself). We do heaps of social events, and we just have a lot of fun at work (there's a baking roster!) And the team leader for new recruits is fabulous and so amazing at training newbies.

But we're advertising for a full-timer, yeah? That has its drawbacks - mainly the changing shifts. I don't like the 7am-3:30 one! Plus the new recruit will be replacing a hugely popular captioner. Big shoes to fill!

But, yeah, I think it's a really awesome job. I'd definitely recommend applying if you're considering it. :)

Haha, it scared the bejesus out of me at first too, and I see the terror in the eyes of every newbie when they're about to do it for the first time. But you get used to it SO quickly.

And you don't get dumped straight into live captioning on your very first day. You only start doing the news when you're ready - usually about 6-8 weeks, I think.

It's a job that provides hours of nerdy fun. Last week we had a big discussion about how to describe the sound of jelly wobbling. It was fascinating! We went with "gloop!" in the end.

Edited by _Ed_

Hmm I was thinking about it, but I don't like the idea of live captioning. Seems terrifying.

You should go for it!!

So does your FACE!

*skips off into the night*

What the deuce! You are no Kiwi!

Haha, it scared the bejesus out of me at first too, and I see the terror in the eyes of every newbie when they're about to do it for the first time. But you get used to it SO quickly.

And you don't get dumped straight into live captioning on your very first day. You only start doing the news when you're ready - usually about 6-8 weeks, I think.

It's a job that provides hours of nerdy fun. Last week we had a big discussion about how to describe the sound of jelly wobbling. It was fascinating! We went with "gloop!" in the end.

It does sound pretty cool.

The job that is, not the sound of jelly wobbling.

Rich not only did I find the obscure band on that website, but it was also cheaper than Ituens. Score!

What the deuce!

I LOVE that saying, by the way!

Also, Rich and company, I would appreciate your ongoing silence about my irl presence. You are a small number, those who have seen my face. Let's keep it between us :shifty:

Ooh, secrecy. But sure, no problem. :)

Fantastic! What, pray tell, is the obscure band? I'm curious now.

Hahah, they are called Slot, a Russian band. The lead singer is called Nookie, and I am in loooove with her.

Don't engage him.

Also, Rich and company, I would appreciate your ongoing silence about my irl presence. You are a small number, those who have seen my face. Let's keep it between us :shifty:

I've never seen your face, and have no idea who you are in real life, haha so your secret is perfectly safe with me!

I LOVE that saying, by the way!

Ooh, secrecy. But sure, no problem. :)

Stewie is the best!

I've been growing steadily more and more obsessed with them. First heard of them about three or four years ago and couldn't really find much on them then. They have just released a couple of their songs in English, but I'm not that keen on them, they seem to lack somewhat, more romantic in Russian haha.

Haha, yeah, I get what you mean. Like Rammstein's songs in English are never quite the same.

I got completely sucked in to a new TV show at work today. It had this crazily dramatic first scene, and then it was all like "five months earlier..." And I'm thinking, "WHAT?! How did we get from this to that?!"

I'm gonna have to watch it all now, aren't I?