• 2 months later...

Today I was on YouTube and came across a fan-made video which incorporates scenes from Twilight but also shows Muse performing. They're supposedly performing a cover version of the old song "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" and maybe the song is them but the footage is actually taken from the "Starlight" video and cut to match some of the guitar, drum playing and singing so it appears you're watching them sing the other song.

The URL for the clip is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7JSBqVnmAM&NR=1&yt=&ytsession=Z_XzrJJ8xeBJBKHMlsvgdTesNnB7EcAi-0Q7QOfUafhyZ1w0w4qk0KPRNTBrvaHwymhWr4xnW-5uWAFeVxhfgvXpQrcKqbSuVhJteCYljCoDCHvmPrpO_5ysNGTORAUYmW3Xw8n6tOzXdmP9yN53ufCL_KmrPXM0JzAl_GiLXiBRQmhF8IJqfXKpPXR66Wwd-1LOA-SlaqtOsK46RsHamV1kB5syJtwf6XD3l7cqbJioVWBtF-hCbdr-asppHbquOSvt6gZZYhck117SO3PfibjSFygkLrG28fBosqLA-tqk2A1E2GHXTmSr_Iv0Y3jMkCLqx-av5-ftPgEokgJSgw

Why it has to be that long is anyone's guess (it's showing up on the thread preview in a very contracted form). It might be simpler just to search by song title. But what I was wondering is, can anyone confirm if this is in fact Muse singing this song, and if so is it on a movie soundtrack? Because I haven't heard it on any of their albums. And I think, even if it is them, that it's very deceitful to portray the clip as showing one song when it's a clip for another song.

They also performed it back in 2000 in what I believe was Bayside Jenny in Osaka. Matt introduced it as 'some dodgy cover'.

EDIT: Err, maybe not. It was Fuji Rock in 2002. Have my bootlegs mixed up.

Lol, some dodgy cover...

Not one of my faves of theirs. :noey:

But about the clip, I do notice those kinds of fan-made videos alot. Anyone can put something on there and tag it with whatever, I guess. There's tons of that kind of stuff out there, esp. if it has to do with Twilight. I suppose keeping your search terms very specific is the best way to avoid sifting through those types of vids.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I made this for an assignment i had towards the end of my first year of media production at college, I got given a distinction for it so im happy with that, but i was just wondering what you guys thought of it.. :happy:

A bit of background on the assignment, We were tasked with creating a music video from our interpretation of any song we wanted. We had to use some found footage from any other type of media we wanted and had to make it fit with the footage we captured ourselves. The found footage I used was 'The All-American Rejects' alt. video for 'The Wind Blows' and also from the video 'Courage' by 'Orianthi'

I directed, filmed and edited the video myself, hope you like it! :)

(Im not sure how to put the video inside of this post sorry :\)

I made this for an assignment i had towards the end of my first year of media production at college, I got given a distinction for it so im happy with that, but i was just wondering what you guys thought of it.. :happy:

A bit of background on the assignment, We were tasked with creating a music video from our interpretation of any song we wanted. We had to use some found footage from any other type of media we wanted and had to make it fit with the footage we captured ourselves. The found footage I used was 'The All-American Rejects' alt. video for 'The Wind Blows' and also from the video 'Courage' by 'Orianthi'

I directed, filmed and edited the video myself, hope you like it! :)

(Im not sure how to put the video inside of this post sorry :\)

That's nice!:happy: What's the song in the end?

I enjoyed it. I liked the use of the sunset at 2.40 in the background.

Well done! :)

That's nice!:happy: What's the song in the end?

thank you both! the song at the end is 'The Rasmus - Livin in a world without you (acoustic version)' (

)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived