Hullabaloo DVD

idealist

Anyone spot the bit on disc 2 with matt and his hand up the ladys skirt on the tour bus,she appears to be snogging dom and chris is laughing? :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

No!!! Is that really on there? Gah, I gotta watch it later!

Bythe way, howcome so many Hullbaloo threads have sprung up recently?

No!!! Is that really on there? Gah, I gotta watch it later!

Bythe way, howcome so many Hullbaloo threads have sprung up recently?

because everyone wonder if they're gonna released the absolution tour dvd !

everyone has the dvd thing in mind so it makes think of hullabaloo...and as it's not officially said that it's gonna be one everyone comfort her/himself watching hullabaloo :happy:

anyway...i guess it's that ! it's just my interpretation...

because everyone wonder if they're gonna released the absolution tour dvd !

everyone has the dvd thing in mind so it makes think of hullabaloo...and as it's not officially said that it's gonna be one everyone comfort her/himself watching hullabaloo :happy:

anyway...i guess it's that ! it's just my interpretation...

You're probably right :)

Hi Sir

I don t agree with your complaining about the way this live stuff is filmed .

At first i was like u "what the fuck with this MTV s epileptic recording ?"

But then i ve watched it over and over again and I was thinking "well finally it s terrific and innovative"

And yes it is .

So it s just a matter of taste .

To u it s unbearable, to me it s a great and unique live

See, this is where I disagree with most people on the DVD, I thought it was brilliant for a concert DVD, I do a ton of editing myself and music videos are my style. And honestly most live DVDs bore me to death because it's only a few angles and you feel disconnected; to the music, the crowd, and the band. But I was overjoyed when I saw Hullabaloo, I felt like I was in the crowd moshing and jumping around all nuts while watching it. Just made the whole concert way more intense, and I loved it. I even told Tom this when I met him in Atlanta(and why I had him sign my Hullabaloo DVD), so many angles, well timed, and just in your face. See any other band might be dumb to do this with, but Muse, their live shows are so much more energetic that a normal DVD wouldn't give you the same feeling, so it really made perfect sense to me.

Again, great job Tom.

Anyway, just my tid bit of info there.

Im a tad shocked that people are finding Hullaballoo difficult to watch. For me the editing and direction seems pretty laid back and allows us to see the band, believe we are actually there.

The Placebo DVD is far more confused and epilectic.

But the whole point of the style is how you would feel if you were at the gig. If they had 3 cameras and edited them in a more straight foward way people would accuse Muse of being boring. C'mon, we dont want to turn Muse into Cliff Richard. With a documentary about Flowers and then have Cilla Black performing Micro Cuts half way through.

Muse play with a raw energy and this is exlempified in the visuals for the DVD.

Maybe one reason for the large amount of threads is Christmas. Some people might've got it as a present, like me :rolleyes:

I haven't watched the whole dvd, only 10 songs from the 1st disc, and i was pretty annoyed by the direction. Maybe i'll get used to it, is it that bad or will it be better towards the end?

I think the era of "static" video/DVD concerts is over. We have TV and web footage of that kind, but people buy DVD to have something special, something more, like the options you can't have while watching TV or webcast.

Hullabaloo allows us to choose the angle from which we can watch the show, or split screen view. There are a couple of songs that you can choose 3 different options to watch. That's great I think.

However I must say some of the angles were not perfect ideas, like the camera put on Matt's mike, as from that angle Matt's face looks horrible, you can see the insides of his nostrils :eek:

Archived