Please could we get Other Music cleaned out?

Alec Ferris

• 3 weeks later...
May I suggest you to force all new accounts' first few posts to require mod approval? Maybe that will stop it?

We decided against that, since we do not want new users to feel discouraged.

We are taking the matter seriously, but the posts are not blockable based on links alone at present, since they have found a way around that.

We've done some tweaking with the anti-spam software so hopefully many more of these threads will get caught for moderation. I'm sure a few will still find their way through so we'd appreciate reports, but should be substantially less.

If you're able to recognise any common patterns on the spam that gets through do let me know so we can update/create algorithms to moderate them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
We've done some tweaking with the anti-spam software so hopefully many more of these threads will get caught for moderation. I'm sure a few will still find their way through so we'd appreciate reports, but should be substantially less.

If you're able to recognise any common patterns on the spam that gets through do let me know so we can update/create algorithms to moderate them.

Well, at least now that I check this forum once in a long distant while, I don't seem to see any spam thread popping up randomly in an area! Thanks guys! :D