Ticket Touts -Fuming

cpawley

I’m disgusted, having followed Muse for years and attended most gigs since 2001 this morning, a group of 6 of us from all over, who always enjoy a meet up whenever Muse play live, didn’t get a look in this morning when tickets went on sale with the pre-sale link. 2 of us can’t go on the internet at work so rely on other friends who can when tickets go on sale. Everything sold out quickly and now they are being sold on ticket agencies and EBAY in excess of double the ticket price. This issue needs to be visited and addressed by the band as well. These greedy ticket touts and EBAY sellers are denying genuine fans of the band the chance to go and see them. Tickets are selling for over £135 on EBAY and up to £180 each. This has really angered me today. It has to stop.:mad:

What pissses me off is that these tickets were pre-sale for fans!!!

So is it fans selling tickets!!!

Nah, that reasoning is incorrect imo. Not to say all fans are perfect people, but since all that is required to get into the fan presale is a membership on muse.mu, I'm sure touts just do those few clicks to get in. Just means we need a better system.

i think the only way forward is to do something like u2 did on their current tour

'The credit card used for this order represents your ticket(s) to the event. To enter the venue on the day of the event, please present your credit card along with a valid photo ID to our venue staff.'

however that system was only for standing tickets. and with ticketmaster now owning seatwave, it seems everyone wants a piece of the re-seller action :rolleyes:

We already have a thread for touting and scalping so please use it http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=57119&page=66

As long as there are people willing to pay inflated prices for second hand tickets there will be touts furthermore no system is perfect and having witness several sales over the year whatever system they choose there is always people complaining.