What if he actually got some minor lasting damages from the laryngitis? I've heard that it is possible, but I don't know where I heard it though so don't take my word for it

I doubt it. I've heard him alot worse than he has been these past gigs. He sounds abit constricted and nasal, might aswell be a minor cold, small infection of some sorts or that he's abit out of shape due to the lack of consistent touring and singing. He sounded great on some of the club gigs so I doubt he has taken any permanent damage.

I doubt it. I've heard him alot worse than he has been these past gigs. He sounds abit constricted and nasal, might aswell be a minor cold, small infection of some sorts or that he's abit out of shape due to the lack of consistent touring and singing. He sounded great on some of the club gigs so I doubt he has taken any permanent damage.

I personally think he's just tired. Working with Mutt must be a freaking challenge

I personally think he's just tired. Working with Mutt must be a freaking challenge

Very doubtful. It might have been challenging at the time, but nothing that would stick with them for more than a couple of weeks top. It has been many months since the vocals were finalized for the album, he has had plenty of time to recover since then.

Very doubtful. It might have been challenging at the time, but nothing that would stick with them for more than a couple of weeks top. It has been many months since the vocals were finalized for the album, he has had plenty of time to recover since then.

The thing is that he had not that much time. He had to rehearse all the songs (remember they intend to play the entire album) plus intensively rehearsing some of the old ones. Even for Matt that must be tiring

Couldn't it just be that his vocals are moving away from the falsetto range as he gets older? It's clearly more difficult for him to reach the high notes these days, he really has to strain.

It can. I guess everyone is just trying to avoid the fact that he's getting older and his voice is probably decaying xD

It can. I guess everyone is just trying to avoid the fact that he's getting older and his voice is probably decaying xD

Probably not decaying, just changing. His voice in normal range is still pretty good i think, just not so much on the higher ranges.

Probably not decaying, just changing. His voice in normal range is still pretty good i think, just not so much on the higher ranges.

Yeah, decaying is not the right word. I just meant his voice is clearly getting older. Still he can deliver excelent and beautiful vocals

That's abit ironic since T2L is the most challenging album to date in terms of vocals, and it seems that Drones will be equally hard. He is getting older, but he is also getting technically better along the way. He will lose some of his top range, but that wasn't the problem yesterday.

That's abit ironic since T2L is the most challenging album to date in terms of vocals, and it seems that Drones will be equally hard. He is getting older, but he is also getting technically better along the way. He will lose some of his top range, but that wasn't the problem yesterday.

No doubt he had a bad day yesterday and i'm not saying his voice is failing, i'm saying his voice is in the middle of changing.

Tbh I think this album will be much easier. Psycho is already easier than pretty much every song on T2L, and I'd actually say he same goes for Reapers. Mercy is pretty much like Follow Me imo. Follow Me goes higher, but Mercy has G4s all over the place.

But regarding Matt losing his high range, that's obviously happening, but the weird thing is that it has happened so damn fast, which makes you wonder if there are any other issues. A logical explanation would be that he's unfit, but it doesn't really look like it.

Tbh I think this album will be much easier. Psycho is already easier than pretty much every song on T2L, and I'd actually say he same goes for Reapers. Mercy is pretty much like Follow Me imo. Follow Me goes higher, but Mercy has G4s all over the place.

But regarding Matt losing his high range, that's obviously happening, but the weird thing is that it has happened so damn fast, which makes you wonder if there are any other issues. A logical explanation would be that he's unfit, but it doesn't really look like it.

Yeah it does seem to have happened pretty quickly. He may have a little throat issue or something, it's not like he's going to announce every little ailment he may have.

Maybe not equally hard, but still it doesn't seem like he has taken any loss of vocal range into consideration when writing Dead Inside and Mercy atleast. It's way too early to make any conclusions whether his voice has degraded or not. He gets out of breath pretty quickly now, but I remember several gigs during the start of the TR tour which was equally bad.

nope.

there's been multiple reviews now that state it's babe. Also, first and third choruses:

definitely doesn't sing baby. Same here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-f9R0na3Pg . He takes a breath after singing babe so i can understand the confusion but it's definitely babe. Plus you can clearly see/hear Chris sing a one syllable "babe" not baby.

Maybe not equally hard, but still it doesn't seem like he has taken any loss of vocal range into consideration when writing Dead Inside and Mercy atleast. It's way too early to make any conclusions whether his voice has degraded or not. He gets out of breath pretty quickly now, but I remember several gigs during the start of the TR tour which was equally bad.

Yeah could be just down to lack of live practise and the fact that he's getting older or like a few other people said it could be down to fitness as well, he doesn't look overly unfit but being slim and being fit are two different things.

Losing range->working harder to reach notes->getting tired quickly.

But I'm just speculating. Honestly I think it has a lot to do with fitness.

I think so too. Give him some consistent touring and his vocals will adapt to the stress they suffer through singing. I recall many of the gigs where I've heard him struggle have been gigs that have been outside the tour-cycle.

there's been multiple reviews now that state it's babe. Also, first and third choruses:
definitely doesn't sing baby. Same here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-f9R0na3Pg . He takes a breath after singing babe so i can understand the confusion but it's definitely babe. Plus you can clearly see/hear Chris sing a one syllable "babe" not baby.
Oh no I get it now. I heard the I in CIA as both I and A, and the A becomes Ba, and the Babe becomes By (pronounced "baybay" basically).

Yeah, Babe is right.