2014.06.23 - Bremen (venue unknown) - unconfirmed

ChristiaanW

Awesome, Muse are coming to my city :D

Since our football stadium is not suited for concert events anymore (it was in the 90's), I am guessing Muse will play the "ÖVB Arena" next to the main station. The venue can hold up to 14.000 people.

But who knows, maybe the date is a "leaked" club show that they are playing one day after they close the Hurricane Festival in Scheeßel. Which is pure speculation and not confirmed.

Awesome, Muse are coming to my city :D

Since our football stadium is not suited for concert events anymore (it was in the 90's), I am guessing Muse will play the "ÖVB Arena" next to the main station. The venue can hold up to 14.000 people.

But who knows, maybe the date is a "leaked" club show that they are playing one day after they close the Hurricane Festival in Scheeßel. Which is pure speculation and not confirmed.

It says "Exclusive show" so that probably rules out Hurricane, doesn't it?

And Tjet, yeah, you're right, just supposed it was.

It says "Exclusive show" so that probably rules out Hurricane, doesn't it?

Not really, because concert agencies tend to overuse the word "exclusive" for promotional purposes. It is common, that festival appearances don't count as a show when it comes to marketing for tours. Example: Metallica are playing an "exclusive stadium show in Hamburg". So says eventim. But they are also playing Rock am Ring and Rock im Park, so there goes the "exclusive"...

Not really, because concert agencies tend to overuse the word "exclusive" for promotional purposes. It is common, that festival appearances don't count as a show when it comes to marketing for tours. Example: Metallica are playing an "exclusive stadium show in Hamburg". So says eventim. But they are also playing Rock am Ring and Rock im Park, so there goes the "exclusive"...

for me its kind of the same. I dont count an appearance on a festival not as an normal gig. On an stadium gig there are mostly "real" fans, you have a better atmosphere and in my opinion a better view and sound. So i understand when they are making differences between stadium and festival gig...

Btw on festivals I am often to much drunken to enjoy the bands really, but I can just talk for myself :LOL:

ChristiaanW,

so apparently the news have left me somewhere out of this world for a good half an hour until I realized it was time to get back on Earth and do the thing that I hate normally, but it's more than needed in this case to save me from a major heartbreak later ;)

To put it short - where is the information about the gig coming from primarily? Or the link on ticketmaster is the only proof and you've found it by chance? :)

ChristiaanW,

so apparently the news have left me somewhere out of this world for a good half an hour until I realized it was time to get back on Earth and do the thing that I hate normally, but it's more than needed in this case to save me from a major heartbreak later ;)

To put it short - where is the information about the gig coming from primarily? Or the link on ticketmaster is the only proof and you've found it by chance? :)

Lol. This page poped up on the german ticketmaster page and yess,until now it's the only proof. I think an announcement will follow soon.

ChristiaanW,

in yooooou wooooorld

• 3 weeks later...
This pretty much also confirms their appearance at Hurricane and Southside Festival

I'd say it's the opposite. Ticketmaster works with CreativeTalent, Muse's promoter in Germany, while the promoter of Hurricane is partly owned by Eventim. This date has to be a headline show in Bremen, as Ticketmaster doesn't sell tickets to Hurricane fest. So the only possibility would be Southside on Friday, Bemen on Saturday and Hurricane on Sunday. Even when they were playing three nights at Staples Centre last year, there was a day off in-between. It's not impossible that they would play three nights in a row, but pretty unlikely I'd say.

I'd say it's the opposite. Ticketmaster works with CreativeTalent, Muse's promoter in Germany, while the promoter of Hurricane is partly owned by Eventim. This date has to be a headline show in Bremen, as Ticketmaster doesn't sell tickets to Hurricane fest. So the only possibility would be Southside on Friday, Bemen on Saturday and Hurricane on Sunday. Even when they were playing three nights at Staples Centre last year, there was a day off in-between. It's not impossible that they would play three nights in a row, but pretty unlikely I'd say.

Three of the Mexico City dates were in a row.

Three of the Mexico City dates were in a row.

Forgot about that one. But still there wasn't any travelling involved in Mexico City. Between Southside and Bremen are about 750 km. As I said, I don't rule it out completely, other bands do this all the time, I just think it's unlikely. Or better said, the possibility was higher when the date was still the 23rd.

On the other hand, playing a one-off show in a town less than an hour drive away from a major music festival that shares the main target group and not being involved with that festival doesn't make any sense either. Guess all we can do is to wait for some official announcement.

Who knows, if they changed the date once they can change it again.

And I still think there's a pretty big chance this Bremen gig will not happen at all.

Ok, now they didnt changed the date again they deleted the date completely. So I think there will be no show in Bremen at all. It just says "Muse are coming for an exclusive show to Germany". But this can also mean in 2015... :rolleyes::(

More likely that Ticketmaster got in shit for publishing the date before the gig is confirmed (Guessing they are still negotiating with venues & dates)

Same thing happened when the UK cinema Showcase released tickets early for the 4k Movie last November before it was announced on .mu

one of the organizers for the Hurricane / Southside Festival hinted that Muse are playing the two Festivals by writing in the official Southside forums that he "just talked to Matthew about when they will meet to trink port wine on Friday".

This would make the following schedule possible:

Friday, 27th June: Southside Festival

Saturday, 28th June: Bremen gig

Sunday, 29th June: Hurricane Festival

Because Scheeßel is very close to Bremen (and a lot of people will be there), a possible gig in Bremen would be a club show, possibly at the Aladin, where Muse played... 2001 (?). Capacity at this venue is 2.000 or 3.000 I think...

Edited by lars.fm

one of the organizers for the Hurricane / Southside Festival hinted that Muse are playing the two Festivals by writing in the official Southside forums that he "just talked to Matthew about when they will meet to trink port wine on Friday".

This would make the following schedule possible:

Friday, 27th June: Southside Festival

Saturday, 28th June: Bremen gig

Sunday, 29th June: Hurricane Festival

Because Scheeßel is very close to Bremen (and a lot of people will be there), a possible gig in Bremen would be a club show, possibly at the Aladin, where Muse played... 2001 (?). Capacity at this venue is 2.000 or 3.000 I think...

Oh no. :rolleyes:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: