Avoiding hearing troubles

Aerotec

Hi !

I use cheap ear protections during concerts but I'm not satisfied with them. They change the sound and I have a buzz in my ears after a show. And I don't want to go deaf....

What kind of protection do you use ? Do you know something that can avoid buzz after a concert ?

I just use regular earplugs :LOL:

I'd suggest going to a music store or audio equipment store and buying a set of washable, fitted size earplugs. Naturally, you will lose a little bit of the tone, even with the most expensive but some of the 'cheaper' ones will suffice.

A store won't be the best place to try them to see how they go but hopefully there are some guides on the net and others here to help. :)

Funny this topic was brought up, I was just about to buy a pair today but Switzerland is fucking expensive :LOL:

Both my brother (who has gone to vastly more concerts than I have) and I use the Etymotic plugs linked above. We absolutely love them and have no problems with our ears ringing after concerts. The best way for me to describe them is that they dampen the volume without muffling any sound, unlike foam plugs that tend to muffle higher frequencies like vocals. Wearing them doesn't affect my enjoyment of the concert at all.

Yesterday, I tried Alpine MusicSafe Pro with the highest protection (the gold filter) at a Radiohead concert. They are far better than my other earplugs. I didn't notice a change in the sound and I didn't have ears ringing problem this morning.

So thanks for your advices !

Yesterday, I tried Alpine MusicSafe Pro with the highest protection (the gold filter) at a Radiohead concert. They are far better than my other earplugs. I didn't notice a change in the sound and I didn't have ears ringing problem this morning.

So thanks for your advices !

Superb! Glad to hear they make a difference, or not make a difference but make a difference etc;

I'm going to have to look into them now. :LOL:

Archived