I was never good at trying to do homework and listen to music at the same time. Even now I find it distracting. It doesn't really make sense either, I mean, what's the point? You can't fully enjoy or absorb either thing that way. I can do it, like at the gym where the radio is playing and I'm trying to read a book, but in that case, I'm trying my best to ignore the music! But yeah, I can see where listening to instrumentals would be easier.

I was never good at trying to do homework and listen to music at the same time. Even now I find it distracting. It doesn't really make sense either, I mean, what's the point? You can't fully enjoy or absorb either thing that way. I can do it, like at the gym where the radio is playing and I'm trying to read a book, but in that case, I'm trying my best to ignore the music! But yeah, I can see where listening to instrumentals would be easier.

I think it just depends what kind of person you are, I always do better... But then if you're easily distracted then it's not a good idea. However it also depends what subject you're doing, like creatively it's supposed to be great to have influences such as music, but when it's more logic music would just be in the way! :)

I think it just depends what kind of person you are, I always do better... But then if you're easily distracted then it's not a good idea. However it also depends what subject you're doing, like creatively it's supposed to be great to have influences such as music, but when it's more logic music would just be in the way! :)

Yeah, I agree with that. I can listen to music while doing some sort of creative project, but not writing a term paper or something. Not that I write term papers anymore. I listen to music while cooking and vacuuming. :awesome::$

Archived