Okay, so my Muse obsession is negatively affecting my school performance. My parents are starting to get really annoyed with me. I never do ANY homework because I just listen to music (mainly Muse) all the time and watch Muse videos on Youtube! It's not okay! I want to stop but I keep ending up going back to listening to music! How do I go about changing? I need balancee!

1. DO NOT get addicted to the forum.

2. Listen to other bands. That is the best possible way to end the obsession. If you like many bands, it will take your attention away from just one.

3. Recognize that Muse is not as amazing as we'd like to think. They're just people, they have flaws too. Don't idolize them.

Good luck :)

I can completely understand this ;)

Ok, so what I suggest you do is, whenever you have homework you need to do, instead of just ignoring it and doing Musey things, just sit down, and force yourself to do the work. You need to be proactive and take control, maybe even make a little mantra that will make you motivated to get the work done.

When you've got all of your homework done, then you can allow yourself some time to do whatever else you want to do. Make sure its in that order. Do the hard work, then get the reward.

If your homework is anything like mine, then its not even that bad. It can be done fairly quickly, and its really nothing too worrying or daunting anyway.

If I could give you any other advice, it would be to not fall into the habit of procrastination. I can tell you from experience that its not the best habit to have :indiff:

Good luck! :happy:

edit: I sound like a mum :facepalm:

What I do is: I just say to myself that all the schoolwork I do, I only do for Muse. You know, like "Try to have good grades, so your parents are more likely to allow you to go to their concerts" - in my case it was the Wembley gig and I worked really hard, because I thought "Wembley is commiiiiiing!". In fact I'm a bit embarrassed by the way I'm thinking about Muse. I feel like I'm obsessed and that's actually kinda creepy. But, well, it works.

So you spend about 8 hours a day doing nothing but listening to Muse, and watching videos with them?

Well I don't spend all my time doing that but definately most of it, the main part is that it replaces my homework time and I think I can save it for a really late time, and then I end up falling asleep before I can do it. It's really sad, I think I just need to stop being so lazy!..:$

Sometimes I have the same problem but you should just go to a room where there is not tv or computer (like kitchen) and make yourself do it,and try to do your homework as soon as you come home after school because then you won't have to worry about it...

I don't really like listening to music while I'm studying or doing homework because I end up not paying attention on my homework(but if you can do it,then great)...

And try to go outside,because it's not really healthy to be indoors so much,you'll be able to look at muse videos whenever you want,they are not going anywhere and you don't have to watch all of them ,there's like 32131 videos that I haven't watched and I still don't feel like watching them... ;)

Archived