Showbiz recording

Seffie

Is it me or is all this teal dear arguing starting to get a bit OT?

as cheddatom said, if it's relevant to recording and not just generally looking for some sort of bullshittery argument, then go for it, otherwise, kindly fuck off please?

I'm not trying to insult anyone, but the art of recording is slowly dying no matter the technological advancements. It's always going to be there, always going to be commercial studios (which close down at a shocking rate) but to be honest you really need to think 10 years ahead, and in this world with Steve Jobs and his empire, 10 years is a long time compared to what it was a few decades ago. The Ipod was only being developed at the start of the decade, an iPhone would have blown your mind back then.....

If you can make a career, great, but it will cost you everything you own, your soul, your social life and the best years of your life.

If you're good go for it, but if you're average, you're in competition with thousands more like you that spam every potential employer with CVs and the like every day. I've seen people with a Masters not in very great jobs and the fees for education is probably going to send shockwaves through a generation.

I think the nearest Uni from me does a lot of research for AVID previously Digidesign, and after all that what do they give in return? Shame for even expecting something.

10 years is a long time compared to what it was a few decades ago. The Ipod was only being developed at the start of the decade, an iPhone would have blown your mind back then.....

Not mine, I've always been ahead of the technology curve. 10 years ago I already had a Playstation 4 and a Playstation 5 because my uncle works for Sony but you're not allowed to come round my house and play on them because they're only meant to be out in Japan at the moment...what was this thread about again?

Novus - So basically, you wanted to rant about how it's difficult to get work as a recording engineer? That has nothing to do with this thread. If it were down to me, you'd be sectioned.

Hey, ok.

Choose your path in education, but the question is ''what are you going to do with it?'' what is your path, what is it that you want to do and why is a degree in any subject for that matter going to help you achieve that?

So yea, Showbiz.

Hey, ok.

Choose your path in education, but the question is ''what are you going to do with it?'' what is your path, what is it that you want to do and why is a degree in any subject for that matter going to help you achieve that?

So yea, Showbiz.

well, no, in the context of this thread, the question is

Hey guys, Now im doing my 3rd year uni project on replicating Showbiz and Unnatural Selection. At the moment i'm just looking at Showbiz and need some help. Anyone got any websites, books, interviews, vids etc on how muse recorded showbiz looking at things like equipment used...

Not

Hi guys i'm 17 and trying to decide what to do in the future. I'm interested in recording bands. Do you think a music tech degree will help? How easy will it be for me to find work?

Sorry if it seems i'm being a dick about this, but your posts have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

I thought the first lesson of music production was not to go about being a dick because then no one wants to work with you?

If you want work in it, it's just as much about easy you are to work with, your networking skills and all that just as much as your actual abilities to make good recordings.

I thought the first lesson of music production was not to go about being a dick because then no one wants to work with you?

If you want work in it, it's just as much about easy you are to work with, your networking skills and all that just as much as your actual abilities to make good recordings.

Well of course, you could know everyone in the biz and be good to work with but that still won't make a difference if they all know you're shit :LOL: But then again, there's a lot of shit that somehow goes somewhere in the music biz.

jb.jpg

Archived