Why can't I upload my avatar??!

battenburgqueen

Hey kev, if Jack Bauer had a fight with Arnie, whose side would you be on?

a fictional person and a real person can't find, thats too confusing. arnie vs kiefer, i'd say kiefer. john matrix vs jack bauer i'd go matrix!

Aside from the Arnie question: i saved said image from my 'my space' page onto my desktop and renamed it.

Not sure then why it's still not uploading. Any ideas?

And are you a technical-muse-site person, or just technical?

Kev is the dark master of javascript and sometimes php.

Only thing i can think of off hand is try another browser? Could be the one you are using malforming the file in the file upload? Also firewall MAY be an issue.......

Guest Chizzleface
I've tried it now in IE6 (I've also tried it in Firefox) and I'm still getting the same error message.

Maybe it is a firewall issue - is there any easy way around this?

I'm losing the will to live here....

Get yourself a photobucket account and upload it there. Then follow these steps:

1: copy the url of the picture from the photobucket account page.

2: Go to Edit Avatar.

3: Paste the url into the bit that says "Enter the url to the image on another website.

4: Click save changes.

That should work, if it doesn't then try another image for test purposes. If THAT doesn't work then I dunno. But it worked for me when I tested it so I don't see why it shouldn't work for you. Your firewall settings shouldn't be stopping you putting a web-based photo as your avatar.

is that right? i just uploaded it through the admin panel. it wont be firewall and pretty sure it won't be browser, i'm not sure why you're getting the error on the resized version :-/ i'd advise trying other images maybe to see if it works for you it should do, specially url ones and if you're still getting problems i can try isolate them but i dont think the system is broken.

Guest Chizzleface
is that right? i just uploaded it through the admin panel. it wont be firewall and pretty sure it won't be browser, i'm not sure why you're getting the error on the resized version :-/ i'd advise trying other images maybe to see if it works for you it should do, specially url ones and if you're still getting problems i can try isolate them but i dont think the system is broken.

By the looks of it she's got it working :D

Guest Chizzleface
i did that for her ;)

Wow! I see my avatar! Thanks to whoever uploaded this for me, I am forever in your debt. :rolleyes:

Kev, you've pulled! :D

• 1 month later...

Archived