i never understood the hate for undisclosed desires. I totally agree that live is a downer and shouldn't be played. But the studio version is a completely different story. There are so many layers to the song with the slap bass, strings, vocal harmonies and keytar. It is so intricate and they all blend together perfectly. I always hear other musers complain about how the lyrics are cheesy but i do not see that AT ALL! come on people, neutron star collision is cheesy. Guiding light is cheesy. But i think undisclosed desires is in a completely different league lyrically than "our love would be forever, and if we die, we die together" It is new, it is unique, it is muse.

It's different for Muse, but it's far from unique & new. As far as electronic music goes, it's relatively amateurish and old hat. That's not to say it's a good or a bad song, just claims like that are pretty daft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W_AtlaVt_M

That's my major with the last couple of albums, it's just becoming Muse doing a song in genre x/y/z, not adding their own edge to it beyond Matt's voice and not necessarily doing it all that well.

Archived