Dallas, Texas.

Dedicated :yesey:

That is PLENTY soon enough! At the Mariner's show, I got there at eleven and still got a really good spot at barrier. It also depends on the length of the barrier, y'know? But tbh, don't worry about it... I was standing next to a guy who got there at like, noon! I think the only reason you might want to get there a tad bit early is if you want to secure a spot in front of Matt, :LOL:

Hmm. I might just start queuing at 9 or 10 then :shifty:

The later the better. Maybe 9:30. Haha I don't know, first time queuing. I'm a bit of a noob with this :LOL:

Hey everyone! I haven't posted anything for MONTHS since I saw Muse in Baltimore/Fairfax. I'm now finally ready to get stoked about Charlottesville! Anyone know of good hotels there? This time we will be bringing our two oldest to their very first concert ever! Only appropriate they see MUSE! We are jokingly calling it a "Muse-cation". Got seats this time. I HOPE we don't get seat potatoes...

I'm liking Metric... SSP were alright. The kids are loving both bands, so this will be a great night!

Hey everyone! I haven't posted anything for MONTHS since I saw Muse in Baltimore/Fairfax. I'm now finally ready to get stoked about Charlottesville! Anyone know of good hotels there? This time we will be bringing our two oldest to their very first concert ever! Only appropriate they see MUSE! We are jokingly calling it a "Muse-cation". Got seats this time. I HOPE we don't get seat potatoes...

I'm liking Metric... SSP were alright. The kids are loving both bands, so this will be a great night!

Welcome back to the boards! :)

I've never been to this area before so I don't really know too much about the hotels. But they have a Hampton Inn nearby (which me and my family will be staying in) and a few others that seem pretty nice. Other people could probably give you a better idea of what's around. Haha I know absolutely nothing about the surroundings of the arena :$:LOL:

Did you get your tickets from Concert Maps or just now purchased them? Still haven't received ours, but usually Concert Maps do not put them out until a couple weeks before a gig.

How has seats and who has pit? I usually get the pit, but because of the kiddos, seats are necessity... and I can finally enjoy a drink during the show!

Did you get your tickets from Concert Maps or just now purchased them? Still haven't received ours, but usually Concert Maps do not put them out until a couple weeks before a gig.

How has seats and who has pit? I usually get the pit, but because of the kiddos, seats are necessity... and I can finally enjoy a drink during the show!

i has ga :) . your kids are coming?

i has ga :) . your kids are coming?

Yuppers. They are so excited. We are already looking at good quality ear plugs for them. They are old enough now to go. They LOVE Muse! (Hey, gotta raise them right). They really like Metric too, so this will be a double whammy. I'm excited for them! :D It is my duty as a parent that if they are to rock out, you have do it properly. I will also show them how not to be a seat potato!

Our seats are on Matt's side and very close! We are in section 114 and 3 or 4 rows up. Still waiting for our tickets.

The important stuff:

Concessions

John Paul Jones Arena offers a wide variety of delicious dining options at more than sixty points of sale. Debit/Credit cards are accepted at most points of sale.

Specialty stands include:

* Wings 'N Things (Chicken wings, Barbeque Pork sandwiches, Chicken Tenders, and Boardwalk French Fries

* Domino's Pizza

* Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream (featuring hot, off the griddle waffle cones)

Other available favorites include:

* Fresh Grab-N-Go Wraps (w/ additional healthy options)

* Hamburgers & Cheeseburgers (w/ fresh toppings bar)

* Hotdogs- Smithfield All-beef franks

* Freshly Popped Pop Corn

* Grilled Chicken Sandwiches

* Philly Cheese Steaks

* Nachos

* Dip-N-Dots

* Cotton Candy

All complemented by:

* Pepsi Products (Fountain and Bottle)

* Aquafina Bottled Water

* Freshly Squeezed Lemonade

WHERE IS THE BEER? LOL!

Yuppers. They are so excited. We are already looking at good quality ear plugs for them. They are old enough now to go. They LOVE Muse! (Hey, gotta raise them right). They really like Metric too, so this will be a double whammy. I'm excited for them! :D It is my duty as a parent that if they are to rock out, you have do it properly. I will also show them how not to be a seat potato!

Our seats are on Matt's side and very close! We are in section 114 and 3 or 4 rows up. Still waiting for our tickets.

You are an awesome Muse parent! :awesome:

Me and my brother have GA. But my little sister, mom, and dad are going and they will be seated :yesey:

Pit for me! Me and my mom will be dead in line because we will be coming from the Raleigh show!

Pit for me! Me and my mom will be dead in line because we will be coming from the Raleigh show!

A: Wear gel inserts in shoes and have a new pair for each gig. Feet will be happy.

B: Drink LOTS of fluids

C: Get compression socks to help with circulation (or "sheer energy" hose) in legs

D: You'll be so pumped, your tiredness will be overcome by excitement! I don't know about Charlottesville, but some venues let you sit in line, others force those waiting to stand the entire time because of the turn on bouncers get to torture us. They let us finally sit down once we got inside at Fairfax and "staked" our claim on the floor. Las Vegas, we had to stand and stand again inside. Of course, I was at the barrier and didn't want to give that up easily! :D

I don't suppose anyone has an extra GA ticket? I'm quite literally interviewing people who want to queue with me in the morning. I think I've finally got someone who's really up for it, but he needs an extra ticket :) .

Can't wait to meet everyone! especially you awesome ones coming with fams

I don't suppose anyone has an extra GA ticket? I'm quite literally interviewing people who want to queue with me in the morning. I think I've finally got someone who's really up for it, but he needs an extra ticket :) .

Can't wait to meet everyone! especially you awesome ones coming with fams

I hope you can find an extra GA ticket!

What time do you plan on getting there to start queuing?

A: Wear gel inserts in shoes and have a new pair for each gig. Feet will be happy.

C: Get compression socks to help with circulation (or "sheer energy" hose) in legs

D: You'll be so pumped, your tiredness will be overcome by excitement! I don't know about Charlottesville, but some venues let you sit in line, others force those waiting to stand the entire time because of the turn on bouncers get to torture us. They let us finally sit down once we got inside at Fairfax and "staked" our claim on the floor. Las Vegas, we had to stand and stand again inside. Of course, I was at the barrier and didn't want to give that up easily! :D

Wow! That is a lot of advise. Thanks for all of the tips. I sure hope they let us sit in line. I was even going to bring a chair. I've only done this once before (Atlanta) and it was cake. We had it so easy there, I am not sure if I'm prepared well enough for Raleigh and Charlottesville!

They had the same security guys at Fairfax as they had in Baltimore and they did that there too. I thought it was great because you could actually leave your barrier spot to go to the toilet or buy merch and get right back in your spot where you were before it started! :awesome:

I was wondering this...if anybody has been here for a concert before and if there was one main entrance or more than one to go in for the GA area?

Archived