Exogenesis inspiration??

joffoir

Well I've just watched the Truman Show for the first time ever and whilst watching the end, just after the storm subsides, the music reminded me very much of Exogenesis (redemption). I maybe barking mad, but the theme of that section is kind of similar, escaping from an old world because its gone bad and trying to find a new world. Also the piano music towards the end of the credits sounds very much like Chopins Nocturne aka collateral damage.

Could this be partly responsible for Exogenesis? After all, they must watch a heck of a lot of films on that tour bus........

Matt mentioned in the past that he listens to Philip Glass.

tbh I hear more of a Glass influence in Overture with the stings than in Redemption. Redemption seems inspired to me by Liszt Liebenstraume but the beginning of it has some Glass influence in the structure more than the melody (personal opinion of course)

If you're talking about the theme at the beginning of the video, it's a lot more complicated than Redemption. Yeah, I hear similarities, probably it's in the same key or something like that. But Redemption is pretty simple.

EDIT: Well obviously you'd be talking about the first song, I didn't know that the songs were changing movies until JUST NOW. :facepalm:

• 1 year later...

Archived