Morello graduated in 1982 and began attending Harvard University. There he made a point of practicing every day for up to eight hours without fail, no matter how much studying he had to do. He graduated in 1986 with an honors degree in political science

wow....he graduated in the year i was born! :LOL: didnt think he's that old! :D

wow weresodisco, you sure know a lot about Radiohead! is Paranoid Android in The Bends?? and when you say Broody.. do you mean dark and creepy like the OOS feel?

lol and i may not know the Time Highway Radio, but i have bought a casette before okay!!! :p i used to have lotsa casettes because they were cheap! until i found the benefits of getting pasar malam cds :p

wow weresodisco, you sure know a lot about Radiohead! is Paranoid Android in The Bends?? and when you say Broody.. do you mean dark and creepy like the OOS feel?

lol and i may not know the Time Highway Radio, but i have bought a casette before okay!!! :p i used to have lotsa casettes because they were cheap! until i found the benefits of getting pasar malam cds :p

Paranoid is from OK Computer actually. One of my many fav albums of all time =) But there was also another great prog rock album released that year (1997) that has remained largely forgotten - Mansun's "Six" album. An epic album that made even OK Computer seem rather "normal", IMHO.

Sorry to sidetrack also. Betul ke Pearl Jam coming to town? Who's bringing 'em in? Tiger beer again issit? It would be massively awesome 2 see PJ live. The last time they were in South East Asia was in Singapore on Hari Raya day of 1995 - just a few days after R.E.M. performed at the same venue (Sg National Indoor Stadium if I;m not mistaken)

PJ is one of the bands who love the fans more than anything else. Heck, on their latest/current world tour, they play like an average of 30 songs per gig!! That's like easily way more than 2 hours of live music. The fact that they have such a large repertoire of songs helps a lot of course =)

Ahhh, THR. Back when Gerard Vincent & Fly Guy were young-er & unknown =)

^ ooh.. cause i really like Paranoid Android. lol. ooh Karma Police is from OK Computer too. any songs to recommend that're from The Bends? :D

crazy_mary, yeah i heard the RATM songs you sent to me already. they're nice but there's something with me and raprock that i just cant understand. i can never fully embrace rap rock :( dunno why la. maybe its because i like singing along to songs that i like, and i cant rap for nuts :LOL: linkin park is an exception though, prolly because of Chester. his singing makes up for it :)

and i swear i've heard the guitar part from Bulls On Parade somewhere before. but i cant remember whether i heard it on a TV ad or in a movie or a TV show or something... :\

eh, i thought THR is a tamil radio station?

^ ooh.. cause i really like Paranoid Android. lol. ooh Karma Police is from OK Computer too. any songs to recommend that're from The Bends? :D

crazy_mary, yeah i heard the RATM songs you sent to me already. they're nice but there's something with me and raprock that i just cant understand. i can never fully embrace rap rock :( dunno why la. maybe its because i like singing along to songs that i like, and i cant rap for nuts :LOL: linkin park is an exception though, prolly because of Chester. his singing makes up for it :)

and i swear i've heard the guitar part from Bulls On Parade somewhere before. but i cant remember whether i heard it on a TV ad or in a movie or a TV show or something... :\

Yeah, you can't really sing along to RATM. But the guitar riffs are ace man! Just like Muse's riffs =) Other bands with equally ace riffs would be Soundgarden & Pearl Jam. And if you're into older (I mean retro) music: Led Zeppelin & Black Sabbath. Or if you wanna try someting different, check out the kewl keyboard riffs from the likes of New Order & Depeche Mode.

There's a really beautiful song from OK Computer which I absolutely adore called No Surprises. You should check out that song as well. I also like Electioneering, which is LOUD yet melodic.

Nice songs from the Bends? Many there is. But do look out for Street Spirit, Just (I agree with weresodisco on how ace this vid is), My Iron Lung (headbang central 'nuff said), High & Dry (quite a big hit that time) & Fake Plastic Trees (Alanis Morrissette liked it so much she covered it herself).

I highly recommend the Bends too :) Apart from the songs mentioned above, you might want to check out Black Star from The Bends as well. Hmm, actually just get the whole album. Heh.

Hmm, I don't know if you guys tuned in then, but there used to be this really great show over at WOW.FM (I think it was called The Edge of Wow?) and that DJ, Kevin B, played a heck load of awesome songs back then. He indirectly introduced me to a few great bands like Feeder, Ash, Better Than Ezra and Dishwalla. He would ocassionally bring a few local rock artistes in to promote them too. I miss him :(

Nice songs from the Bends? Many there is. But do look out for Street Spirit, Just (I agree with weresodisco on how ace this vid is), My Iron Lung (headbang central 'nuff said), High & Dry (quite a big hit that time) & Fake Plastic Trees (Alanis Morrissette liked it so much she covered it herself).

i didnt noe alanis covered radiohead?! *opens ares* ;)

u noe jamie cullum did an awesome jazzy cover of high and dry on the piano..different, but still great!

and damien rice heavily "borrowed" from no surprises as well..ahah

i think you can judge how good a band is by the number and variety of artistes that cover them.:D

PJ is one of the bands who love the fans more than anything else. Heck, on their latest/current world tour, they play like an average of 30 songs per gig!! That's like easily way more than 2 hours of live music. The fact that they have such a large repertoire of songs helps a lot of course =)

yes, that's true.. they tend to play more songs than in the setlist n jamming to prolong their songs in concerts. they're like the most honest band in the world. remember their fight against ticketmaster for over charging their fans in the US for the tix concerts? and i just can never forget a picture that i saw showing the band in a very devastated mood after the roskdille incident. like matt, ed doesnt interact much wif the crowd. it's all about the music wif ém..ahh..i'm rambling about ém. seriously, i'm trying to be hopeful here.. i noe the chances r really slim for ém to come here.. but the thot of it... gah.. pliss do come!

eh, i thought THR is a tamil radio station?

once upon a time when auntie mary was still in school, THR used to be one of the coolest radio station on earth wif djs who played songs which never get any airplay in this beloved country of ours. now.. it's a tamil radio station.. tragic :erm:

but teh guitar.. n teh bass, n teh drums n zack's awesome lyrics.. oh well..

yah.. i think it was on 8tv's tripping... the show wif that vj.. wat's her name? hmm cant remember la..

Hmm, I don't know if you guys tuned in then, but there used to be this really great show over at WOW.FM (I think it was called The Edge of Wow?) and that DJ, Kevin B, played a heck load of awesome songs back then. He indirectly introduced me to a few great bands like Feeder, Ash, Better Than Ezra and Dishwalla. He would ocassionally bring a few local rock artistes in to promote them too. I miss him :(

aha... yes, i remember kevin B. was it him who used to invite abg rom as well? or was it THR? those days la.. when radio music stations r not obsessed wif making money n score high ratings...i thot better than ezra is one hit wonder kinda band (?). n dishwalla.. yes, they're a great band. so difficult to find their cd here.. i think i heard red fm played their songs some time back..maybe sometime last year but occassionally la..

rite. guys, go get the latest issue of lime mag. there's a review of muse's concert and an interview wif chris that made me go awww... luv ya, chris! there's also an article about good vibrations which include some pix of the beasties (yay!!!)

n if u guys r free tomorrow, go to sepang n watch the F1 testing!!! it's free and damnnnnn awesome!!! u can see the pit and the garage ( from the mall grandstand area la.. cant get into the paddock area..)and get ur ears deaf wif the roars of the cars 'engines... woot! can wait for the race weekend! * sorry for side tracking* ehehhh..

aha... yes, i remember kevin B. was it him who used to invite abg rom as well? or was it THR? those days la.. when radio music stations r not obsessed wif making money n score high ratings...i thot better than ezra is one hit wonder kinda band (?). n dishwalla.. yes, they're a great band. so difficult to find their cd here.. i think i heard red fm played their songs some time back..maybe sometime last year but occassionally la..

n if u guys r free tomorrow, go to sepang n watch the F1 testing!!! it's free and damnnnnn awesome!!! u can see the pit and the garage ( from the mall grandstand area la.. cant get into the paddock area..)and get ur ears deaf wif the roars of the cars 'engines... woot! can wait for the race weekend! * sorry for side tracking* ehehhh..

Better Than Ezra has quite a number of hits, but I guess they never really hit off here in Malaysia. At the Stars would be my favourite song from them :) As for Dishwalla, I've given up hope looking for any of their albums here. One of the most underrated bands, and yeah Red still plays Angels or Devils ocassionally. So do you guys listen to Clash on Red fm?

And mmmm, I don't mind side tracking for F1 at all!! I went for today's testing session :D It was spawesome. I took a few pictures, but here's one from my hp.

dsc01210db0.jpg

That's the Ferrari pit. I wonder why the top teams are soooo secretive (hence the barrier thingy and all). When I stepped into the circuit, I could hear the engines revving up and the drivers changing gears and everything. As soon as I heard all that, my adrenalin started pumping in. (Yes I'm a geek). Honestly, I can sit there all day to listen to the sounds of an F1 car. (But eh, i would definitely give that up for another Muse concert!) My friend and I made a banner for Heikki Kovalen and Nico Rosberg. A welcome banner. But personally, I'm more of a Nick Heidfeld and Fisichella fan..

Assignments are evil. I should really stop procrastinting.

Better Than Ezra has quite a number of hits, but I guess they never really hit off here in Malaysia. At the Stars would be my favourite song from them :) As for Dishwalla, I've given up hope looking for any of their albums here. One of the most underrated bands, and yeah Red still plays Angels or Devils ocassionally. So do you guys listen to Clash on Red fm?

ooh..thanks!:)

the song that intro'ed me to better than ezra was a lifetime..still is my fav song :p

clash is cool.;)

hmm...another major side-tracking, lol!

is Chester Bennington really coming to KL next week?! :eek:

kinda exciting! but its only been a month since i met the love of my life Matt Bellamy, i feel like im betraying him for getting excited over Chester coming to KL! :LOL:

it said so on the newspapers! but how come mr Mike Shinoda isnt coming too?

good to know that besides japan, they're visiting us first :happy: I WISH MUSE WAS LIKE THAT!

but teh guitar.. n teh bass, n teh drums n zack's awesome lyrics.. oh well..

yah.. i think it was on 8tv's tripping... the show wif that vj.. wat's her name? hmm cant remember la..

oh yeah... with that little vj. err.. rina i think.

and while we're still talking about RATM, yeah their songs are nice to headbang to, but its damn tak syok la for some people who wants to sing along... but cant rap for nuts. like me. heehee :D but i'm gonna listen to em more to get used to it! since i heard that they're gonna get back together, right? or was that just a rumour?

dsc01210db0.jpg

That's the Ferrari pit. I wonder why the top teams are soooo secretive (hence the barrier thingy and all). When I stepped into the circuit, I could hear the engines revving up and the drivers changing gears and everything. As soon as I heard all that, my adrenalin started pumping in. (Yes I'm a geek). Honestly, I can sit there all day to listen to the sounds of an F1 car. (But eh, i would definitely give that up for another Muse concert!) My friend and I made a banner for Heikki Kovalen and Nico Rosberg. A welcome banner. But personally, I'm more of a Nick Heidfeld and Fisichella fan..

i was sitting rite in fornt of mclaren n ferrari garages as well!! woohh.. grandstand mall area is bloody brilliant! u can c all the pitt actions.. but its a shame the tix r sooooo expensive.

so fast r u.. i was thinking of uploading my pix, but too lazy to do it. yeah.. the barrier kinda annoyed me as well coz u cant actually see wat was happening (wat changes the pit crew made for the different runs). i felt the same way. when i was searching for parking space, i could hear the engine revs.. it made me so excited that i almost hit another car. i could sit there all day too. i only managed to go yesterday after work. lucky kimi was testing at the time and hamilton as well. massa was in his casual clothes.. and so was heidfeld walking down the pit lane.. i was hoping to see alonso to do his testing. ah.. so ur a fan of renault then? since u like both fisichella and heikki kovalainen. used to hate alonso wif passion last two season but now i support him coz he's in mclaren. that hamilton dude is damn fast as well, and kubica really made an impression last season.. really cant wait for the race weekend!!

i think i see muse in everything... but kimi looks a bit like dom!

Major side-tracking here. Who's going 2 the F1 race, ah? I wanna go, but panass lah =)

ME!!!! but i only bought the cheap tix. i normally get free tix when i was in my former work place. this year i had to buy.. yeah, it's really hot there. even at grandstand yesterday i was sweating really bad. but it was blooody brilliant!!

hmm...another major side-tracking, lol!

is Chester Bennington really coming to KL next week?! :eek:

kinda exciting! but its only been a month since i met the love of my life Matt Bellamy, i feel like im betraying him for getting excited over Chester coming to KL! :LOL:

he's coming to promote their new LP..

so, who's going?

and while we're still talking about RATM, yeah their songs are nice to headbang to, but its damn tak syok la for some people who wants to sing along... but cant rap for nuts. like me. heehee :D but i'm gonna listen to em more to get used to it! since i heard that they're gonna get back together, right? or was that just a rumour?

yeah.. i noe how it feels. memang tak syok if cant sing along to a song. but to rap is even better! :D always feels silly when i tried to follow zack rapping..it is confirmed that zack is back n they played some gigs in the states, (correct me if i'm wrong)but dunno whether they're making a new album or not. hopefully they will.

Hi! Noob / first post alert!

Have been lurking for a while back, but finally decided to post after reading all the great stuff, you guys make for really interesting reading.;)

That and the fact that it's been a month and am still not over PMS. I now view life as split, pre and post-seeing-Muse live. Can't focus at work, can't stop talking about Muse, etc.

So in that spirit here's a sample of a great review by someone called kumprinx (all the anticipation and exaggerated emotions, hehe!).It was like therapy, made me giggle and helped me understand that i have fellow utterly-insane-for-Muse fans for company:-

http://www.kumprinx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=127&Itemid=26#akocomment21

It's in malay with some English thrown in and is quite lengthy. Tapi imho best giler siot! Tell me what you guys think!

somehow it's very coincidental that i *sarcastically* made a promise to my friend yang i akan help her stalk chester if she helped cover me for *pontenging class* and stalking muse...

after reading this thread...:

alamak, nak kene stalk betul2 ke?

:D hello back Debbie (wow that was a quick reply, this sure is an active thread)

I loved many bits of the review, but it meant a lot to read about someone else reminiscing about taking a long trip to KL for the concert. I remember having to suppress my grin in the bus all the way from Penang to KL, and even worse after the concert, heheh.