Just did a live interview with someone in Vancouver. The considerable satellite delay made me look like quite the awesome typist. :happy:

oooo your getting closer now to do muse would be the way to go.. if you got to interview them would you stumble on the words or be efficent.

If i was to do it lol i'd give them the mic. they can ask us fans the question they interview us.

I don't think I'll ever be the one actually asking the questions! Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Imagine if they got me to do both the asking and the captioning. I'd ask a question, then start typing furiously while the interviewee answered...they might consider that a bit rude. Especially if I made a funny typo and giggled inappropriately. Which I am prone to do, to be fair.

And there'd be an awkward silence while they waited for me to finish typing everything they'd said and wondered if they'd ever have my attention again.

Me: *tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap*

Interviewee: :shifty:

Edited by _Ed_

+1! It looked awesome in the end. I kind of feel like making some of those myself right now :chuckle:

I really feel like playing with some right now :LOL:

I don't think I'll ever be the one actually asking the questions! Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Imagine if they got me to do both the asking and the captioning. I'd ask a question, then start typing furiously while the interviewee answered...they might consider that a bit rude. Especially if I made a funny typo and giggled inappropriately. Which I am prone to do, to be fair.

And there'd be an awkward silence while they waited for me to finish typing everything they'd said and wondered if they'd ever have my attention again.

Me: *tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap*

Interviewee: :shifty:

Imagine trying to type live captions for Matt. That would be a incoherent mess of letters waiting to happen.

I just spent 3 hours on the TV Tropes website :stunned:

Imagine trying to type live captions for Matt. That would be a incoherent mess of letters waiting to happen.

Nightmare. :stunned: I'd still be desperately typing as fast as my little fingers can go half an hour after the bloody thing ended.

Easily done, to be fair. It doesn't surprise me at all.

Nightmare. :stunned: I'd still be desperately typing as fast as my little fingers can go half an hour after the bloody thing ended.

As long as you didn't have to perfectly copy him, it would be okay. Transcribing all the little ums and ers would be shit.

So... many... pages :stunned:

That's why we should never be replaced by computer-captioners. Matt would make them explode, whereas I'm confident I could avoid such a fate. Humans 1, Computers 0. :yesey:

What's with all the cowbells in the crowd at the Winter Olympics? Must be distressing for any cows within hearing range. Assuming they react to cowbells somehow...safe assumption considering they're called cowbells, I thought.

That's why we should never be replaced by computer-captioners. Matt would make them explode, whereas I'm confident I could avoid such a fate. Humans 1, Computers 0. :yesey:

What's with all the cowbells in the crowd at the Winter Olympics? Must be distressing for any cows within hearing range. Assuming they react to cowbells somehow...safe assumption considering they're called cowbells, I thought.

All I can imagine is a crowd of thousands doing the cowbell dance from SNL

They should have had a proper panel discussion on Close Up tonight - perhaps it might have brought some sanity. But they were too busy being all "OMG every university student is putting their student loan on the stock market and making millions! That's our money! Why are they even getting our money anyway? Students are a menace!"

They should have had a proper panel discussion on Close Up tonight - perhaps it might have brought some sanity. But they were too busy being all "OMG every university student is putting their student loan on the stock market and making millions! That's our money! Why are they even getting our money anyway? Students are a menace!"

wat

hey you know if you did live captioning for matt just ask him to repeat what he saids you'd get there eventually hehe.

also imagine if you had to put those captioning to tv lol

I passed my restricted test! Yay! :happy: I was really starting to worry I was going to fail, but when I parked he just gave me the clip board, said "sign here" and to call this number if I don't receive my licence in the mail :rolleyes:

Plasticine party!

Apparently someone invested their student loan and made $3000 profit (referred to mainly as "a fortune"). And apparently this is now the most pressing issue facing our country.

Huh, seems like a good way of making money to pay it off as well.