You love and respect animals..

AnnaLu

If you are vegetarian, because you love animals, then eggs and milk is OK I think, theoretically. It doesn't hurt the animal, if you eat one or two of their eggs or some milk, theoretically... But if you think of mass production, it isn't OK.

I persoinally try to keep clear of eggs and milk too. But it's so difficult sometimes.

Go the vegetarians!!!! :)

On compassionate and religious grounds i am vegetarian! And i have NEVER eaten anything that has had a heart beat before!

Its good that your trying to keep clear of any animal products that are harmful in anyway to an animal. I myself only have milk products as it doesn't hurt the animal... but eggs i never touch...to me its just as bad as eating a chicken.

So I toooo do find it very difficult to be vegetarian in this world of meat eating mass production!!!......there is always some sort of contamination in food.

There are many reasons to not eat meat, but if one of yours is that you are 'compassionate', or love and respect animals, then you really should consider not using mass-production milk and egg products. Even if those aren't your reasons, milk and eggs really aren't the healthiest of things, regardless of what the clever advertising would have you believe!

It's usually a little inconvenient when you're eating out, but at home it's a lot easier because you can control what you eat and there are many alternatives. It's worth it though, believe me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I try to avoid eating dairy/egg foods as well as meat. Although the animals are not killed for their meat, they are eventually slaughtered because they can no longer produce milk/lay eggs. And then there is what they do to cows/chickens to ensure that they produce large quantities of milk/eggs. Cows are made constantly pregnant (the female calves are raised for milk production/ male calves are slaughtered at 5 days old). When chickens produce chicks, most of those chicks are crushed alive (overproduction).

I really could go on and on and on about this lol. Very passionate about it. I'm glad you guys are too =D

• 1 month later...

I live in a place where there are A LOT of local farms, I know and have seen that the animals are treated with perfect respect. We actually have a Milk Board in our province to make sure our cows aren't being over worked. So yeah, I'm fine with it :) But I don't actually like milk, so I never drink it.

• 2 months later...

Oh I've just found this group Yey for the veggie Musers. On the vegan thing...I think organic eggs is alright, well i eat my own chicken's eggs anyway so i know they're happy. But dairy stuff does require for the calves to be killed so not so great, but I'm not good enough to give up milk :/ , hopefully i will one day