Why Do You Write?

Jujubean

Not sure how many people would answer this question, but try to. Why do you write? And I suppose this question could tie in with how did you get into writing in the first place? And no, I don't mean just writing your name or learning how to write, I mean writing as in stories, poems, songs, ect.

I got into writing first with fan-fiction. Which I started writing when I was 8 and I was the little Nancy Drew fanatic that I was back then. Then, it was short stories and now, it's multi-chapter stories that include originals of my own and fan-fiction.

As for the 'Why do you write?' question, I suppose it would be because without it, I feel terrible. Writing and reading are my escape from what I think is this awful world and I get to go into my own little imaginary world where everything is brilliant.

So, go ahead and answer the questions and feel free to say anything you'd like. :)

Well, darkshines9 I write Sci Fi because I was inspired by the world Frank Herbert created (Dune series.) His ideas inspired me to come up with something creative so I am currently working on a novel but am struggling to DEVELOPE a charcter. I also write poetry. You are correct. Writing and reading help one escape the nuances of society and life. Please read the Dune series if you have not. It is a fantastic universe. (Feel free to join the Dune group_or not...:))

• 8 months later...

I think in my case the point is in my unspoken thoughts. I mean there is not anyone among my friends to speak with about my interests and preferences. And it's all about my age and my friends age. They are not ready to speak about the culture, the art as the main problem or the main influencing thing, they just have fun, they are not up to me.

But anyway, I write because of my dumb thoughts, if I could say that =)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to agree with Filina.

I started writing at a very young age in order to be able to say something. I went to a tiny grade school - about 20 boys and 5 other girls. Quite often I was the kid sitting by herself in the playground with the geeky glasses and the jeans with torn knees.

It all boils down to having a passion and wanting to let it out. Short story writing came first. Mostly escapism, and then, I discovered poetry. Unfortunately, my difficulties with the rhythm of speech patterns turned me more towards writing fiction than becoming the next Yosano Akiko.

If anyone needs some support with their writing, I'm willing with overcoming writing blocks. Sometimes it's easier bouncing ideas off a stranger than someone who knows the ins and outs of your compositions.