We Want You! Join In!!

lee-robins

mothers a great song. I like the wall movie too. I like the scene they play for that song. dark sides a great album. the hand drums are real nice - not something i find on alot of rock albums. i met i guy once who could play just like dave, as i like to call him. we were about 18 and he was playing amazing songs from dark side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys... I just joined the "Floyd" group because I like that group and a few other proggy artists, most notably King Crimson (esp. 1980-on, including spinoffs). I wonder if Adrian Belew is a notable influence on Matt's guitar style; both are really into distortion and whammy bars, and sometimes I pick up a strong Belew-ish vibe in Matt's playing or some stage movement or gesture. But AFAIK Bellamy has never acknowledged Belew as an influence, and he's been forthright about so many others...

I did catch a short set by Spock's Beard (the new- or nu-prog group) inadvertently at Vintage Vinyl a couple of years ago. I was simply there to comb through the stacks, and an in-store gig happened to break out! They were alright, but nothing really grabbed me, and there were at least a couple of tracks that I simply didn't care for.

I have a long, long way to go, though, before I'll be anyone's idea of a devoted prog-rock fan or expert on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...