The 'late april 2015' interview about rehersing The Small Print & Apocalypse Please

smashin-potato

evening!

according to the TSP and AP pages on the musewiki:

In late April 2015, it was revealed in an interview that the band were rehearsing this and Apocalypse Please for the upcoming tour. If played, it will be the first time the song has been played in ten years.

In late April 2015, it was revealed in an interview that the band were rehearsing this and The Small Print for the upcoming tour. It was indeed played for the first time in almost 8 years, at Webster Hall, in New York on May 8th, 2015. The song is now played regularly since, after skipping the The Resistance and The 2nd Law tours.

Does anyone have any idea what interview is this refering to? I checked all the interviews around this timeperiod that I could find but didnt come across any TSP or Apocalypse Please reference. If someone has that interview - sharing it would be appreciated!

Also any other thoughts on the matter? Apocalypse Please has indeed been played, the small print hasn't.

The only place I ever heard this was from one fan who said they (and I thought the fan said Dom) said "rehearsing old Abso songs" - I don't remember any specific song being said, but that speculation started in the fanbase about TSP, as it was known to be a more "rock" album (and we stupidly thought that meant a rock tour) and that's the only one that made sense.

Turned out to be AP showing up at the small gigs.

Isn't this referring to the fan that met them outside the church or whatever? Didn't Matt only smirk when asked about TSP?

Yeah, might've said something like "We'll see" or "Maybe" as well, can't totally remember. Either way, nothing concrete.

I think the chance has gone at this point anyway. Maybe on the next club tour.