Muse: 5 Things We Learned From Their Spectacularly Heavy Download 2015 Headline Set

AguanteRiver

Read it here on NME.com

Look, we've been spotted! :LOL:

Pre-‘Absolution’ fans are in for a treat at upcoming shows

As well as live staples ‘Plug In Baby’ and ‘New Born’, Muse busted out second-album odysseys ‘Micro Cuts’ and the inimitable ‘Citizen Erased’, scarcely witnessed since the band’s ‘Origin of Symmetry’ Reading and Leeds sets in 2011. There were also airings of ‘Agitated’ and 2002 non-album single ‘Dead Star’, the spiritual precursor to ‘Drones’, which makes perfect said alongside tracks like ‘The Handler’ and ‘Reaper’. Still no ‘Showbiz’ tunes, mind, but even the fan-forum zealots weren’t quibbling over that omission.

It's adorable that they think heavy old set at Download = heavy old set everywhere, though. :chuckle:

Midway into 'Uprising', Bellamy made a comment insinuating that innocent citizens' faces are routinely scanned by overzealous police.

What's this all about?

and crossfire spotlights operated by techs in pods suspended from the rig

any picture of this?

I'd rather them do that and have a chance of catching a thief though, even if I'm one of the few.

If you've no intention of breaking the law, what's the issue?

Maybe things are different in the UK with all the CCTV stuff and all, but here, I'm pretty happy knowing that the police actually have someone or something in mind when they're looking at everyone.

If they think the Boston Marathon bomber is going to be at a concert event and people are in danger, for instance, at least they know what they're looking for.

If they decide to scan every single person in a crowd and start making arrests for petty thefts and unpaid parking tickets and shit, that's a bit much.

To me, there's a difference between saying "hey, there's a murderer that's likely to be at this event, so we're going to be looking for him" versus "hey, lets scan everyone and see what shakes out!"

Probable cause, and all?

Maybe things are different in the UK with all the CCTV stuff and all, but here, I'm pretty happy knowing that the police actually have someone or something in mind when they're looking at everyone.

If they think the Boston Marathon bomber is going to be at a concert event and people are in danger, for instance, at least they know what they're looking for.

If they decide to scan every single person in a crowd and start making arrests for petty thefts and unpaid parking tickets and shit, that's a bit much.

To me, there's a difference between saying "hey, there's a murderer that's likely to be at this event, so we're going to be looking for him" versus "hey, lets scan everyone and see what shakes out!"

Probable cause, and all?

Fair enough, I can see where you're coming from with that.

Only argument I could make is that the police would probably be anticipating something going down at a festival, what with the stabbings muggings etc. which keep creeping into the news every so often.

Fair enough, I can see where you're coming from with that.

Only argument I could make is that the police would probably be anticipating something going down at a festival, what with the stabbings muggings etc. which keep creeping into the news every so often.

It's not going to prevent it from happening, though, unless they already have a good scan/image of someone who's already done one of those crimes.

It's not going to stop a fight breaking out, and someone doing harm to someone else under the influence, for instance.

It's not going to stop opportunistic theft and assault.

It's just looking at everyone in the off chance that someone there has done something at some time, and they have a good enough scan to go on.

I'd much rather they invest time and money into actual security and policing, knowing crime at these types of events in particular are more often alone to opportunistic line.

Plus, how accurate is this shit? Some asshole robot camera sent me a ticket last time I went to Denver, and the picture and video they emailed me isn't even me or my car...

I'd be pretty damn furious if I missed Muse's once in a lifetime set a Download, for instance, because an algorithm mistook me for someone who stole from the gas station.