Achi, how you doin? :LOL: Ngayon lang kita nakita ulit mag-post ah.

GUIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:I'm alright...I guess!:LOL:Sorry haven't been posting...busy sa musechat:happy: and lurking over the board:LOL:. I guess you're doing good din..so won't ask you anymore..haha!:p

Illuminatist, di naman swerte yung CDs eh. :LOL: Regarding promotion, the most that we can do to promote Muse since wala naman ginagawa ang Warner Phil, is to put BH&R sa harap ng CD racks in every record bar, and to influence your friends. It worked out for me. :p

hahaha you just gave me a brilliant idea. I'll do that in record bar.

MYX? pfft puro OPM naman pinatutugtog nila, they do play Starlight though pero once in a blue moon lang yata, caught the vid when Reema Chanco requested for it. I guess Reema is a fan of Muse.

Hi achi! thanks for the welcome. :)

Where's azztro in this glorious mess?

GOOD AFTERNOON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

hehe its good to hear that i've been missed (assuming :p)

been busy lately...

anyway, its also good to see that the forum is lively this past few days

and i would like to inform you all that because of Sir Francis that i discover Muse, and i think i owe him a lot...

and about the promotion thing for the artist to have concerts here in the phil, there are a lot of factors to consider not just album sales or label promotion... dapat din i-consider kung talaga bang kilala ang and isang banda or artist to generate enough ticket sales... hindi lang naman muse ang apektado ng mga ganito, for instance i like THURSDAY and been wanting to see them here or The Killers or Audioslave... the problem is mainstream, if your not that mainstream chances are low, buti sana kung nasa States or Europe p tyo mainstream is not an issues kse rich country ung mga un, pero sa pinas? i doubt it...

as i have said in past few post, a good production company (whos not after making profit) who is passionate about bringing music to the masses ang tanging pagasa natin pra makapunta sila d2...

and illuminatist, yes weve heard that and i thinkl we have some post about that in the earlier post discussing that, we all know that muse obviously knew about phil and wanted to go here but unfortunately its not in their itinerary...

all we can do is just hope that someday they can still perform here, even if its not a tour...

I like The Killers too. :)

Pero mainstream na ang Muse, hindi nga lang masyadong kilala dito sa atin kasi konti ang singles na na-release and lack of promotion.

Tingin ko kaya ayaw nilang magpa-concert ng rock band dito kasi madami na tayong mga bands and i think they're trying to boost these bands parang love-your-own thingy. Syempre (IMO) masasapawan sila ng mga foreign bands dahil mas magaling sila performance, lyrics and music wise. (Halata bang wala akong gustong OPM bands? :D )

granted mainstream na ang MUSE abroad or even here na rin... pero wala talaga tyo magagawa kung ung mismong record label nila walang ginagwang paraan para dalin sila d2, well its really their lost, if only they could realize how big Muse here sa pinas... well we can only hope... F***ING label records...

umm there are lots of opm bands with potential to breakthrough sa international scene, like UpDharmaDown... in fact BBC already acknowledge them, just a little more fanbase and albums maybe they can make it..

i also wanna see Urbandub make it... there are lots of opm bands with potential, just need little support... hope you can check them out illuminatist maybe you'll change your opinion about them

If Muse comes here, I think they'll pick a festival[rock festival]

exposures

cheap

adventurous

exotic

I think they'll like the sounds of that :yesey:

After that some small gigs like what they did in the US Absolution tour. :happy:

Do we have a rock festival? as far as I know we don't have one, correct me though. Someone at PEX suggested that too, if we have a festival like Reading or Glasto there's a chance they might come here and other bands as well.

@azztro, heard both the bands you mentioned hmm maybe I should explore more.

Do we have a rock festival? as far as I know we don't have one, correct me though. Someone at PEX suggested that too, if we have a festival like Reading or Glasto there's a chance they might come here and other bands as well.

umm meron tyo fete dela musique... iba't ibang genre ang mga kasali dun, meron din mga foreign acts na hndi masyado sikat... so i think Muse will fit in that

now that i thought about it, oo nga noh, pde sila makapunta d2 not as touring band but pde na rin as guest sa mga festival... pwede!!!

umm there are lots of opm bands with potential to breakthrough sa international scene, like UpDharmaDown... in fact BBC already acknowledge them, just a little more fanbase and albums maybe they can make it..

i also wanna see Urbandub make it... there are lots of opm bands with potential, just need little support... hope you can check them out illuminatist maybe you'll change your opinion about them

URBANDUB is brill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yesey::yesey: and UpDharmaDown-good band!!!!

umm meron tyo fete dela musique... iba't ibang genre ang mga kasali dun, meron din mga foreign acts na hndi masyado sikat... so i think Muse will fit in that

now that i thought about it, oo nga noh, pde sila makapunta d2 not as touring band but pde na rin as guest sa mga festival... pwede!!!

hmm I never heard of that festival before, tuwing kailan toh?

tama pwede nga sila, they can also do a charity like concert, Matt said that before on interviews.

tama pwede nga sila, they can also do a charity like concert, Matt said that before on interviews.

I think fete de la musique is round june.Thats what I remember....:p

Think of Fete as our cheap yet succesful version of Glastonbury, with those crazy E-MO kids shouting "slamman' tayo!". :LOL:

Greetings people, just dropped by with this bit of unconfirmed news:

Muse live in Bangkok, Thailand

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Bangkok Rock Festival will make an overdue return in February 2008, according to event's promoter, David McLean.

The Bangkok 100 Rock Festival featured Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, Placebo, Snow Patrol and Maximo Park in February 2006 and was the most ambitious international concert ever planned in the capital.

For Bangkok Rock Festival 2008, McLean will reportedly select 8 acts, and is in talks with The Killers, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Artic Monkeys and Muse. "

link: http://www.bangkokrecorder.com/news/...eturn-977.html

I just found that they were supposed to play this year too.

"The Bangkok Rock Festival 2007 has been cancelled. Bands and artist that should have been playing were among others Muse, The Prodigy, Snow Patrol, Damien Rice and Arctic Monkeys.

Riverman Asia Company yesterday announced the cancellation of the rock festival, saying that it would be hard to find sponsors for this big event with the virtual ban on alcohol advertising."

http://www.personalthailand.com/word...een-cancelled/

I was searching for info on a7x live in bkk this aug and somehow came across the website.

I cant believe it! I know that it's still a big big maybe, but im still rily happy anyways. It's gna be on feb 2008, which is quite weird cos i would expect them to be takin a break and/or workin on their new album which makes me think that they're not gna come...But i still rily hope that it's gna happen. Would luv to see other bands as well

Just thought you guys would like to know. Carry on then.

I think if the Bangkok Rock Festival happens with Muse next year, I can see them rocking out here.

I mean, with the recent announcement of gigs by other foreign artists like FOB, the odds of Muse playing here are lower than ever.

Let's keep our fingers crossed! :)

Thanks miele

There's hope after all

Oh, you're welcome, no problem really.

There's a bunch of us really excited Malaysians practically dreaming of the trip to Bangkok already since it's so near where were at :LOL::p.

But anywhere in Southeast Asia that Muse will be, we're so there!

So hopefully you guys get a date as well since missed out last time. :musesign::musesign:

Oh, you're welcome, no problem really.

There's a bunch of us really excited Malaysians practically dreaming of the trip to Bangkok already since it's so near where were at :LOL::p.

But anywhere in Southeast Asia that Muse will be, we're so there!

So hopefully you guys get a date as well since missed out last time. :musesign::musesign:

haha...ur really close to the place:p Anywhere in Southeast Asia would do,ayt!:happy:I wanna see Muse again:DHopefully they come here too...;)

wow so much info... well i do hope thats true(the bangkok festival) and there's a real posibility that they will have another SEA Tour, umm if alcohol ads are ban on bangkok then we dont have problem here because San Miguel and Red Horse are major sponsors of anything music and concerts...

Who sponsors FOB here?

for the BKK:

Telecommunication companies

Food companies

TV/Radio stations

Virtual Advertising

ทักษิณ ชินวัตร[joking]

สุรยุทธ์ จุลานนท/Surayud Chulanont?

Cigarettes?

I think those or some of those can help out with the concert.