Something on The 2nd Law vinyl

Kathand

So, I was putting my vinyl away today and noticed it had something scratched in across from the serial number. I'm not sure what it says, but it's pretty obvious what the first word is. I was just wondering if someone with a vinyl copy of The 2nd Law has seen this on theirs and knows what it says or if someone can decipher it.

IMG_20131117_212329_360.thumb.jpg.fdf46f21ebe1869d5a0a377b4a40f2fb.jpg

IMG_20131117_212304_855.thumb.jpg.5b1bc243f0be47ce6d550dae592e88e5.jpg

IMG_20131117_212104_124.thumb.jpg.18c14c3bee12e28b7a9488a03f9f3d35.jpg

IMG_20131117_212031_645.thumb.jpg.6f6737daa653b991f1f22848213fef07.jpg

IMG_20131117_211945_308.thumb.jpg.257c7e381a78af69a4c4c6d3e0ecb66e.jpg

Edited by Kathand
The 2nd Law, vinyl, markings

Alright, cool. I still wanna find out what says, though.

Cba go checking, but iirc it's the date of the pressing. "Matt" should be the technician who did it. Isn't it "Matt @ Air" plus a date? I'll admit I got really excited when I got it and saw that (one week before the actual release date, I got one of the first pre-orders so I thought Matt had actually signed the first few records :LOL:)

Cba go checking, but iirc it's the date of the pressing. "Matt" should be the technician who did it. Isn't it "Matt @ Air" plus a date? I'll admit I got really excited when I got it and saw that (one week before the actual release date, I got one of the first pre-orders so I thought Matt had actually signed the first few records :LOL:)

Mine doesn't have a date, unless it's over near the serial number. But, heh, yeah, that's what I was thinking at first and then I realized it's probably just some technical mark.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The name "The 2nd Law" references the second law of thermodynamics, which is quoted in the track "Unsustainable" as follows:

All natural and technological processes proceed in such a way that the availability of the remaining energy decreases. In all energy exchanges, if no energy enters or leaves an isolated system, the entropy of that system increases. Energy continuously flows from being concentrated, to becoming dispersed, spread out, wasted, and useless. New energy cannot be created and high-grade energy is being destroyed. An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.

The album's cover art, taken from the Human Connectome Project, represents the map of the human brain's pathways, "tracking the circuits in our heads and how we process information with bright, neon colors. The artwork was subsequently utilized by Muse in a social Connectome Project on 21 September 2012. As more fans joined the online project, the album art was built, representing the network of the neurons within the brain. As the album art branched and more fans joined the network, incremental segments of the album track "The 2nd Law: Isolated System" were released.

The album was released as a digital download, CD, CD+DVD (with The Making of The 2nd Law and bonus feature), and vinyl. A deluxe edition box set of The 2nd Law included a CD, DVD, double vinyl and three posters.

denver bail bonds

Edited by sophia90