"Origin of Symmetry" unmastered – how valuable?

LadyBaff

Hey guys,

I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place for asking, I’m totally new to all this stuff.

The thing is, my best friend is an absolute Muse fan and she’ll soon celebrate her birthday.

Of course I want to get her something from Muse. Someone’s now offered me "Origin of Symmetry", but unmastered, in a so called "bleeb version". So far I’ve figured out that it’s a promo CD for Germany, but I can’t find out how valuable it is. His asking price is 35 pound.

I couldn’t even find it on ebay or amazon... Is it rare?

So I’m asking the experts now ;) I’d be glad if someone could tell me if I’m paying too much.

Sorry for my English, I’m German :)

Regards,

LadyBaff

Hey guys,

I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place for asking, I’m totally new to all this stuff.

The thing is, my best friend is an absolute Muse fan and she’ll soon celebrate her birthday.

Of course I want to get her something from Muse. Someone’s now offered me "Origin of Symmetry", but unmastered, in a so called "bleeb version". So far I’ve figured out that it’s a promo CD for Germany, but I can’t find out how valuable it is. His asking price is 35 pound.

I couldn’t even find it on ebay or amazon... Is it rare?

So I’m asking the experts now ;) I’d be glad if someone could tell me if I’m paying too much.

Sorry for my English, I’m German :)

Regards,

LadyBaff

You want The Selling Thread in other Muse topics :)

Ni harm in having this thread here as a standalone discussion. Not hugely rare that one but it's a nice piece, is rather uncommon and would be a nice addition for any collection.

The music itself isn't a particular rough mix of the album, it's essentially the mix that was released but with a few small difference like extended synths on Bliss (that did end up mostly in the single version).

The unbleebed audio is rarer and I'm sure if anyone made that available online it would be widely appreciated. I believe I have it somewhere, actually...