Question about "What's He Building?"

velvetgrass

So I have a question about the Tom Waits piece "What's He Building?" that Muse used as an intro to the 2011 Leeds & Reading shows and supposedly on Hullabaloo (I use the wod supposedly because I don't have that CD/DVD). After reading about "What's He Building?" on Muse Wiki, I always thought it was something Tom Waits wrote and recorded specifically for Muse. But I was looking at his discography the other day and on his album The Mule Variations there is a track of the same title. My question, is there any difference between the version played as an intro to the Muse shows and the version that is on The Mule Variations?

So I have a question about the Tom Waits piece "What's He Building?" that Muse used as an intro to the 2011 Leeds & Reading shows and supposedly on Hullabaloo (I use the wod supposedly because I don't have that CD/DVD). After reading about "What's He Building?" on Muse Wiki, I always thought it was something Tom Waits wrote and recorded specifically for Muse. But I was looking at his discography the other day and on his album The Mule Variations there is a track of the same title. My question, is there any difference between the version played as an intro to the Muse shows and the version that is on The Mule Variations?

As far as I know, it's exactly the same version. It's just Muse who decided to use that track from Mule Variations for their intro.

Archived