Omniture.com

Guest Chizzleface

Guest Chizzleface

Who hell they?

Apparently every time we are visiting a page on this forum we are being cookie'd by this company.

wmgmulti.jpg

I R puzzled!

Who hell they?

Apparently every time we are visiting a page on this forum we are being cookie'd by this company.

wmgmulti.jpg

I R puzzled!

Web analytics, I've heard of them through my company, not sure why exactly are they tracking stuff on the board but from the address it sounds like it was done by warner music group.

Guest Chizzleface
Web analytics, I've heard of them through my company, not sure why exactly are they tracking stuff on the board but from the address it sounds like it was done by warner music group.

Hmmmmm, Warner spying on their fans, eh? :shifty:

Guest Chizzleface
yeah warner keep stats on the board i got asked to install it for them months ago (it's nasty code it made me sad)

Haha did you not try and persuade them to let you code something better?

ha nah i recoded some of the awful stuff they gave me though to minimise the errors it throws up

plus i believe kev isn't in the web analytics business :p but yeah, not much web marketing stuff you can do on a message board to be honest. you'll only find out who goes on the muse board and stuff like how they got there.

Guest Chizzleface
plus i believe kev isn't in the web analytics business :p but yeah, not much web marketing stuff you can do on a message board to be honest. you'll only find out who goes on the muse board and stuff like how they got there.

And seeing as how most people have the board set as their homepage it'll be even more useless :LOL:

I think it's just a way of gauging how popular the board is...I reckon if they think they can get away with it they'll put a subscription fee on it like on the Rammstein official board. They'd better not, the cheeky fuckers.

Guest Chizzleface
Hello Vel. :)

:LOL: Hello Ril :D

Kev, is there any connection between this tracking software and the slow loading that's bugging the site at the moment? I've had pages freeze for ages whilst the tracker loads as well...

Kev, is there any connection between this tracking software and the slow loading that's bugging the site at the moment? I've had pages freeze for ages whilst the tracker loads as well...

Hello Ste. :) Recovered from new year now? I dunno, why is it always the oldies who get the floor? ;)

Guest Chizzleface
Hello Ste. :) Recovered from new year now? I dunno, why is it always the oldies who get the floor? ;)

I've recovered well, haha your message was funny! Gem was slightly annoyed that I got a message from you before she did :LOL:

"Sexy Ril" :LOL:

the way it loads is that the page will pause while their tracking code loads which is a bit gay. i haven't experienced any slowdowns from it myself, but if it's happening i can bitch at warner to get it on a better server

Guest Chizzleface
the way it loads is that the page will pause while their tracking code loads which is a bit gay. i haven't experienced any slowdowns from it myself, but if it's happening i can bitch at warner to get it on a better server

It might just be an isolated thing, but both me and Vel have experienced it now, it's nothing major but it does mean I have to keep refreshing the page till it does fully load...dunno what that does exactly to server loads though, with it being just one or two people I can't see it as being overly significant...

:stunned:

I have been wondering why this board stalls sometimes and takes ages to load pages :indiff: It didn't used to happen.

I've never heard of this type of thing before :$ Can the programme spy on other sites you're visiting then to gather marketing data? Most intrusive. Pisses me off quite frankly. :mad:

Guest Chizzleface

I have been wondering why this board stalls sometimes and takes ages to load pages :indiff: It didn't used to happen.

I've never heard of this type of thing before :$ Can the programme spy on other sites you're visiting then to gather marketing data? Most intrusive. Pisses me off quite frankly. :mad:

No, it's programmed only to follow activity on this site.

no no it's not marketing data as such, it just enables warner to keep stats of board usage which they have across all their websites certainly doesn't affect anything else you use on your computer/internet and doesn't track any personal data.

the stalls some of you guys are getting is pretty gay how regularly are they occuring?

Guest Chizzleface
no no it's not marketing data as such, it just enables warner to keep stats of board usage which they have across all their websites certainly doesn't affect anything else you use on your computer/internet and doesn't track any personal data.

the stalls some of you guys are getting is pretty gay how regularly are they occuring?

It's once or twice a day for me, and it always seems to be at busy times on the board...

Hello Vel. :)

Hello Ril. :)

It's once or twice a day for me, and it always seems to be at busy times on the board...

It actually hasn't happened in a day or so for me, but when it does it happens a couple of times an hour during busy periods. The delay when I'm on dial up at home can be ridiculous, I can do a couple of searches or whatever on Amazon while I wait for the Muse board to refresh (bear in mind I have images and sigs turned off at home too). When I'm on broadband at work it will stall for 20-30 seconds.

I'll keep a record of it if it happens again.

christ that bad :ohmy: thats ridiculous i think i'll have to have words about that (annoyingly my muse contact for that stuff is away at the moment). is it just the waiting for that warner address thats in the status bar? it's not that the board is running slow is it? i wonder if i can move the code to the footer so it can only slow down once almost everything is loaded

christ that bad :ohmy: thats ridiculous i think i'll have to have words about that (annoyingly my muse contact for that stuff is away at the moment). is it just the waiting for that warner address thats in the status bar? it's not that the board is running slow is it? i wonder if i can move the code to the footer so it can only slow down once almost everything is loaded

Yep, it just halts with "waiting for wmgmulti..." or whatever it is showing in the status bar. Once it gets past that bit it springs back into life and quickly loads and displays the forum stuff.

It would be handy if it could be done after the bulk of the main board stuff is loaded, but I wouldn't go too mad if it's only a handful of us who are having beef.

Guest Chizzleface

Yeah, it just happened to me as well, just got "transferring data from wmgmulti" for a minute...have had a couple of "server too busy" messages recently but dunno if it's connected.

Archived