Melbourne Rod Laver Arena!

Claireness

Hiya.

I have GA tickets too - my sister bought ours off eBay.

Woo GA! How early are you getting to Rod Laver? I have to catch the 7am train to Melbourne, so I probably won't be there till like 9-10ish. Shattered that the weather is going to be so hot, waiting in the sun is going to be a nightmare.

Well, I'm getting my dad to drive me at 7:30am...So if the traffic isn't so bad, maybe I'll get there at around 8:30ish/9ish.

Yeah, when I found out what the weather was going to be I was a bit miffed. I want to take a really big floppy hat. But I don't want to look like a tool.

It'd be silly to get there that early...especially with the start at 7:30pm. Also if they are only GA tix and not Gold GA tix. It's my opinion, feel free to voice your own opinion...

Lol, they are gold GA, I'll be on the floor :) If they were seats, there is no way I would be getting there that early!

I'm meeting up with mates at Flinders st, and then another one at a place yet to be decided. But she'd better hurry up and decide, as I have her ticket. :LOL:

I live about 20 mins walk from Rod Laver. I'd offer floor space but I only just moved in and don't want to get booted out in my first two weeks. (My flatmate would be cool, but the neoNazi body corporate may have other ideas).

Hehehehe at work yesterday I said "Is it Thursday yet?" and one of the girls went 'Why, what's happening Thursday?". To which another girl (who is a good mate, and therefore forgiven) said "Shhh! Don't ask!"

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHaHAHAHAHA

Lol smuffy! Ah well, they're missing out on something huge.

And yea, I live about 30 mins walk away from Rod Laver, but unfortunately I'm in a college, so yea. =( My room's bloody tiny too. Ah well.

Hm. This might be a stupid question, but what's the difference between GA and Gold GA? o.O I thought there was only GA aka floor.

Oh and welcome tessamused! I've been posting heaps on the last.fm concert thing as well. Hehe. xP

Well, I know it is an early time to arrive at, but I really want to be at the front rail.

And in the past, getting their early has worked for me (at AFI, The Used (quite a feat, considering how many despressed, angsty teens were there) and The Cure).

Oh and I don't like The Used anymore. Just had to say that. I got a nose bleed during their concert. Bert McCracken's a Kurt Cobain wannabe-douche.

<god i hope this does not sound sleezy>

well i have one spot free in a apartment that ive hired overnight. if anyone needs to crash

stupid mates going home that night leaving me to party on my lonesome.

if you could fit 3 people in i'll take it... ok that sounded weird.

OMFG ITS ROUGHLY 37 HOURS TIL MUSE ARE ON STAGE!!!!

hello tessamused! *waves*

Oh dear, I hope everyone who's unwell can get well before tomorrow, that would suck. At festy hall in Jan my friend had a kidney infection, she spent the whole time down the back drinking water. But apparently it's a good view right up the back, against the wall :happy:

and as for 7am at Rod Laver :eek: that's a long wait!

if you could fit 3 people in i'll take it... ok that sounded weird.

OMFG ITS ROUGHLY 37 HOURS TIL MUSE ARE ON STAGE!!!!

lol depends if its possible to sneak another 2 people in, ive never stayed there before so i have no idea how easy it would be.

i think tomorrow people that want to meet-up's are going to have to find a different way to get in contact with each other as im not going to be carrying a laptop with wireless around just so i can find out where we are all meant to be :p

well, there's usually an outside merch stand isn't there? why don't people use that as a starting point and meet somewhere near there? i've only been to rod laver all of once so I can't really remember it

and for smuggling people into hotels, walk in seperately and just act like you're supposed to be there ^^

hello tessamused! *waves*

Oh dear, I hope everyone who's unwell can get well before tomorrow, that would suck. At festy hall in Jan my friend had a kidney infection, she spent the whole time down the back drinking water. But apparently it's a good view right up the back, against the wall :happy:

and as for 7am at Rod Laver :eek: that's a long wait!

Oh wow... I feel sorry for your friend. But hey, thanks for the information! I'll need that when I go to Dream Theater's concert in Festy Hall. I don't exactly want to mosh for a straight 3 hours, but then again, I don't want to be seated. Hehe. So yep! ;) Against the back wall. Thanks love! <3 Hehehe.

Bliss would be amazing :) I'm just hoping we get Citizen Erased!

By the way, has anyone heard anything about the merch that will be available? I was on the muselive forums last night, and someone who went to the Perth show posted a picture of one of the tshirts they were selling, it had the Invincible artwork on the front, and was $45. Sorry if this has been discussed already!

there is a car park underneath rod laver and there is another one behind it, which is about $10-12 all up. if they block off the underground car park, i will be absolutely pissed!

I think they do block off the underground carpark because that's where their buses will be parked. At least it was that way for when Justin Timberlake did his show..

how can i sneak a camera in???

Take a bag with pockets. And make sure you go over to the big, girl security with short hair. She kinda looks like a guy. She's cool. Twice I've gone past her, (like last night for The Killers) and all she does is peer in your bag. Unlike the other tossers who stick their hands in and rummage through. ;)

And speaking of The Killers, last night they played a bit of Can't Take My Eyes Off You. Nearly died! Now that's one song I'd like to hear Muse play live. Maybe they were hinting something...

Gaah! One more day..

And speaking of The Killers, last night they played a bit of Can't Take My Eyes Off You. Nearly died! Now that's one song I'd like to hear Muse play live. Maybe they were hinting something...

Gaah! One more day..

Oh wow.. it would be amazing to hear Muse play that, but I highly doubt they will. Have they ever played it live before?

And damn, it'll be sad if they do block the carpark off. If they do, do we (or people who want to "greet the band") still wait at the carpark at the barriers or is there somewhere else?

Oh wow.. it would be amazing to hear Muse play that, but I highly doubt they will. Have they ever played it live before?

And damn, it'll be sad if they do block the carpark off. If they do, do we (or people who want to "greet the band") still wait at the carpark at the barriers or is there somewhere else?

I think they did once, back in the day. There's a video of it on Youtube here

And about the carpark, for JT there were hundreds, if not thousands, of people lining all around the rails at the top looking down into the carpark. I hung around for a bit and it's easy to get a nice view if you're on the sides but impossible to get them to sign stuff.

Still, if you yelled out to them I'm sure they'd look up :)

Archived