Vox 15W / Marshall 30W (New amp advice please!)

benashhug

At the moment I've got a Marshall MG30Fx amp and am thinking of selling it in for a vox valve amp.

I'm definitely a noob when it comes to amps, so could someone run me through the pros and cons of valve amps against standard ones?

And any suggestions to vox amps? Probably around £150 and want it to go to the same level as my current Marshall, but hopefully a better quality sound. In built effects aren't too important to me as I have a pod x3 live.

Thanks for peoples help in advance!

At the moment I've got a Marshall MG30Fx amp and am thinking of selling it in for a vox valve amp.

I'm definitely a noob when it comes to amps, so could someone run me through the pros and cons of valve amps against standard ones?

And any suggestions to vox amps? Probably around £150 and want it to go to the same level as my current Marshall, but hopefully a better quality sound. In built effects aren't too important to me as I have a pod x3 live.

Thanks for peoples help in advance!

I'd go for a VOX,I've tried the Valvetronix 30 yesterday and it sounds great (has many sounds and effects too).

Although if you have the money I'd rather go for the VOX Valve Reactor AC15 or AC 30 (if the effects are not that important to you)

I'd go for a VOX,I've tried the Valvetronix 30 yesterday and it sounds great (has many sounds and effects too).

Although if you have the money I'd rather go for the VOX Valve Reactor AC15 or AC 30 (if the effects are not that important to you)

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_amps_detail.asp?stock=08101611310328

So you'd recommend this? (The ac15/30 seem to be slightly out of my price range :()

How would a 15w valve amp compare to a standard 30W??

So you'd recommend this? (The ac15/30 seem to be slightly out of my price range :()

Yeah,I thought it was good.

The AC15VR is similar to the AC15/30 Classic/Custom but much cheaper,I think that they introduced it for people who can't afford a real AC15/30 which is over 1000 pounds.

I have one. I love it. I've gigged with it even. This one is pretty useful as it has a master power regulator. You can turn it down to about 5 watts to use in the bedroom and then crank it up to 30 watts if you need it. Though as with all things try it out first.

Archived