haze015

@Dave. here is using the ‘59 and the Bluesdriver. They have always been a signature kind of combo in my sound. They do well for this I think. I think I’m close to his psycho tone as far as OD. Working on the fuzz stuff next. Yes I know it’s in D and I played it in E btw. Any eq tweak recommendations. It’s a phone camera so there’s that lol

On 2/24/2019 at 5:52 AM, mvaughan89 said:

@Dave. here is using the ‘59 and the Bluesdriver. They have always been a signature kind of combo in my sound. They do well for this I think. I think I’m close to his psycho tone as far as OD. Working on the fuzz stuff next. Yes I know it’s in D and I played it in E btw. Any eq tweak recommendations. It’s a phone camera so there’s that lol

In all honesty, I wouldn't be able to make a proper EQ judgement based on a phone's mic. But it sounds like you're on the right track. Just take into account that literally every guitar tone you've heard from Muse is going through a microphone and other processing. So don't worry too much about getting it exactly the same for bedroom playing or even for live use. It sounds like you have it in the right area, so just tweak until it feels right to you. Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

hi it's time for my biannual post here. I recently invested in a Line6 Helix, has anyone else got or used this, and are there any recommended settings for a good muse style fuzz? a lot of the fuzz models seem to sound either really scooped in the mids, or really harsh on the high end. before I got the helix I had an old Boss ME-50, and I used to run the big muff fuzz model with all the bass cut out into the the overdrive channel of my amp, and it actually worked surprisingly well. however as the models on the helix more closely resemble the controls of the actual pedals, there's no bass control for the big muff/triangle fuzz

I have a couple of ideas on how to get closer to the sound, I've started to use a parallel signal with an overdrive to fatten out the fuzz a little, it works to an extent but I need to figure out the balance between the two signal paths first. the other thing is obviously using some kind of equalisation, I know that you typically put an EQ quite early in the signal chain, but since I'm trying to specifically affect the fuzz signal, would it be worth placing one after the fuzz?

• 1 year later...