:eek: Number 2 in line?! Wohhh. What time did ya get there?

I never left the line, once I got in it at noon. I didn't even go to the porta potties. :LOL:

I did like how they took everyone in order (at least it seemed that way at first). I got stuck at the area where there weren't enough girls to pat us down, etc...and we got stuck as the guys got to go ahead.

I hope it goes better at 1st Mariner Arena and the people who are in front really get to go in first and the staff knows what they are doing.

i know i really hope that some of us dont get screwed over like that..i had two concerns too..1. so what if they open doors on multiple sides of the arena ( which im imagining they are doing as it is an arena its not a small venue) and one side is slower then the other or people at one door have been waiting since 12 noon while people at the other side have been waiting since 8AM, but something goes a little wrong and 12 noon gets to barrier and 8 AM does not? hhmmm......2. what about running to the barrier once your free inside the arena? If someone runs pass you who was behind you in line, are you aloud to sprint your butt off and own him or are the security just going to call you on that?

yes..i overhype things and think about things alot..im that kinda person heheh

My brother and I have decided to spend an extra day in the DC area, so we're heading up tuesday rather than Wednesday.. anyone else hanging out and about in DC before the gig?

I'll be arriving in Washington on Tuesday morning, staying with a nice "boardy lady" :D

So I'll be in town, for a bit of a look around on Tuesday afternoon & Wednesday morning.

So does anyone think they'll check out downtown Baltimore during the day of the show?

I really really want them to! Since I'm likely to be lounging around B'more for a few hours prior to the gig, it'd be absolutely lovely to see them unexpectedly.

But realistically, they would have had a gig the night before in Philly, and would probably (hopefully) want to retain energy for our gig so I wouldn't count on them being about.

But hopefully they'll be twitpic-ing.

*Bump*

Let's get this thread off page 2 because it's ONLY 10 DAYS AWAY!! :D

Anyway, so Muse will soon be arriving in North America...lets hope they make lots of Twitpics. :awesome:

So does anyone think they'll check out downtown Baltimore during the day of the show?

I'm not sure... I'm guessing D.C. area since there are more famous landmarks and all... I'm hoping I can somehow bump into them.. :chuckle: I'm keeping my eyes peeled everywhere for them. :awesome:

A week from tommorrow we head up for our adventures in Maryland! :awesome:

Anyone already in the area? How's the snow melting over there? Are there still mountains of it in some places?

I'm not sure... I'm guessing D.C. area since there are more famous landmarks and all... I'm hoping I can somehow bump into them.. :chuckle: I'm keeping my eyes peeled everywhere for them. :awesome:

A week from tommorrow we head up for our adventures in Maryland! :awesome:

Anyone already in the area? How's the snow melting over there? Are there still mountains of it in some places?

The snow is melting pretty good but there are still huge piles of it everywhere. Some areas of parking lots are not even plowed. The main streets are good though. I was finally able to see the grass in part my yard yesterday lol.

I just got a response on facebook from 1st Mariner Arena about cameras for the Muse gig and they said "Unfortunately cameras are not permitted at this event. If the promoters change this we will post it."

I've just checked the website and information about the camera situation.

Here's what it said:

Are cameras permitted in the Arena?

The general building policy is that professional cameras, video cameras, and detachable lenses are not permitted. However, some shows may allow standard 35mm cameras or disposable cameras. It is best to call the arena the day of the event at 410-347-2020 to find out the exact show policy.

For more... http://www.baltimorearena.com/frequently-asked-questions.shtml

Edit: Wait...just read this now...

On sale Monday, December 21!

MUSE will be with very special guests Silversun Pickups!

The floor will be General Admission (standing room only).

Cameras are not permitted at this event.

http://www.baltimorearena.com/event-more-info.shtml?e_id=271

On sale Monday, December 21!

MUSE will be with very special guests Silversun Pickups!

The floor will be General Admission (standing room only).

Cameras are not permitted at this event.

Really?? That's no good. I really wanted to bring my camera as this will be my first concert... I was even planning which songs I wanted to record.

My camera is a small little digital camera that I was planning on having in the pocket of my jeans (I'm still quite determined to bring mine, regardless). Does anyone know if its that serious that they'll actually search you for a camera? If worse comes to worse I'll just use my phone... but I really wanted to take pictures.:erm:

Really?? That's no good. I really wanted to bring my camera as this will be my first concert... I was even planning which songs I wanted to record.

My camera is a small little digital camera that I was planning on having in the pocket of my jeans (I'm still quite determined to bring mine, regardless). Does anyone know if its that serious that they'll actually search you for a camera? If worse comes to worse I'll just use my phone... but I really wanted to take pictures.:erm:

apparently they a lot of venues don't allow cameras, but people take them anyway. I don't think they'll check your pockets...maybe a purse or something. I don't know how strict security will be..

Who will be there...? I WILL. Ahh I can't wait. Such a great birthday present.

At any rate, cameras are most never 'permitted' in shows. My advice to you is put them either in your bra or in your pants and just be careful with when you take pictures. Loose your flash, and make friends with security. :)

Usually works for me.

It's a shame that I won't be on the floor though...

yeah il be queuing for barrier..so im still debating if i should risk it or not..pants is a good idea but what about taking it out right in front of security's face? not too sure yet...

When I went to go see Green Day in Minnesota this summer the venue was pretty strict about cameras... they padded down. But at the bar I asked the security guard about it and he said, and I quote, "I don't give a f*** what you do, you're here to have fun, just don't do anything dumb". But they were also contracted security so who knows. If 1st Mar. uses their own security... just be friendly first... if they are outside security, they will not care. Like I said though, just don't use flash.

ALTHOUGH, that said, taking the camera in the pit (especially the bar) in general is kinda risky for the camera's sake. Don't know what your experience is with pits but you'll probably be off the ground for a good duration of time because of the people crushing you into a fine powder.

Either way, just be careful! :D I wish I'd gotten general admission...

When I went to go see Green Day in Minnesota this summer the venue was pretty strict about cameras... they padded down. But at the bar I asked the security guard about it and he said, and I quote, "I don't give a f*** what you do, you're here to have fun, just don't do anything dumb". But they were also contracted security so who knows. If 1st Mar. uses their own security... just be friendly first... if they are outside security, they will not care. Like I said though, just don't use flash.

ALTHOUGH, that said, taking the camera in the pit (especially the bar) in general is kinda risky for the camera's sake. Don't know what your experience is with pits but you'll probably be off the ground for a good duration of time because of the people crushing you into a fine powder.

Either way, just be careful! :D I wish I'd gotten general admission...

yeahh...well..il think about it though thank you for the help! yeah you should have gotten GA its where the party is at my friend

my camera isnt even worth bringing in. :chuckle: anyone with a fancy Nikon or Canon wanna trade for a Kodak Easy Share? :D:awesome::LOL:

I can't stop thinking about how close this gig is. My first full Muse gig! :awesome: Can't count Raleigh because they opened up for U2...

And they're still announcing dates apparently... they just announced a show in Phoenix... wonder if NC still has a chance? :D:LOL: Good thing I'm already going to this gig anyways so I'm not missing out on the tour either way! :awesome:

Who will be there...? I WILL. Ahh I can't wait. Such a great birthday present.

At any rate, cameras are most never 'permitted' in shows. My advice to you is put them either in your bra or in your pants and just be careful with when you take pictures. Loose your flash, and make friends with security. :)

Usually works for me.

It's a shame that I won't be on the floor though...

It's your birthday the third too? :awesome: Same here :happy:

Alright...well, I won't be at the barrier for this gig I don't think... the March 1st one though I will be. So, I'll have to be careful if security is strict.

It's your birthday the third too? :awesome: Same here :happy:

Alright...well, I won't be at the barrier for this gig I don't think... the March 1st one though I will be. So, I'll have to be careful if security is strict.

Oh no... my birthday is today. It's just I bout the ticket as a gift for myself. I'm going to get GA if and when they go to Kansas City because I'll likely be back there when it happens... Then, then I will gladly be physically abused, haha. I've never been to a concert by myself though, this'll be a first for me. :/

Yeah, I'll be in seats, so I think I'm just gonna bring my camera just in case and not be too obnoxious about it.

That's awesome to those of you who are going on your birthday (or as a birthday gift). Best present ever. This concert was a Christmas gift from my parents and I already know that this is the best Christmas gift I've ever received. I'm excited. Beyond stoked.

What I really want from this concert is for the crowd to be really into it all. I get goosebumps when I watch videos on youtube (I spent nearly my entire sunday evening watching Muse gigs and getting excited all over again) and you can hear the crowd almost louder than the music, like in PiB especially; I cannot wait to be a part of that crowd experience.

Oh no... my birthday is today. It's just I bout the ticket as a gift for myself. I'm going to get GA if and when they go to Kansas City because I'll likely be back there when it happens... Then, then I will gladly be physically abused, haha. I've never been to a concert by myself though, this'll be a first for me. :/

Ohhh, well happy birthday then!! :awesome:

Mondays concert will be my first proper Muse concert. I saw them last year with U2, but it wasn't a full show so... but I'm incredibly excited. It'll be the best experience ever

Yeah, I'll be in seats, so I think I'm just gonna bring my camera just in case and not be too obnoxious about it.

That's awesome to those of you who are going on your birthday (or as a birthday gift). Best present ever. This concert was a Christmas gift from my parents and I already know that this is the best Christmas gift I've ever received. I'm excited. Beyond stoked.

What I really want from this concert is for the crowd to be really into it all. I get goosebumps when I watch videos on youtube (I spent nearly my entire sunday evening watching Muse gigs and getting excited all over again) and you can hear the crowd almost louder than the music, like in PiB especially; I cannot wait to be a part of that crowd experience.

:yesey:

Oh I agree. Whenever Matt waves to the crowd to sing out Plug In Baby it's just great. I want an energetic great crowd. It'll be a good vibe. Ahhh can't wait

What I really want is to take a picture with them... THAT would be the BEST birthday present ever. This is the third time I've seen them.. but the first time I've really known well who they are.

Muse was the first show I ever saw... during Absolution, and when tickets were still stupid cheap. I wish I'd known them better then. I really hope they play stuff from Showbiz on, I've not looked at the setlist, and I won't... because I don't want to be spoiled. The second time I was them they opened for My Chemical Romance, and that was just not enough Muse for me. :(

This time though... it's big cookies! I REALLY want a picture... but I'll settle for a great show. I'm also excited about dressing up. It's not too often I get to dress really eccentric anymore, so I'll be sporting all sorts of red and black awesome!

Archived