Muse Hub (musehub.no-ip.org:333)

Soip

kroq.jpg

That doesn't mean it's mp3 sourced, at the moment it's probably the highest available quality version available, because it was recorded into lossless from the broadcast. All webcasts/FM/TV come up lossy because it's the way they've been broadcast, as opposed to them being mp3.

So really, it's lossy, but not through any fault of anyone.

kroq.jpg

That doesn't mean it's mp3 sourced, at the moment it's probably the highest available quality version available, because it was recorded into lossless from the broadcast. All webcasts/FM/TV come up lossy because it's the way they've been broadcast, as opposed to them being mp3.

So really, it's lossy, but not through any fault of anyone.

so what you actually say is that when you play an mp3 file on your pc and record it with a program in wav and convert it to flac or shn, you consider the song/boot as lossless....

Ok, I'll give that a shot when I get home. :) I know I have active selected in my settings right now.

The thing is I've tried downloading it from just about every person who's sharing it. I'm able to download & upload files from and to other users, and many of them have been resumed too, I just don't get why it's just that file. :confused: I think my computer just hates me and doesn't want me to have the video. Thanks for trying anyways :)

The file probably got corrupted - go to download queue and check the errors box. I suggest you cancel this download, and start again

btw: Muse suck!

so what you actually say is that when you play an mp3 file on your pc and record it with a program in wav and convert it to flac or shn, you consider the song/boot as lossless....

Dunno how you got that from my post.

I refuse to listen to mp3 bootlegs.

That KROQ bootleg is lossy only because that's the way it's broadcast.

TV/Radio broadcasts are distributed at a frequency less than that which is considered lossless. Unfortunately, that's the best we're likely to get, so it'll have to do, I guess, unless someone gets an actual soundboard.

mp3 as a format is rubbish, and shouldn't ever be used, IMO.

I've listened to a few bootlegs that sound like they've been recorded with some crap pocket tape recorder thing. The sound is soooo crap, is it really worth converting it to something that is about 40mb a song!!? I have videos that are smaller! With better sound! Remember the human ear can't hear most of the frequences which FLAC apparently keeps.. Why not just go with .ogg or wmp lossless?

i just keep getting disconnectd every time i connect, just says this...

*** Connecting to musehub.no-ip.org:333...

*** Connected

<Sécurité-Hub> Ce hub utilise PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.2.6 TestDrive 4 (UpTime: 0 hours, 43 minutes)

*** Disconnected

thats it, doesnt tell me anything else

• 2 weeks later...
I've listened to a few bootlegs that sound like they've been recorded with some crap pocket tape recorder thing. The sound is soooo crap, is it really worth converting it to something that is about 40mb a song!!? I have videos that are smaller! With better sound! Remember the human ear can't hear most of the frequences which FLAC apparently keeps.. Why not just go with .ogg or wmp lossless?

It's been said a million times, and there are plenty of reasons. One of the main ones is to preserve the quality - as if you burned your MP3s onto a CD and ripped it years later to make more MP3s for trading purposes or whatever, the quality would be even worse. It's fine if you don't agree or are at all interested in what i'm saying, just download whatever you really want, it's your life. The people who download lossless generally know what they want, and we don't really care if you complain, it's us who are 'wasting our time', not you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived