Muse musical! A screenplay ready for the production!

-SaH-

Dear Musers!

My name is Jarosław Marek GOPEK and I gladly announce to You that I’ve written a screenplay for the Muse action-musical “The Symmetry Origins”. Script is kept in fantasy/sci-fi genre, the action takes place in our world, present times, and it contains Muse songs from each album so far.

nywzo.jpg

2lw8yrp.jpg

The Symmetry Origins

Eva, an ordinary woman, starts having strange and mysterious dreams, which lead her to the forest near the city. When she finally arrives to the place of her dreams, she learns of her fate and that nothing is impossible from now on. Is she the right person to handle it?

[spoiler=Eva - concept art 1]hv302v.jpg

Erik is an electrician repairing the grid in the near town forest by night. By day, he helps Elizabeth with her health problems. After another night all of his work is turned to ruin and Elizabeth is missing. Will he find out what is going on in that dark, haunted forest?

[spoiler=Erik - concept art 1]5x386a.jpg

The project

Because of what has happened in my life, I wanted to share my idea of a story that I’ve had in my mind for several years. When I was transferring it on the paper, I’ve realised that the story, the characters, and even some dialogs are already there – covered by the music and lyrics of Muse songs. So I’ve decided to fully transform my writing into the screenplay for the movie that Muse has deserved for more than a decade. That is how a dark, neo-gothic script for an energizing and dynamic action musical, first of its kind, has been born. It took me only 1,5 years.

[spoiler=Eva - concept art 2]2ykx2f7.jpg

The concept

For obvious reasons I won’t write You what songs I used or even how many, but two of them every Muse fan will guess from concept art. In the movie only songs are sung, other dialogues are spoken normally. There aren’t any scenes of synchronised dance – it is the action, bullets, love, and swords dance to the rhythm of Muse.

[spoiler=Erik - concept art 2]2j4x6wm.jpg

The future

Screenplay for over 2-hour show is ready. My first step is to get a permission, a glance or just a kind word from Muse, because I strongly believe that, in some way, it is also their script. Therefore without Muse’s blessing I don’t want to talk with the movie producers. What is more, this screenplay is the first one I’ve wrote, so it’s difficult for me to catch the attention of big professional studios. That’s why I need and kindly ask for Your help. I hope that with the support from Musers all around the world we can bring this movie to life.

The dedication

I dedicate this script to the memory of my beloved daughter Chwałka Teresa GOPEK (Gloria is the closest name in English) who passed away at the age of 35 days on May 22nd, 2015.

[spoiler=Gloria]2qe000z.jpg

The request

I kindly ask You to follow me and my idea on this forum and other social media. Together we can make a great thing and I strongly believe that my story and Muse songs will make a tremendous movie! Please follow the #tsomovie #museical #jmgopek.

[spoiler=The Family]x3wsqe.jpg

Best Regards from Koszalin, Poland.

Jarosław Marek Gopek

Edited by -SaH-

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Musers! I gladly announce that I've been accepted by a committee and will take part in the Warsaw Next workshops for starting artists during the 33rd Warsaw Film Festival!

Wish me luck in finding a Muse Fan agent :D

Follow me on: Twitt, twitt! #museical #jmgopek #tsomovie!

"I will protect you..." and "This is the last time I'll abandon you..." could be found on concept poster, lyrics from "Follow Me" and "Stockholm Syndrome". There was only one answer including correct titles... so which one will be first in the TSO movie will remain a secret... for now.

Congrats to Mrs. Wiktoria R., winner from project FB page

• 1 month later...

Hi sah,

I wrote a topic about a creation with my musical group. We want to use for all the show the sounds of Muse but because the translation or the story plot the lyrics can be change in parts.

For your project with the symmetry origins you change something in the Lyrics? do you think is possible that change some lyrics damage the masterpieces of Muse?

thank you

Hi!

I myself, didn't change any lyrics... but sometimes I used older or alternative (live) version.

In my case Muse songs are in fact perfect fit to my movie. Sometimes, because they just are and it was amazing and it was the main reason why I made my script like this. Sometimes, because I made some small corrections in the story so the song would fit.

I want for this movie to be an outstanding story with greatest Muse songs for every fan. But in other projects I don't see why some changes can't be made - it only depends if it fit the whole concept and if it fit song and music after the changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Today is a good day for the project as I will have my first interview played on radio! :) It's local radio, only in Polish, but small steps, small steps :D

I will try to make some summary of it here or on projects FB page (facebook.com/tsomovie).

Best Regards!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...